Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2019, 05:01 PM

10,774 posts, read 23,919,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Bringing this post back up because this morning, I read an interview with a Philly rapper who quoted a friend of his who moved here from Brooklyn explaining why he moved here from Brooklyn. (And more New Yorkers take up residence in Philadelphia each year than vice versa.) It's the best summation of the fundamental reason I've heard, and your opening clause gets to it:

"It's like 80 percent of New York at 20 percent of the cost."

Boone, NC, because Colorado Springs.

Amherst, Mass., or State College, Pa.?
Neither of these places are the type of college town I'd want to live in (and I like college towns), but Western Mass is pretty nice so I'll go with Amherst.

Athens, GA or Chapel Hill, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 07:43 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,469,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Neither of these places are the type of college town I'd want to live in (and I like college towns), but Western Mass is pretty nice so I'll go with Amherst.

Athens, GA or Chapel Hill, NC?
Blah, I’d rather not live in a college town, but I’ll go with Athens for its proximity to Atlanta and better access to mountains.

Pittsburgh, PA or Denver, CO?

Old 02-16-2019, 07:46 PM

9,725 posts, read 9,489,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Blah, I’d rather not live in a college town, but I’ll go with Athens for its proximity to Atlanta and better access to mountains.

Pittsburgh, PA or Denver, CO?
Denver is a much nicer city.

Aurora, IL or Parkland, FL?

Old 02-16-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Denver is a much nicer city.

Aurora, IL or Parkland, FL?
Both are a bit further inland than I'd want to be in those areas. I have an aversion to gators and swamp things, and Parkland is on the edge of the Everglades. I'll go with Aurora. Having access to Chicago would be good, I dig that city.

Tucson, AZ or Albuquerque, NM?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:43 PM

9,725 posts, read 9,489,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Both are a bit further inland than I'd want to be in those areas. I have an aversion to gators and swamp things, and Parkland is on the edge of the Everglades. I'll go with Aurora. Having access to Chicago would be good, I dig that city.

Tucson, AZ or Albuquerque, NM?
Albuquerque is a nicer area. I would choose one the Phoenix suburbs if I had to live in AZ.

Lebanon, TN or Anderson, SC?

Old 02-17-2019, 04:53 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,567,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Albuquerque is a nicer area. I would choose one the Phoenix suburbs if I had to live in AZ.

Lebanon, TN or Anderson, SC?
Lebanon. I like it much better as a city than Anderson. But I like the Nashville metro area just slightly better than the Greenville/Spartanburg metro area.

Knoxville, TN or Omaha, NE?

Old 02-17-2019, 05:47 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,469,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Lebanon. I like it much better as a city than Anderson. But I like the Nashville metro area just slightly better than the Greenville/Spartanburg metro area.

Knoxville, TN or Omaha, NE?

Knoxville. It has great hiking with its hills and proximity to the blue ridge mountains, and much closer to home and the East Coast. It is a relatively low natural disaster risk area.

Albuquerque, NM or Cleveland, OH?

Old 02-17-2019, 01:26 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,567,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinteoir View Post
Knoxville. It has great hiking with its hills and proximity to the blue ridge mountains, and much closer to home and the East Coast. It is a relatively low natural disaster risk area.

Albuquerque, NM or Cleveland, OH?
This is actually a tough one for me. I really like both areas. Albuquerque has the much better climate, the outdoor activities I love, better economy, and awesome food. Cleveland has Lake Erie, is bigger, has more overall recreational assets, and closer to more larger metros. I've always had wonderful interactions with people in both places. Uggg.....man. lol. I'll go with Cleveland by a slim margin.

Cincinnati, OH or Pittsburgh, PA?

Old 02-17-2019, 01:39 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,166,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
This is actually a tough one for me. I really like both areas. Albuquerque has the much better climate, the outdoor activities I love, better economy, and awesome food. Cleveland has Lake Erie, is bigger, has more overall recreational assets, and closer to more larger metros. I've always had wonderful interactions with people in both places. Uggg.....man. lol. I'll go with Cleveland by a slim margin.

Cincinnati, OH or Pittsburgh, PA?

Pittsburgh,

I love Cincinnati a lot. No short comings there, but I lived in Pittsburgh and it is an excellent city.

Wheeling WV vs Burlington Vermont

Old 02-17-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Pittsburgh,

I love Cincinnati a lot. No short comings there, but I lived in Pittsburgh and it is an excellent city.

Wheeling WV vs Burlington Vermont
Burlington, VT, because well, I'm moving near there anyway. I love Lake Champlain, vibrant downtown and close to Montreal.

Portland, Maine or Newport, RI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City