Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2023, 07:17 PM

859 posts, read 697,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
This one was hard. I picked Orlando because based on what I could find Orlando had more proposed/under construction than Raleigh. Milwaukee or Columbus?
Milwaukee. The skyline seems a bit newer and I love the character that the lake gives it. Plus, the art museum gives the skyline a distinctive structure.

Two skylines that lie where the desert meets the mountains; Albuquerque or Salt Lake City?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 11:30 AM

3,446 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey the Otter View Post
Milwaukee. The skyline seems a bit newer and I love the character that the lake gives it. Plus, the art museum gives the skyline a distinctive structure.

Two skylines that lie where the desert meets the mountains; Albuquerque or Salt Lake City?
I'm thinking I would pick Salt Lake City, for sure. It has taller buildings, and more new buildings(2 per Wikipedia) are being constructed there or are in the pipeline to be approved(7), vs. Albuquerque.

Fresno, CA, or Stockton, CA?

Old 12-04-2023, 10:13 AM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm thinking I would pick Salt Lake City, for sure. It has taller buildings, and more new buildings(2 per Wikipedia) are being constructed there or are in the pipeline to be approved(7), vs. Albuquerque.

Fresno, CA, or Stockton, CA?
From what I see Fresno's buildings look a little taller. Asheville NC or Winston Salem NC?

Old 12-04-2023, 10:49 AM

10,064 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
From what I see Fresno's buildings look a little taller. Asheville NC or Winston Salem NC?
Winston-Salem. Taller buildings, a few more buildings.

Nashville vs New Orleans?

Old 12-04-2023, 07:01 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,894,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Winston-Salem. Taller buildings, a few more buildings.

Nashville vs New Orleans?
Nashville. I have to say that New Orleans is one of my all time favorite skylines in the under 2 million tier. THAT Is how you do Density. Nice Dense Classic skyline that's just a little bit dated, You Can tell most of those buildings where built in the 70's and 80's maybe early 90's. And With New Orleans Metro Area Now slipping under 1million it may be challenging for New Orleans to build New Towers. Here is Where Nashville comes in, Nice Glassified Skyline, Increasingly Interesting Architecture, Rapidly Densifying (is that a word) and unlike New Orleans, has no problem throwing up New Towers. I like New Orleans but sigh, have to be objective, Nashville.

Grand Rapids, Michigan or Raleigh, North Carolina

Old 12-04-2023, 09:52 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,200,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Nashville. I have to say that New Orleans is one of my all time favorite skylines in the under 2 million tier. THAT Is how you do Density. Nice Dense Classic skyline that's just a little bit dated, You Can tell most of those buildings where built in the 70's and 80's maybe early 90's. And With New Orleans Metro Area Now slipping under 1million it may be challenging for New Orleans to build New Towers. Here is Where Nashville comes in, Nice Glassified Skyline, Increasingly Interesting Architecture, Rapidly Densifying (is that a word) and unlike New Orleans, has no problem throwing up New Towers. I like New Orleans but sigh, have to be objective, Nashville.

Grand Rapids, Michigan or Raleigh, North Carolina
Grand Rapids has more variety in it's architecture. Tucson or Little Rock?

Old 12-05-2023, 07:15 AM

10,064 posts, read 14,439,885 times
Quote:
Grand Rapids has more variety in it's architecture. Tucson or Little Rock?
Little Rock for pure height and number of towers. Tucson for aesthetic overall and background. It's a tough call, but I'll give it to Little Rock.

Albuquerque, NM vs Chattanooga, TN?

Old 12-05-2023, 12:02 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,395,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Little Rock for pure height and number of towers. Tucson for aesthetic overall and background. It's a tough call, but I'll give it to Little Rock.

Albuquerque, NM vs Chattanooga, TN?
Chattanooga based on having more variety. Both cities are due for a makeover.

San Francisco, CA or Miami, FL?

Old 12-05-2023, 03:30 PM

1,733 posts, read 1,894,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Chattanooga based on having more variety. Both cities are due for a makeover.

San Francisco, CA or Miami, FL?
Miami. I might get in trouble for this one, I know San Francisco is a CD Darling, But Miami. I Like How Long it stretches against that turquoise blue water and how New it looks. Sure it's Carbon Copy architecture can't compete against some of San Frans Classics like the Trans America Pyramid and Sales Force tower and San Frans backdrop actually looks better with the Bay, Mountains, and Bridge, but it seems short and compact length wise and doesn't stretch as far as the eye can see like Miami does, which is also the 3rd largest skyline after Chicago and New York, Unpopular opinion lol, but Idk im just more impressed with Miami's.

San Diego or Atlanta

Old 12-05-2023, 07:18 PM

859 posts, read 697,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
San Diego or Atlanta
Atlanta. More variety in buildings and better-looking.

Manchester NH or Bridgeport CT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City