Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which comes out on top
Atlanta 37 43.53%
Charlotte+ Minny 48 56.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2022, 12:01 AM

48 posts, read 24,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
No way Minneapolis is more diverse than Atlanta. Not now, not nan, not never.
i mean
ATL:Black or African American: 50.95% White: 40.90% Asian:4.2% Hispanic: 6.0%
Minneapolis:White: 58.1% Black or African American: 18.9% Asian:5.8% Hispanic: 10.4%

city wise? nah
metro wise? most def

if yall meant metro wise i understand most definently cuz yea minneapolis hella white with only a few suburbs that is diverse
and atl and charlotte has hella suburbs that have more white people than anything, just my take
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2022, 01:04 AM

19 posts, read 14,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodakb View Post
i mean
ATL:Black or African American: 50.95% White: 40.90% Asian:4.2% Hispanic: 6.0%
Minneapolis:White: 58.1% Black or African American: 18.9% Asian:5.8% Hispanic: 10.4%

city wise? nah
metro wise? most def

if yall meant metro wise i understand most definently cuz yea minneapolis hella white with only a few suburbs that is diverse
and atl and charlotte has hella suburbs that have more white people than anything, just my take
I dont think thats right. Where did you get these numbers from?Can you please give a source?

Old 04-17-2022, 11:41 AM

824 posts, read 711,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Full View Post
I dont think thats right. Where did you get these numbers from?Can you please give a source?
The 2020 census. Saint Paul is also 48% white, 19% Asian, 16% black and almost 10% hispanic. So it’s actually more diverse than Minneapolis.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:34 PM

1,348 posts, read 876,915 times
MSP city limits is more diverse than ATL city limits. ATL just seems black and white American. They're also much more dense with a larger population in a smaller land area, more urban, walkable, bikeable, and you don't have to drive across half the state of Minnesota to enjoy what the twin cities have to offer. Most of the amenities and diversity are in the core city limits and a couple inner ring suburbs.

Last edited by Kaszilla; 04-17-2022 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-17-2022, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Charlotte is a part of the discussion based on the OP's criteria. Reading is your friend.
I included Charlotte in the comment you responded directly to. Seems like reading comprehension isn't your friend.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:44 PM

9,679 posts, read 9,378,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaszilla View Post
I included Charlotte in the comment you responded directly to. Seems like reading comprehension isn't your friend.
Nope. You completely ignored the fact that Charlotte has lower crime than Minneapolis while you were "feeling yourself" talking about Atlanta being dangerous.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Nope. You completely ignored the fact that Charlotte has lower crime than Minneapolis while you were "feeling yourself" talking about Atlanta being dangerous.
Umm..Charlotte and Mpls are on the same team here. Why would I pit Mpls against Charlotte? And like I said Mpls+Charlotte is less crime than ATL.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:30 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodakb View Post
i aint talking about metros, im talking about city wise i aint know the whole metro was atl
I don’t really care. This is CD. Y’all should already know we don’t use city limit data to compare populations. Atlanta is more diverse, this is not an argument either. MSP is 75% white.

Old 04-17-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I don’t really care. This is CD. Y’all should already know we don’t use city limit data to compare populations. Atlanta is more diverse, this is not an argument either. MSP is 75% white.
Well that's to be expected. Georgia is in the Deep South and has a high black population throughout the state. The twin cities don't function the same way ATL does. The suburbs and towns 30 mins from the city aren't considered the same as the city the way ATL is. St. Louis and Buffalo are also among the whitest metros but who actually considers those to be white cities?

Last edited by Kaszilla; 04-17-2022 at 03:16 PM..

Old 04-17-2022, 05:36 PM

48 posts, read 24,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
metro wise hell yea, but city wise nah u gotta know a high black population dont mean its diverse, and plus yall shoulda put metros if u know mfs use that instead of city limits in the title so u mfs dont start getting heated when sb tb city limits being diverse, but yall could have it ion really care tbh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City