Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2023, 03:29 PM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Milwaukee Wins. More massive and stretches further and longer than Richmond. Long Dense skylines are the Best. Richmond has Incredible Density tho, No Slouch and definitely Upper Tier Amongst Smaller Skylines. Both Have Fine Architecture sprinkled throughout

Tallahassee Florida or Topeka Kansas
Topeka. Tallahassee has a couple of taller buildings but Topeka has less gaps. Green Bay or Duluth MN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2024, 01:49 PM

457 posts, read 348,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Topeka. Tallahassee has a couple of taller buildings but Topeka has less gaps. Green Bay or Duluth MN?
I'll give it to Duluth for at least having a skyline. I'm not sure that Green Bay has any actual buildings to make a "line" from a distance.

Fresno or Tucson?

Old 01-09-2024, 09:15 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landolakes90 View Post
I'll give it to Duluth for at least having a skyline. I'm not sure that Green Bay has any actual buildings to make a "line" from a distance.

Fresno or Tucson?
Tucson Wins!! Taller, Denser, Newer, Architecturalny & Mountain Backdrop. Fresno has fair amount of density for its size but shorter buildings, no stand out architecture

Rochester New York or Albany New York

Old 01-10-2024, 07:15 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Tucson Wins!! Taller, Denser, Newer, Architecturalny & Mountain Backdrop. Fresno has fair amount of density for its size but shorter buildings, no stand out architecture

Rochester New York or Albany New York
Rochester. The city has better architecture and placement of buildings. I like the bridges as well.

Little Rock, AR or Lexington, KY?

Old 01-10-2024, 09:05 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Rochester. The city has better architecture and placement of buildings. I like the bridges as well.

Little Rock, AR or Lexington, KY?
Little Rock--it has several more towers than Lexington, and has great potential to grow. Let's hope it does.

Lexington has a very small skyline, but hopefully it grows too.

Denver vs Minneapolis?

Old 01-10-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Little Rock--it has several more towers than Lexington, and has great potential to grow. Let's hope it does.

Lexington has a very small skyline, but hopefully it grows too.

Denver vs Minneapolis?
I like both but I went with Denver because the mountains look great in the background. Omaha or Tulsa?

Old 01-10-2024, 09:59 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Quote:
I like both but I went with Denver because the mountains look great in the background. Omaha or Tulsa?
Tulsa. Looks More Balanced and Well Put together, Nice color contrasts of the buildings, Dense for its size. Omaha Needs more towers to compete. It's current stock is starting to look dated (70's 80's ish) and Slightly less dense than Tulsa.

St Paul Minnesota, or Hartford Connecticut

Old 01-10-2024, 11:24 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Tulsa. Looks More Balanced and Well Put together, Nice color contrasts of the buildings, Dense for its size. Omaha Needs more towers to compete. It's current stock is starting to look dated (70's 80's ish) and Slightly less dense than Tulsa.

St Paul Minnesota, or Hartford Connecticut
St. Paul due to its architectural mix and tall buildings.

Nashville, TN or Phoenix, AZ?

Old 01-11-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
St. Paul due to its architectural mix and tall buildings.

Nashville, TN or Phoenix, AZ?
I prefer Nashville. More variety in the buildings and better background in my opinion. Dallas or Philadelphia?

Old 01-11-2024, 12:25 PM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
I prefer Nashville. More variety in the buildings and better background in my opinion. Dallas or Philadelphia?
Dallas gets the edge here, for me. Philadelphia has a better urban dense setting though between the two, and has the classic city feel. Dallas has a better skyline aesthetic, though.

Dallas does need a couple of new towers. Would love to see Dallas get another 800 or so footer, and a 1,000 foot tall+ tower. They are overdue.

San Antonio vs Orlando?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City