Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2020, 10:25 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,438,969 times

Advertisements

Mount Pleasant, no state income tax in Texas!

Baltimore, Maryland or Dallas, Texas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2020, 10:52 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Mount Pleasant, no state income tax in Texas!

Baltimore, Maryland or Dallas, Texas?
Dallas for sure. The city keeps getting better. It is well kept and offers great jobs.

Milwaukee, WI or Charlotte, NC?

Old 12-10-2020, 02:48 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Dallas for sure. The city keeps getting better. It is well kept and offers great jobs.

Milwaukee, WI or Charlotte, NC?
Charlotte, hands down. Just a better, higher QOL city overall, IMO.

Richmond, VA or Louisville, KY?

Old 12-10-2020, 06:59 AM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Charlotte, hands down. Just a better, higher QOL city overall, IMO.

Richmond, VA or Louisville, KY?
This one's close: Both are really cool and attractive cities with great entertainment/culture districts.

But I think that its location and its architecture give Richmond a slight edge, even if you get better whiskey in Louisville because it's the home of Bourbon. (You also get better barbecue there. Jeez, can I spend skx months out of the year in one and six in the other?)

St. Louis, Mo., or St. Louis Park, Minn.?

Old 12-10-2020, 07:16 AM

13,791 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
St. Louis, Mo., or St. Louis Park, Minn.?
St. Louis, MO. Even though I'm not a big city person, I can appreciate the urban lifestyle and would be willing to embrace it in this case. I was expecting StL proper to be a lot more expensive than suburban MPLS, but it's actually not. Honestly just thinking about Minnesota winters is enough to scare me off of St Louis Park.

Mason, Michigan or Dixon, Illinois?

Old 12-10-2020, 11:18 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
St. Louis, MO. Even though I'm not a big city person, I can appreciate the urban lifestyle and would be willing to embrace it in this case. I was expecting StL proper to be a lot more expensive than suburban MPLS, but it's actually not. Honestly just thinking about Minnesota winters is enough to scare me off of St Louis Park.

Mason, Michigan or Dixon, Illinois?
Mason. Closer to a larger city/town. Danville VA or Danville ILL?

Old 12-10-2020, 01:30 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,089,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Danville VA or Danville ILL?
Danville, Virginia. It's a better city - Danville, IL is depressed and dying - and it has great outdoor recreation opportunities all around.

Keeping it in Virginia:

Poquoson or Petersburg?

Old 12-10-2020, 03:50 PM

7,064 posts, read 19,366,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Danville, Virginia. It's a better city - Danville, IL is depressed and dying - and it has great outdoor recreation opportunities all around.

Keeping it in Virginia:

Poquoson or Petersburg?
Despite growing up nearby in Norfolk, I've never been to Poquoson. It didn't have a great reputation, though. Petersburg has a poor reputation too, for different reasons. Petersburg does have nicer bones, and a cool warehouse district with beautiful architecture, so I'll pick it.

New Bern, NC or Beaufort, SC?

Old 12-10-2020, 04:11 PM

1,169 posts, read 758,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Despite growing up nearby in Norfolk, I've never been to Poquoson. It didn't have a great reputation, though. Petersburg has a poor reputation too, for different reasons. Petersburg does have nicer bones, and a cool warehouse district with beautiful architecture, so I'll pick it.

New Bern, NC or Beaufort, SC?
Tough one! I love both cities, Beaufort has the antebellum history and atmosphere, great place to visit, New Bern is slightly larger and has better boating and faster access to the Outer Banks. Both have great art culture. Since New Bern would be closer to relatives in the RTP area I'll give it the edge.

Leiper's Fork, TN or Fancy Gap, VA? Both on national parkways...

Old 12-10-2020, 04:44 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,648,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaflyer View Post
Leiper's Fork, TN or Fancy Gap, VA? Both on national parkways...
They are probably both really pretty. I'm going to pick Leiper's Fork because I have good memories of my family car trips on the Natchez Trace every year to go visit Southern relatives.

New Haven, CT or Crawford, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City