Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2022, 12:33 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times

Advertisements

Maybe I should have said nicer. I heard before the renovations that the place was a dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Arrowhead Stadium has no roof either.
Forgot about that. I think Miami does though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 05:49 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Maybe I should have said nicer. I heard before the renovations that the place was a dump.

Forgot about that. I think Miami does though.
Miami is partially closed in, they have an overhang over the seats, but playing the field is open to the elements. Perhaps in some situation like Kansas City, maybe they will have evening games, or games earlier in the day.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:21 AM

2,545 posts, read 3,295,244 times
Much as I am excited about the WC coming back to the US and showcasing America's beautiful new stadiums and growing passion for the game, sadly with the expansion of the tournament and changing of the format FIFA is destroying the World Cup. With the addition of 16 more teams for the 2026 WC edition, they are giving almost all of the new spots to the lowest ranking confederations. Asia and Africa -- having 1 team in the current top 20 of FIFA's world rankings and 1 semifinal appearance in the history of the World Cup (South Korea in 2002 on its home turf and not without controversy) -- will now have more teams represented in the WC than Europe (13 teams in FIFA's current top 20)! It's utter nonsense in the pursuit of FIFA's money hungry "expansion of the global reach of the game" and will degrade the quality of the WC beyond all recognition. To make matters worse, 2 teams out of each 3-team group will qualify to the knock-out rounds, so the first 48 group stage games will essentially be a bunch of crappy teams playing against each other to get rid of the worst ones that should never be there in the first place. Forget about any "groups of death" and get ready to see a lot of blow-outs or Honduras-Uzbekistan type of match-ups in this WC. We probably won't see any decent matches until like week 3. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Old 06-19-2022, 09:17 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Miami is partially closed in, they have an overhang over the seats, but playing the field is open to the elements. Perhaps in some situation like Kansas City, maybe they will have evening games, or games earlier in the day.
Yeah the roof thing even in Europe is mostly for the fans. The players still have to play in the elements as well so in a sense, Miami stadium would remind Europeans of their stadiums in that sense though heat is still an issue. Dallas could open the roof as well but the fans will still be protected by elements outside of heat.

Old 06-19-2022, 10:46 AM

24,556 posts, read 18,239,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Yeah the roof thing even in Europe is mostly for the fans. The players still have to play in the elements as well so in a sense, Miami stadium would remind Europeans of their stadiums in that sense though heat is still an issue. Dallas could open the roof as well but the fans will still be protected by elements outside of heat.
Tough to have turf in a domed stadium.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:01 PM

9,862 posts, read 6,574,356 times
I wonder what major construction project will the host cities undergo to support the World Cup

Old 07-06-2022, 04:37 PM

6,806 posts, read 6,031,870 times
Boston needs to oomph up the commuter rail service between the city and Foxboro.

Old 07-06-2022, 04:45 PM

8,856 posts, read 6,851,017 times
Any big project will need to be in play already, or pretty soon. I suspect they mostly considered what's existing or under construction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City