Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 12:24 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
^ Oh boy! Going to get banged over the head for this one!

I'd rather live in Cincinnati. Milder winters. More sunshine. Rugged terrain like my beloved Pittsburgh. Inexpensive cost-of-living. Diversified economy. Nice urban neighborhoods like Over-the-Rhine, Mt. Adams, and Hyde Park.

NEXT: Montpelier, VT vs. Pierre, SD
Montpelier, VT. Liberal town and closer to the cities I like in New England.

Huntsville, AL or Asheville, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 12:53 PM

12,265 posts, read 8,209,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Montpelier, VT. Liberal town and closer to the cities I like in New England.

Huntsville, AL or Asheville, NC?
Asheville hands down!

Nashville TN or Chicago IL? Battle of the two best cities in that Midwestern/MidSouth part of the country!

Old 05-11-2020, 01:29 PM

597 posts, read 457,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Asheville hands down!

Nashville TN or Chicago IL? Battle of the two best cities in that Midwestern/MidSouth part of the country!

Chicago ... no contest. Chicago is a world class city.... with top attractions, museums, major sports, the lakefront.. hustle and bustle.... ethnic diversity. .... Nashville has a river in the middle of town and a few honkytonks.

Jacksonville FL or Charleston SC.

Old 05-11-2020, 02:23 PM

3,654 posts, read 4,536,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Chicago ... no contest. Chicago is a world class city.... with top attractions, museums, major sports, the lakefront.. hustle and bustle.... ethnic diversity. .... Nashville has a river in the middle of town and a few honkytonks.

Jacksonville FL or Charleston SC.
Charleston SC. I generally like Florida better than South Carolina, but I think Jacksonville is hell in Florida and Charleston is heaven (for lack of a better word) in SC. I love it as a tourist, so not sure as a resident but I'd try it out. I think I'd have fun smoking a blunt and people watching on King St et al.

San Antonio, Texas or Louisville, Kentucky?

Old 05-11-2020, 02:43 PM

13,849 posts, read 8,142,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
San Antonio, Texas or Louisville, Kentucky?
San Antonio because of weather and food.

Milton, FL or Milton, GA?

Old 05-11-2020, 03:44 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,225,149 times
This is one of those scary ones that turns out ok. I'll definitely take Georgia over Florida since that one is on the outskirts of Atlanta vs outskirts of Pensacola. Plus, as far as Atlanta goes, Milton is pretty close to the NW suburbs that I would frequent anyway.

Villanova, PA vs Moraga, CA

Old 05-11-2020, 06:06 PM

14,369 posts, read 9,274,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
This is one of those scary ones that turns out ok. I'll definitely take Georgia over Florida since that one is on the outskirts of Atlanta vs outskirts of Pensacola. Plus, as far as Atlanta goes, Milton is pretty close to the NW suburbs that I would frequent anyway.

Villanova, PA vs Moraga, CA
If the rest of Moraga is like the St. Mary's College campus, then I'll take Moraga simply because Mission architecture is much better than 1950s Catholic modern, which is what comprises most of the Villanova campus. But you probably get more for your money in Villanova than in Moraga.

Another city with several satellites:

Boston or Brockton, Mass.?

Old 05-11-2020, 11:12 PM

9,741 posts, read 9,533,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
If the rest of Moraga is like the St. Mary's College campus, then I'll take Moraga simply because Mission architecture is much better than 1950s Catholic modern, which is what comprises most of the Villanova campus. But you probably get more for your money in Villanova than in Moraga.

Another city with several satellites:

Boston or Brockton, Mass.?
Boston due to the big city amenities, culture, and education.

Sanford, FL or Brunswick, GA?

Old 05-12-2020, 12:50 AM

597 posts, read 457,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Boston due to the big city amenities, culture, and education.

Sanford, FL or Brunswick, GA?

I see what you did there

Sanford.... a larger place. close to Orlando so I can make a quick drive to experience sports and citylife. I would hate the climate though.

Raleigh NC or Hartford CT

Old 05-12-2020, 06:20 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,921,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
I see what you did there

Sanford.... a larger place. close to Orlando so I can make a quick drive to experience sports and citylife. I would hate the climate though.

Raleigh NC or Hartford CT
Raleigh... better neighborhoods, better winters, seems like a more attractive place to live overall.

State College, PA or Lincoln, NE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City