Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 08:39 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,399,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
The fact that LA does not care only makes some more angry.
I only dislike cities for sports teams. I'm guessing people from LA don't like the Celts, Bruins or Red Sox and there is no football team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 08:54 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,794,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_General View Post
I only dislike cities for sports teams. I'm guessing people from LA don't like the Celts, Bruins or Red Sox and there is no football team.
The Dodgers and the Red Sox aren't rivals. The Dodgers and the Giants are.

Old 01-28-2016, 08:55 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,528 times
Quote:
Hate the Celtics so you have that going for you. Couldn't care less about the other teams. I like Boston as a city though.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:15 AM

591 posts, read 820,740 times
The Portland / Seattle rivalry and the SF / LA rivalry are similar.

Seattle and LA don't really care about the other.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:40 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,399,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post

Lets be real, if you're a fan of a team you hate a rival team. To say anything otherwise is a lie.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:30 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post

I think it's a bit overblown how much people "care" about LA in SF. I'll give you that many people in SF don't really like LA that much - but it's not like LA is constantly on the minds of folks in SF.

As someone who lives in the Bay Area, I personally don't love the LA area that much, either. I do have fun when visiting, but I don't see it as a place I'd ever want to live. I mainly dislike how it's built/sprawled out, and how car-dependent it is.

But I certainly wouldn't say I "hate it" - nor do I really think about it very much at all (just like how most people in this world work - we think about the places we're in most).

The LA-SF sports rivalry is very real, and is intense on both sides.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I think it's a bit overblown how much people "care" about LA in SF. I'll give you that many people in SF don't really like LA that much - but it's not like LA is constantly on the minds of folks in SF.

As someone who lives in the Bay Area, I personally don't love the LA area that much, either. I do have fun when visiting, but I don't see it as a place I'd ever want to live. I mainly dislike how it's built/sprawled out, and how car-dependent it is.

But I certainly wouldn't say I "hate it" - nor do I really think about it very much at all (just like how most people in this world work - we think about the places we're in most).

The LA-SF sports rivalry is very real, and is intense on both sides.
And the Bay area isn't?

Old 01-28-2016, 03:38 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,808,825 times
Good one. I'll take a stab:

1. D/FW VS. HOU

2. LA VS. NYC (culturally) / LA VS. Bay Area & NYC VS. BOS for Sports.

3. PDX VS. SEA

4. Chicago Vs. Minneapolis

5. Cincinnati Vs. Cleveland

Old 01-28-2016, 03:39 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,808,825 times
Quote:
Wow I thought LA was conceded but now I know it's true
Nah - LA is a city with a lot of people who just go with the flow and don't give a s***. Only in the "Industry" types are conceded.

For the record, I've met a lot more conceded types from places like the Bay Area, Seattle, Minneapolis - not so much LA or SoCal.

Old 01-28-2016, 07:22 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,010,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
And the Bay area isn't?

LoL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City