Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2020, 07:50 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fernandina Beach... Mystic looks like a nice town, but it's not that close to any major New England cities, whereas Fer. Beach is right outside Jacksonville. If I had to live on the ocean, I'd prefer to be in a warmer location as well.

Wichita, KS or Little Rock, AR?
Little Rock. No brainer. Wichita is small and more conservative. Little Rock is located in a nice setting with rolling hills and lots of outdoor stuff. I also like it being close to family in Memphis.

Murfreesboro, TN or Franklin, TN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 09:18 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,211,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Fernandina Beach... Mystic looks like a nice town, but it's not that close to any major New England cities, whereas Fer. Beach is right outside Jacksonville. If I had to live on the ocean, I'd prefer to be in a warmer location as well.

Wichita, KS or Little Rock, AR?
Fernandina Beach is a pretty nice place. Quintessential FL beach living along the coast, plus quintessential charming historic downtown area. It's very expensive by FL small town standards though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Little Rock. No brainer. Wichita is small and more conservative. Little Rock is located in a nice setting with rolling hills and lots of outdoor stuff. I also like it being close to family in Memphis.

Murfreesboro, TN or Franklin, TN?
I'm gonna go with Murfreesboro. They both look pretty decent, and similar, but MTSU tilts the scales for me.

Reno, NV vs Minneapolis, MN

Old 05-15-2020, 09:20 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,994,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Fernandina Beach is a pretty nice place. Quintessential FL beach living along the coast, plus quintessential charming historic downtown area. It's very expensive by FL small town standards though.

I'm gonna go with Murfreesboro. They both look pretty decent, and similar, but MTSU tilts the scales for me.

Reno, NV vs Minneapolis, MN
Reno, but only because of weather and no state income tax. Otherwise, Minneapolis. Bigger, more exciting city. Just wished MSP wasn't so cold!

Sacramento vs Atlanta

Old 05-15-2020, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Reno, but only because of weather and no state income tax. Otherwise, Minneapolis. Bigger, more exciting city. Just wished MSP wasn't so cold!

Sacramento vs Atlanta
Atlanta. Much better city and value.

Charlotte, NC or Jersey City, NJ?

Old 05-15-2020, 09:43 AM

3,651 posts, read 4,528,000 times
Jersey City, it's a real city and Charlotte is far too suburban and hot for my tastes

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Washington DC?

Old 05-15-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Jersey City, it's a real city and Charlotte is far too suburban and hot for my tastes

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or Washington DC?
Philly for sure. DC is far too type A for my liking and way overpriced.

Madison, WI or Chattanooga, TN?

Old 05-15-2020, 10:09 AM

355 posts, read 161,212 times
The Noog for me. Both are appealing locations and proximity to Chicago/Atlanta is probably a wash but Chattanooga offers more year round outdoor opportunities. Also feel Chattanooga offers more upside whereas Madison is already there. No state income tax in TN is a bonus.

Overland Park KS or Winter Park FL

Old 05-15-2020, 10:44 AM

13,797 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Winter Park. I don't like Orlando, but I'm from Central Florida so it's close to home for me. Weather is a strong factor in this one.

Winston-Salem, NC or Lexington, KY?

Old 05-15-2020, 10:48 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
The Noog for me. Both are appealing locations and proximity to Chicago/Atlanta is probably a wash but Chattanooga offers more year round outdoor opportunities. Also feel Chattanooga offers more upside whereas Madison is already there. No state income tax in TN is a bonus.

Tornadoes in the spring or hurricanes in the summer and fall?

Stuck-up Johnson F**king Countians or snowbirds living out their golden years?

Major League baseball or spring training?

Suburb of a sizable Midwestern city or Disney adjacent?

Decent barbecue or ...?

Tell you what. I'll take Overland Park, but will you let me swap out the Real Housewives of Johnson County for the Floridians?

Boston or Lynn, Mass.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:52 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Winter Park. I don't like Orlando, but I'm from Central Florida so it's close to home for me. Weather is a strong factor in this one.

Winston-Salem, NC or Lexington, KY?
Since (a) you posted while I was hashing it out (b) we came to opposite conclusions*, I'll take this one too.

Here, the choice is great barbecue or great bourbon, forests or horse farms.

The Wildcats and Wake Forest University I can take or leave.

But Q and lots of trees win out: Winston-Salem.

Again: Boston or Lynn, Mass.?

*Well, actually, we both chose places "close to home," as I hail from Kansas City. I also don't mind winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City