Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2022, 01:26 PM

4,787 posts, read 3,088,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Passaic NJ due to proximity to NYC

Leesburg VA or Napa CA?
Being a Californian, I'm inclined to choose a place in CA.
And there's so much beautiful countryside not far from Napa --
the N CA coast and coast ranges. So even though I have no interest in wine,
I'll select Napa.

It wasn't a slam-dunk, though. Leesburg looks like an attractive place to live:
a historic small city near the Potomac River. If I was going to relocate to
the East Coast, I'd have it on my list.

Fort Collins, CO or Santa Fe, NM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 03:44 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,230,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Being a Californian, I'm inclined to choose a place in CA.
And there's so much beautiful countryside not far from Napa --
the N CA coast and coast ranges. So even though I have no interest in wine,
I'll select Napa.

It wasn't a slam-dunk, though. Leesburg looks like an attractive place to live:
a historic small city near the Potomac River. If I was going to relocate to
the East Coast, I'd have it on my list.

Fort Collins, CO or Santa Fe, NM?
This one's a toughie. New Mexico's capital, with its distinctive adobe buildings, or the smallest city in the country with regularly scheduled streetcar service?

I like the Territorial Revival architecture of Santa Fe, and I love Southwestern cuisine in general. These override my fondness for rail transit. Make mine Santa Fe.

Two state capitals I'm very familiar with and would only live in if I had to:

Jefferson City, Mo., or Topeka, Kan.?

Old 03-30-2022, 07:15 PM

212 posts, read 234,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
This one's a toughie. New Mexico's capital, with its distinctive adobe buildings, or the smallest city in the country with regularly scheduled streetcar service?

I like the Territorial Revival architecture of Santa Fe, and I love Southwestern cuisine in general. These override my fondness for rail transit. Make mine Santa Fe.

Two state capitals I'm very familiar with and would only live in if I had to:

Jefferson City, Mo., or Topeka, Kan.?

I’d go with Topeka since it’s bigger and closer to Kansas City.

Miami, FL or Houston, TX ?

Old 03-30-2022, 07:41 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,497,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannFrankenstein View Post
I’d go with Topeka since it’s bigger and closer to Kansas City.

Miami, FL or Houston, TX ?
Miami because it is more unique. I also like that Miami has better night life and activities. Both are flood prone, but Houston is not as attractive.

Santa FE, NM or Dayton, OH?

Old 03-30-2022, 08:48 PM

2,381 posts, read 2,364,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Miami because it is more unique. I also like that Miami has better night life and activities. Both are flood prone, but Houston is not as attractive.

Santa FE, NM or Dayton, OH?
Santa Fe for sure. I’ve always liked Santa Fe for its unique architecture and vibe. Dayton is somewhat unremarkable.

Denver or El Paso?

Old 03-30-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_Expert View Post
Santa Fe for sure. I’ve always liked Santa Fe for its unique architecture and vibe. Dayton is somewhat unremarkable.

Denver or El Paso?
El Paso because my great aunt lives there and I have not seen her since I was a baby. It looks like a nice community and cultural attractions are not as manufactured as Denver.

Clemson, SC or Utica, NY?

Old 03-31-2022, 03:56 AM

2,570 posts, read 2,907,735 times
Quote:
El Paso because my great aunt lives there and I have not seen her since I was a baby. It looks like a nice community and cultural attractions are not as manufactured as Denver.

Clemson, SC or Utica, NY?
Clemson... I'm a fan of college towns and Clemson, while not among my favorites in the south, is a pretty solid option. It's also not too far from the rest of the Greenville metro area. I'd probably consider Utica more in this match-up if the winters weren't so dreary.

Grand Junction, CO or Bend, OR?

Old 04-01-2022, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Clemson... I'm a fan of college towns and Clemson, while not among my favorites in the south, is a pretty solid option. It's also not too far from the rest of the Greenville metro area. I'd probably consider Utica more in this match-up if the winters weren't so dreary.

Grand Junction, CO or Bend, OR?
Bend, OR because it looks neat. I am not a skier, but the scenery and attractions look nice. The cost of living is higher than average with a high unemployment rate, but the community seems to have redeeming qualities, such as tourism, strong healthcare system, restaurants etc.

Little Rock, AR or Omaha, NE?

Old 04-02-2022, 08:18 AM

3,507 posts, read 3,427,860 times
Quote:
Bend, OR because it looks neat. I am not a skier, but the scenery and attractions look nice. The cost of living is higher than average with a high unemployment rate, but the community seems to have redeeming qualities, such as tourism, strong healthcare system, restaurants etc.

Little Rock, AR or Omaha, NE?
Tough one, but I suppose Little Rock. I like the parks I've noticed(including near rivers and on top of hills) in and around Little Rock, and prefer the topography around there vs. Omaha. Also, I suspect more than likely Little Rock would have milder winters too. Nothing against Omaha, since that city also looked nice when I street viewed it.

College towns in the upper Midwest: Mankato, MN, or Eau Claire, WI?

Old 04-03-2022, 11:38 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,253,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Tough one, but I suppose Little Rock. I like the parks I've noticed(including near rivers and on top of hills) in and around Little Rock, and prefer the topography around there vs. Omaha. Also, I suspect more than likely Little Rock would have milder winters too. Nothing against Omaha, since that city also looked nice when I street viewed it.

College towns in the upper Midwest: Mankato, MN, or Eau Claire, WI?
Eau Claire. It's somewhere I've never been there and heard good things about it. St. Cloud MN or St. Cloud FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City