Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2023, 08:25 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Dallas has improved a lot in the last ten years. Its density has increased, but still not enough to overtake Atlanta. Atlanta is building some impressive towers, and hopefully downtown will start to revitalize. Atlanta wins.

Tampa, FL or Salt Lake City, UT?
Overall I give it to Tampa. It has a lot more character. For SLC if it wasn't for the mountains in the background to compliment it it would probably be a bland skyline.

Cincinnati, OH or Portland, OR?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2023, 08:46 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Overall I give it to Tampa. It has a lot more character. For SLC if it wasn't for the mountains in the background to compliment it it would probably be a bland skyline.

Cincinnati, OH or Portland, OR?
Gonna give this one to Portland, OR. The backdrop makes a huge difference in their skyline. Plus Portland has a good amount of density and height. Cincinnati does too for its size, but Portland's background gives it the edge.

Raleigh, NC vs Little Rock, AR

Old 12-18-2023, 03:17 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Gonna give this one to Portland, OR. The backdrop makes a huge difference in their skyline. Plus Portland has a good amount of density and height. Cincinnati does too for its size, but Portland's background gives it the edge.

Raleigh wins with its crown building and slightly better architecture. It gives Atlanta vibes. I hope to see Raleigh add a lot more towers. Little Rock is nice but needs more density.

Spokane, WA or Columbia, SC?

Old 12-18-2023, 05:09 PM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:

Raleigh. It has some buildings that are taller. Corpus Christi Tx or Bradenton FL?

Old 12-22-2023, 07:34 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,366,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Raleigh. It has some buildings that are taller. Corpus Christi Tx or Bradenton FL?
Corpus Christi, for sure. Since it's buildings stand out more, and Bradenton appears to be less dense.

San Diego, or Honolulu?

Old 12-23-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Corpus Christi, for sure. Since it's buildings stand out more, and Bradenton appears to be less dense.

San Diego, or Honolulu?
Honolulu due to looking more dense and more modern architecture.

Baltimore, MD or Las Vegas, NV?

Old 12-23-2023, 11:49 PM

3,881 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Honolulu due to looking more dense and more modern architecture.

Baltimore, MD or Las Vegas, NV?
Las Vegas. It's unconventional look and it's also adding new buildings.
Spokane WA or Shreveport LA?

Old 12-24-2023, 07:02 AM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Las Vegas. It's unconventional look and it's also adding new buildings.
Spokane WA or Shreveport LA?
Shreveport wins. Fine Details of Architecture, Taller, Moderner, River backdrop

Pittsburgh vs Austin

Old 12-24-2023, 09:24 AM

10,054 posts, read 14,418,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Shreveport wins. Fine Details of Architecture, Taller, Moderner, River backdrop

Pittsburgh vs Austin
I'm still giving the edge to Pittsburgh here. Austin has quite a few more towers and they are sprouting up like weeds. But still, Pittsburgh has a classic, dense, unique skyline that has a fantastic geographic advantage, on a peninsula.

Austin is killin' it though. Pittsburgh is one of my favorite skylines in the US.

Kansas City vs Indianapolis?

Old 12-24-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
I'm still giving the edge to Pittsburgh here. Austin has quite a few more towers and they are sprouting up like weeds. But still, Pittsburgh has a classic, dense, unique skyline that has a fantastic geographic advantage, on a peninsula.

Austin is killin' it though. Pittsburgh is one of my favorite skylines in the US.

Kansas City vs Indianapolis?
At first I was thinking Indianapolis due to taller buildings but I choose Kansas City based on density and having more than just downtown. Kansas City has the Spanish influences I think are neat.

Portland, OR or Las Vegas, NV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City