Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2020, 09:09 PM

6,441 posts, read 5,098,516 times

Advertisements

Wichita, seems to have a more vibrant downtown and a few walkable neighborhoods. If nothing else, I'd rather have real winters.

Dallas, TX or Manhattan, NY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2020, 10:02 PM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Wichita, seems to have a more vibrant downtown and a few walkable neighborhoods. If nothing else, I'd rather have real winters.

Dallas, TX or Manhattan, NY?
Dallas. I'm more similar with it and it's closer to family. Rochester MN or Ames IA?

Old 10-08-2020, 04:55 AM

14,348 posts, read 9,234,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Dallas. I'm more similar with it and it's closer to family. Rochester MN or Ames IA?
I'd definitely rather get sick in Rochester. Otherwise, I'll take Iowa State University over the Mayo Clinic. Ames.

Ames or Iowa City?

Old 10-08-2020, 06:41 AM

355 posts, read 161,212 times
Iowa or Iowa State. I'd go with Iowa City for the big 10 presence and a more substantial overall town/metro.

Eugene or Corvallis OR?

Old 10-08-2020, 07:51 AM

13,814 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Eugene or Corvallis OR?
Corvallis. I just get the impression it's a bit more down to earth. Beavers over Ducks.

St. Marys, Georgia or Trenton, Georgia?

Old 10-08-2020, 08:16 AM

1,169 posts, read 758,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
C

St. Marys, Georgia or Trenton, Georgia?
I love the Chattanooga area too but St. Mary's is beautiful and if not for my spouse who does not want to live in the South (she is a west coaster) it would be in my top five retirement locations. It's proximity to Jacksonville for major shopping and airport and sand beaches, right off Cumberland Island, short drive to Jekyll and St Simons and even Savannah, etc.

Kailua-Kona, HI or Charlotte Amalie, USVI?

Old 10-08-2020, 11:09 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
I love the Chattanooga area too but St. Mary's is beautiful and if not for my spouse who does not want to live in the South (she is a west coaster) it would be in my top five retirement locations. It's proximity to Jacksonville for major shopping and airport and sand beaches, right off Cumberland Island, short drive to Jekyll and St Simons and even Savannah, etc.

Kailua-Kona, HI or Charlotte Amalie, USVI?
Kailua Kona. Would be more interesting to me. San Juan PR or Honolulu HI?

Old 10-08-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Kailua Kona. Would be more interesting to me. San Juan PR or Honolulu HI?
Well, it's about 60% more expensive in Honolulu than San Juan, so as someone who is recently retired and would not be working except for fun, San Juan wins. Both cities have really nice parts and surroundings and some not so nice parts. Weather's better in Honolulu, so that was a tough one. But better yachting in PR

International Falls, MN or Presidio, TX?

Old 10-08-2020, 12:18 PM

13,814 posts, read 8,095,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
International Falls, MN or Presidio, TX?
Presidio, TX - easy choice. It has better weather and culture (food!) and is also right next to the beautiful Big Bend region and all of the outdoor activities that offers.

Post Falls, Idaho or Lincoln, Nebraska?

Old 10-08-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post

Post Falls, Idaho or Lincoln, Nebraska?
Funny, I just spent the night in Post Falls last month on my way through to somewhere else. I have to say Post Falls, not because of the town itself, which was utterly unremarkable, but because of what's around it - the Spokane area is the gateway to a lot of beautiful country and outdoor activities. Lincoln OTOH? Not unless you enjoy bird hunting

Mammoth Lakes, CA or Crested Butte, CO?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City