Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North East or South East
North 65 59.09%
South 45 40.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 12:29 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
You asked....so tell us.. and??
Throwing up the mega region map doesn't mean much at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2019, 03:44 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
How so?
The majority of the South is Lower/Deep South. VA isn't deep South and Richmond is on or close to the Bay. It ain't Northern but there are certain Mid-Atlantic traits that it has.

Old 09-01-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
The majority of the South is Lower/Deep South. VA isn't deep South and Richmond is on or close to the Bay. It ain't Northern but there are certain Mid-Atlantic traits that it has.
Thanks, but I'm aware of this. There are deep business ties between Richmond and both Atlanta and Charlotte, and it's definitely a big part of the picture that's not being realized. There are some Virginians that seem desperate to align with the NE Corridor, and it's always intrested me.

Old 09-01-2019, 08:30 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,576,265 times
Quote:
This is all nothing more than your extremely narrow and incredibly subjective opinion presented as fact.

You don't get to define what anybody thinks, nor do you get to assign cities to regions. Thankfully, you hardly speak for the general population by any stretch of imagination.
No, but the OP does! Go back to his original post and read it. Here it is in its entireity:
"East coast vs east coast duel. Which has better cities and outdoor scenery including beaches and parks. Which is the east coasts better half."

Clearly he is not including Atlanta and Charlotte.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:42 PM

214 posts, read 427,330 times
Outside of New York City, Philadelphia, and maybe Boston, the Southeast has more populous cities; Charlotte, Jacksonville, Virginia Beach, D.C., Nashville, Memphis, Baltimore, Louisville, Atlanta, etc as well as covering a much larger area, so it's a hard comparison. If I had to choose it would be the Northeast for economic reasons. A more interesting thread would've been the Northwest vs the Southwest.

Old 09-03-2019, 01:25 PM

2,323 posts, read 1,559,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
No, but the OP does! Go back to his original post and read it. Here it is in its entireity:
"East coast vs east coast duel. Which has better cities and outdoor scenery including beaches and parks. Which is the east coasts better half."

Clearly he is not including Atlanta and Charlotte.
I see what you are saying but the thread title is off.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:02 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
Quote:
There are some Virginians that seem desperate to align with the NE Corridor, and it's always intrested me.
That's not what it is, it's just that Virginians are one of the few groups on here that are constantly told by outsiders about what our culture is like. By people with literally very little or no knowledge what the atmosphere is like in The Crescent, by people who think doing a pass thru or two here makes them experts, by people who hold on to the history of the area more than the actual residents...

Some people hear our frustration and say we seem "desperate to align", those people can't conceptualize that the alignments have always been there, lonf before people were talking about places on the web, and you guys lack the intimacy that'd come from actually living here in and amongst the natives...

Old 09-06-2019, 08:48 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
Quote:
oh... I didn't see that you set any parameters with the your inquiry below.

Quote:
How so?

Old 09-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
oh... I didn't see that you set any parameters with the your inquiry below.
And you would be correct. I didn't see you setting any either concerning responses to your post.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:19 AM

3,332 posts, read 3,692,696 times
Quote:
And you would be correct. I didn't see you setting any either concerning responses to your post.
I didn't but I also didn't circle back and say something like the below.

Quote:
None the less, you asked how Richmond was tied to the NE and I provided one example. To me Richmond, VA is still Southern but I see how some folks tie it to the North.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City