Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is a good place for people from a small town.
Washington DC 22 33.85%
Chicago 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 02:36 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,765,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
You told me to ask a black person, so I asked the guy who works next to me. He laughed.

He laughed about what? He doesn't think D.C. has beautiful women? Has he been here? Every black person known's Atlanta, DC, and New York have some of the best looking black women in the nation. Who is this guy? Even BajanYankee will vouch for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 02:37 PM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
You told me to ask a black person, so I asked the guy who works next to me. He laughed.
DC doesn't have much Black culture nowadays. Not for the professional class anyway. Gentrification has put an end to that.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
DC doesn't have much Black culture nowadays. Not for the professional class anyway. Gentrification has put an end to that.

Do you think the black women are beautiful in D.C.? And really man? Are you really going that far? This is getting out of hand. People are now just straight up lying. I think its time we end this.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Do you think the black women are beautiful in D.C.?
They don't live in DC. They live in places like Silver Spring and Alexandria.

DC is dispersed. There is no neighborhood like Harlem or Bed-Stuy where you're going to see a large concentration of Black professionals in a coffee shop, at the cleaners, at the laundromat, etc. All of the most urban neighborhoods have gentrified. If you walk into Boundary Stone, it's 95% White, 3% Asian, 1% Hispanic (usually a well-to-do Cuban) and 1% Black.

Some of that used to exist in the immediate area around Howard. But that's virtually non-exisent these days.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:43 PM

260 posts, read 299,739 times
Quote:
This is a lie. I know gentrification. I grew-up in NY during the late 80s early 90s i know gentrification. How can you say that? The Ethiopian population have immense culture. They're other blacks that are thriving as well.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
They don't live in DC. They live in places like Silver Spring and Alexandria.

DC is dispersed. There is no neighborhood like Harlem or Bed-Stuy where you're going to see a large concentration of Black professionals in a coffee shop, at the cleaners, at the laundromat, etc. All of the most urban neighborhoods have gentrified. If you walk into Boundary Stone, it's 95% White, 3% Asian, 1% Hispanic (usually a well-to-do Cuban) and 1% Black.

Some of that used to exist in the immediate area around Howard. But that's virtually non-exisent these days.

LOL....

When people talk about women, they are talking about an entire region. Ok, I'm just done with you after this. That response was so out of this world I don't even know why any of the people on this forum waste their time with you.

Atlanta is even worse than D.C. for people living in the city versus the region. Shoot, there are barely any people living in the Atlanta city limits period. You are wayyy too much sometimes.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:46 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,522,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
In 2009, there were 8,000 licensed taxi operators in DC with a 1,000 on the waiting list.

D.C. Wire - Too Many Taxi Drivers in D.C.?
Uhhh..I said TAXIS. Not drivers
There are at least 12,500 drivers in Chicago. Nice try though

Old 11-14-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
This is a lie. I know gentrification. I grew-up in NY during the late 80s early 90s i know gentrification. How can you say that? The Ethiopian population have immense culture. They're other blacks that are thriving as well.
It's not a lie. You can't even get your story straight. Are you from Connecticut or New York? Which is it?

Quote:
im an african american from CT
The most urban, walkable neighborhoods in DC either (a) have few Black people or (b) have few Black professionals. There are few, if any, nice restaurants where 50%+ of the patronage is African American. DC doesn't have the density to support that.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
You have got to learn the history of BajanYankee to understand the things he says. He used to live in D.C. He still has property here but he moved to Brooklyn years ago so now he just reaps the financial benefits from D.C. He still comes down to D.C. sometimes probably for business. Here is the thing, he hates D.C. now. Something must have happened to him because he used to love D.C. You can read his post history from 5-6 years ago. His tune was sooooo different. Its actually kind of funny really. Anyway, you have to take everything he says with a grain of salt. He has a chip on his shoulder and its personal with him and D.C.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
Uhhh..I said TAXIS. Not drivers
There are at least 12,500 drivers in Chicago. Nice try though

D.C. taxis should be red, panel recommends - The Washington Post

"A D.C. Taxicab Commission panel on Wednesday recommended red as the uniform color for the District’s 7,000 cabs."

Also, shouldn't Chicago have about 20,000 cabs with 2.8 million people? Oh, that's right, people mainly drive there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City