Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 10:25 PM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,467,606 times

Advertisements

Milwaukee. Because it feels more like home than Vegas.

Great childhood memories of visiting my aunt who taught kindergarten there.

Reno, Nevada or Atlantic City, NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,906,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post

Reno... I consider AC pretty undesirable. Reno at least has the bearings of a real city.

Salt Lake City, UT or Spokane, WA?

Old 06-20-2019, 11:00 PM

755 posts, read 577,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post

I'm not a big fan of either, but overall I'll go with Reno. If I could work/visit/commute somewhere else for the most part, than I choose AC because of its nearby access to Philly, South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore. If not, and most of my activity has to revolve around the city itself, than I choose Reno because there's less crime, poverty, warmer winters, better growth and employment (this applies to my field also).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Reno... I consider AC pretty undesirable. Reno at least has the bearings of a real city.

Salt Lake City, UT or Spokane, WA?
SLC. Larger metro, more of a larger city atmosphere, combines natural landscape with the city itself, better job scene for my field, more growth, & I like it's demographics better.

Harrisburg, PA or Albany, NY?

Old 06-20-2019, 11:13 PM

14,343 posts, read 9,225,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
I'm not a big fan of either, but overall I'll go with Reno. If I could work/visit/commute somewhere else for the most part, than I choose AC because of its nearby access to Philly, South Jersey, and the Jersey Shore. If not, and most of my activity has to revolve around the city itself, than I choose Reno because there's less crime, poverty, warmer winters, better growth and employment (this applies to my field also).

SLC. Larger metro, more of a larger city atmosphere, combines natural landscape with the city itself, better job scene for my field, more growth, & I like it's demographics better.

Harrisburg, PA or Albany, NY?
Neither of these two state capitals have reputations as exciting places to live, but I'll give the edge to Albany. It's a little bigger, and it's got some things going on in its downtown. I would, however, insist on transplanting Harrisburg's attractive riverfront park from the Susquehanna to the Hudson.

Springfield, Mo., or Springfield, Ill.?

Old 06-20-2019, 11:52 PM

12,239 posts, read 8,160,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Neither of these two state capitals have reputations as exciting places to live, but I'll give the edge to Albany. It's a little bigger, and it's got some things going on in its downtown. I would, however, insist on transplanting Harrisburg's attractive riverfront park from the Susquehanna to the Hudson.

Springfield, Mo., or Springfield, Ill.?
Wow Atlantic City has been shot down 4 times in the past two days on all comparions.. Wow must be pretty bad lol.

But, Springfield Il ... closer to both Chicago and St. Louis, because I would want to be nearer to a cosmopolitan area.

Wellesley Hills MA or Summit NJ?

Old 06-21-2019, 02:09 AM

755 posts, read 577,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Wow Atlantic City has been shot down 4 times in the past two days on all comparions.. Wow must be pretty bad lol.

But, Springfield Il ... closer to both Chicago and St. Louis, because I would want to be nearer to a cosmopolitan area.

Wellesley Hills MA or Summit NJ?
Honestly both seem really nice, I'd honestly live in either.... I guess I'll go with Summit, NJ since I've been there and I haven't bee to Wellesley yet. Like I said though I wouldn't mind living in either city.

Santa Maria, CA or Port St.Lucie, FL?

Old 06-21-2019, 04:38 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,570,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Honestly both seem really nice, I'd honestly live in either.... I guess I'll go with Summit, NJ since I've been there and I haven't bee to Wellesley yet. Like I said though I wouldn't mind living in either city.

Santa Maria, CA or Port St.Lucie, FL?
Port St. Lucie. I really loved Florida when I lived there. More affordable and ocean water was more comfortable.

Champaign, IL or South Bend, IN?

Old 06-21-2019, 05:30 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,204,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Port St. Lucie. I really loved Florida when I lived there. More affordable and ocean water was more comfortable.

Champaign, IL or South Bend, IN?
Tough call. I like the location of South Bend better and the architecture of the campus but I really don't like the idea of living in the oppressive state of IN. Maybe I could live in the outskirts just over the state line in MI. Champaign would be more similar to my home town but that part of Illinois is just sooooo boring. South Bend it is.

Dillon, MT or Jordan, MN?

Old 06-21-2019, 07:37 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,494,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Tough call. I like the location of South Bend better and the architecture of the campus but I really don't like the idea of living in the oppressive state of IN. Maybe I could live in the outskirts just over the state line in MI. Champaign would be more similar to my home town but that part of Illinois is just sooooo boring. South Bend it is.

Dillon, MT or Jordan, MN?
Jordan, MN

Arlington, TX or Smyrna, GA?

Old 06-21-2019, 07:43 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,470,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Jordan, MN

Arlington, TX or Smyrna, GA?

Smyrna. I would much rather live in the Atlanta metro than the DFW metro. Symrna looks like a pleasant and diverse area.

Memphis, TN or Salt Lake City, UT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City