Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 03:10 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
FBI — Table 6

Those are the actual stats those lists are based on. Look at the metropolitan areas, and look at the rates per 100K people. It's nowhere near top 10 in the USA.
As I told him,these stats cannot be used to rank.

Not to mention that the ranking based on cities crime index are not far apart from each other in most cases.Its so ridiculous its not even funny.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 03:31 PM

89 posts, read 96,790 times
Quote:
FBI — Table 6

Those are the actual stats those lists are based on. Look at the metropolitan areas, and look at the rates per 100K people. It's nowhere near top 10 in the USA.
But all that list has done is show dallas has lower crime levels as Ive been saying all along.

The list here shows something completely different. ..
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/united_..._by_crime_rate

Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London_knowledge View Post
But all that list has done is show dallas has lower crime levels as Ive been saying all along.

That is NOT all you been saying.
Dallas crime is not that much of huge difference than Atlanta yet you mention Detroit in the same sentence.Not to mention Ft.Worth crime about the same as Atlanta.

That is what I have said to you.That Dallas and Atlanta and many cities are not much difference in many

Fort Worth is just literally next door less than 15 minutes.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:25 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:

Yea, the stats show DFW is slightly safer than Atlanta while Houston and Charlotte are less safe than Atlanta. However, the post of yours that I was replying to was that Atlanta is one of the top 10 most dangerous which isn't the case at all according to the stats.

As I've said before, if Atlanta is too dangerous for you then DFW is about the same and there's a lot worse. If Atlanta's crime rates are too appalling for you, then you should probably strike the US completely as it's mostly smaller metros, most of them not in the South and therefore too earthquake prone or too cold, that would work. Consider Australia.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Yea, the stats show DFW is slightly safer than Atlanta while Houston and Charlotte are less safe than Atlanta. However, the post of yours that I was replying to was that Atlanta is one of the top 10 most dangerous which isn't the case at all according to the stats.

As I've said before, if Atlanta is too dangerous for you then DFW is about the same and there's a lot worse. If Atlanta's crime rates are too appalling for you, then you should probably strike the US completely as it's mostly smaller metros, most of them not in the South and therefore too earthquake prone or too cold, that would work. Consider Australia.
But there are countless lists all voting atlanta as one of the top 10 most dangerous cities lol. Oh I know il just ignore the stats, ignore the all the lists from forbes,cnn, usa today and countless other sites that are saying atlanta is top ten most dangerous and I'll just listen to 2 or 3 guys on city data who say otherwise but coincidentally live in atlanta lol. I dont think so homers. Im sure atlanta has some lovely parts but for me the crime is too high overall. FACT -it IS higher than dallas crime. Im not saying dallas is perfect but atlantas is still higher.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:11 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Come on to the DFW area - it's a dynamic, energetic area with lots of history and a very diverse culture. Great shopping and plenty of restaurants of every sort you could ever imagine. The people are friendly and the cost of living is very reasonable - also the unemployment rate is below the national average. I think you will really enjoy it and will be able to make a home for yourself. Good luck and let the great folks in the Texas forum know if you have any questions!

Old 11-06-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
But there are countless lists all voting atlanta as one of the top 10 most dangerous cities lol. Oh I know il just ignore the stats, ignore the all the lists from forbes,cnn, usa today and countless other sites that are saying atlanta is top ten most dangerous and I'll just listen to 2 or 3 guys on city data who say otherwise but coincidentally live in atlanta lol. I dont think so homers. Im sure atlanta has some lovely parts but for me the crime is too high overall. FACT -it IS higher than dallas crime. Im not saying dallas is perfect but atlantas is still higher.
You are beyond silly dude.Did it ever occur to you that "homer" like me are not from Atlanta and made the choice like you tyo move because we like it?

You are changing your story.Now that you see the actually stats you see the list are very arbitrary.
The actual stats are right there.Its right there for you to see and you STILL keep talking about a list.

Im SOO glad Dallas or somewhere else gets to put up with you.

Crime is much higher in the U.S. than England.Why move to the states if cities scare you so much?Its not like Dallas or Atlanta is the worse at all.Not much separating most of them.

These list are made for people like you.They get huge business for people who won't bother to read the sources for themselves.People who need sensationalism.

Talk about being "sheep".

Violent Crimes per 100,000 people

Dallas-336.0
Ft.Worth-401.4
Tampa-435.2
Atlanta-400.9
Orlando-595.0
Miami-596.7
Miami Beach-724.3
Houston-550.8

Old 11-06-2013, 09:04 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
You asked for a list--I gave it to you. Don't weasel here. Those lists you're looking at are based on the FBI's compilation of stats and I gave you the direct source for those compilations (as in the actual FBI stats). I would hope that continued reiterations of the argument and bringing you a link to the actual crime stats might somehow make sense because numbers should be pretty easy to understand though I understand that might be a bit difficult to understand how breaking down the stats by areas works.

The link I sent you has the actual crime stats. Now, for Atlanta to be top 10, it needs to have fewer than 10 places on the list with a higher rate of violent crimes per 100,000 people (one of the categories listed in there). Does it have that? No. Is Dallas's crime rate comparable? Yep. So, like I said, if one's too much for you where you seem to be fearing for your life, it's unlikely the other's going to work out for you either. You should consider Australia instead whose cities have maybe a fraction of what Dallas or Atlanta have in violent crime.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 11-06-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM

Default http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_%2840,000%E2%80 %9360,000%29 * http://en.wikipedia.org/

These links show
Atlanta is 17th in usa in murder rate per 100000
19th per 100000 for violent crime
Aggravated assault 25th
Property crime 28th
Motor theft 7th

Out of hundreds s of cities

Old 11-06-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
These links show
Atlanta is 17th in usa in murder rate per 100000
19th per 100000 for violent crime
Aggravated assault 25th
Property crime 28th
Motor theft 7th

Out of hundreds of cities

I see you are now ,making false statements now.

Quote:
Atlanta’s public safety improvement between 2001 and 2009 occurred at more than twice the rate of the rest of the country.[2] Crime is down across the country, but Atlanta’s improvement has far surpassed the national trend. This relative improvement explains why Atlanta—after ranking in the top five highest crime cities for most of the previous three decades—now ranks 31st. Atlanta has lower crime than Salt Lake City, Orlando and Tacoma, Washington

Crime in Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where is Atlanta on this list.list?
Most Dangerous Cities in America

Here is a link that says Atlanta is not even in the top 10 for motor vehicle theft.
NICB Ranks Top 10 Cities for Auto Theft | PropertyCasualty360
Cities like San Francisco and Spokane are on there.

You said "hundreds" of cities". Actually there are "thousands" of cities.So what is it that you mean because you make no sense.Especially when you talk about the size of Atlanta,there are not even that many cities the size of Atlanta.

Atlanta demographically is 28 counties with over 8000 square miles of land.Not many cities cover that much space

Another thing we also told you.Crime is mostly concentrated in a few neighborhoods.

Quote:
Much of the city's crime, however, is centralized in most of its western neighborhoods and scattered neighborhoods adjacent to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. These include Grove Park, Center Hill, and Bankhead, one of the most crime-infested neighborhoods of Atlanta.
You can blah blah all you want but you sound really crazy with your remarks EVEN after you have been given all sorts of data.

I really think you are trolling. Or you need to believe that your decision and reasoning is solid.Its not but I'm sure you will keep looking for more reasons to justify your insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City