Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 05:35 PM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Haven't been to NC, spent lots of time in NorCal, but I like the South a lot more than the West Coast, so Asheville it is.

Also, I find Napa and Somona counties to be too pretentious, what with all the wine snobs, gourmet dining, country clubs, and spas on top with all the Canadian style leftism California is famous for. I don't even drink wine!

Hampton Roads or Greater Sacramento?
Tough choice. The edge goes to Hampton Roads due to the history, culture, and location. HR is a good value and I like the military presence.

Greenville, SC or Provo, UT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 05:40 PM

4,147 posts, read 3,003,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tough choice. The edge goes to Hampton Roads due to the history, culture, and location. HR is a good value and I like the military presence.

Greenville, SC or Provo, UT?
Greenville. Provo is safe, clean, and has friendly people, as well as being close to a large airport and close to the best skiing America, but it's in the Mountain West and is simply too isolated from the rest of the country, and gets a bit too dry in the summer.

Greenville has smaller mountains, but the greenery compensates for that.

Duluth, MN or Thunder Bay?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:08 PM

613 posts, read 333,669 times
Thunder Bay, the name sounds cool, and I always wanted to go to Canada again

Presque Isle, ME or Belgrade, MT?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:19 PM

357 posts, read 163,693 times
I love Maine but PI seems a bit too remote. I'll go with Belgrade which is close to Bozeman.

Cincinnati OH or Omaha NE?

Old 05-19-2020, 07:24 PM

597 posts, read 456,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Thunder Bay, the name sounds cool, and I always wanted to go to Canada again

Presque Isle, ME or Belgrade, MT?

Presque Isle ME. I might be only one of a handful of black people in town..... but at least I wouldnt be the only black person as I would be in that Montana town At least in Maine.. I would be close to the Atlantic Ocean...... Portland and Boston wouldnt be THAT far of a weekend drive. The cold would be ok... but I presume it snows alot.. and I would have to get used to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
I love Maine but PI seems a bit too remote. I'll go with Belgrade which is close to Bozeman.

Cincinnati OH or Omaha NE?

Cincinnati. Better location (not as isolated) Cincinnati has intrigued me for a bit.... some interesting neighborhoods there.. and the scenery outside of town is much better. Weather wouldnt be a problem..... pro sports is a bonus.

Highlands NC or Blowing Rock NC.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 PM

2,578 posts, read 2,919,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Presque Isle ME. I might be only one of a handful of black people in town..... but at least I wouldnt be the only black person as I would be in that Montana town At least in Maine.. I would be close to the Atlantic Ocean...... Portland and Boston wouldnt be THAT far of a weekend drive. The cold would be ok... but I presume it snows alot.. and I would have to get used to that.

Cincinnati. Better location (not as isolated) Cincinnati has intrigued me for a bit.... some interesting neighborhoods there.. and the scenery outside of town is much better. Weather wouldnt be a problem..... pro sports is a bonus.

Highlands NC or Blowing Rock NC.
Blowing Rock... both seem like they'd be fun places to visit at least. I chose Blowing Rock because it's close to Boone/Appalachian State University.

Stockton, CA vs Wichita Falls, TX?

Old 05-19-2020, 08:56 PM

Wichita Falls TX looks nice as long as I've got an adequate tornado shelter.

Cedar City UT or Montrose CO?

Old 05-20-2020, 07:14 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Cedar City UT or Montrose CO?
Definitely Montrose. Cedar City looks nice, but the climate seems too arid for my tastes. SW Colorado looks amazing.

Port Charlotte, FL or Morehead City, NC?

Old 05-20-2020, 08:57 AM

7,780 posts, read 10,223,990 times
Port Charlotte just because it is FL.

Abilene, TX vs Syracuse, NY

Old 05-20-2020, 09:01 AM

Abiline because its in the great state of TX and Syracuse doesn't provide me with the required Vitamin D levels from November through April.

Richmond VA or Louisville KY

Last edited by MyCityIsBetterThanYours; 05-20-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City