Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 12:47 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Oh come on. They "merged" but we all know that was not an honestly viable bid once that happened.
I was actually pretty excited for the DC/BAL bid. We plan to make a big family vacation around the 2026 WC and that would have been perfect. But since they didn't get selected we may try and do a game in both DAL and HOU since we have family in Austin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 02:35 PM

1,631 posts, read 2,385,526 times
Kansas. Isn't just where Dorthy is from.its now a World Stanny Cup host city. CONGRATS. To all the winners

Old 06-17-2022, 04:16 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Atlanta is the world headquarters of CNN, they have a huge complex in downtown Atlanta. Being the media center will be easy for them to accommodate.
Isn't CNN still owned by AT&T? It's my understanding that they've sold the downtown Atlanta building to an out of state buyer and most CNN operations moved North to NYC/DC.

Old 06-17-2022, 04:19 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Isn't CNN still owned by AT&T? It's my understanding that they've sold the downtown Atlanta building to an out of state buyer and most CNN operations moved North to NYC/DC.
The only problem with this reasoning is that Fox Sports is the official network of the 2026 games and will use their own facilities (NYC and LA)….Telemundo (Comcast) has the Spanish broadcast rights.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:26 PM

9,861 posts, read 6,574,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Not anymore. They spun off their media assets a couple of months ago and merged that division with Discover. The TimeWarner deal put AT&T in too much debt.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:27 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
DC did not drop out. They combined there bid with Baltimore and still did not get selected. Very unfortunate.
They did and they didn't. They initially had Fed Ex Field for DC but even DC officials dropped Fed Ex Field because they knew it was a waste of time so they just combined with Baltimore in hopes of it being a representation of the entire region.

Old 06-17-2022, 05:28 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Yahoo sports say the two stadiums in the running for the final is Met Life and At&t according to their sources.

Their sources also state that DC didn't make it because of the stadium and they did not like the joint bid. Their sources said a last minute decision was made in favor of KC and Boston with a little coaxing from Robert Kraft.
I'm thinking the final will be played at Metlife but if somehow Jerry gets the final, I don't think you will wipe the smile from his face.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:03 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,648,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I'm thinking the final will be played at Metlife but if somehow Jerry gets the final, I don't think you will wipe the smile from his face.
I read that he is hard working at having it at AT&T Stadium, that's his pride and joy.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:11 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,022,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
“ AT&T Stadium faces many of the same issues around pitch size as Kroenke’s project in California. But Cowboys owner Jerry Jones earned plenty of credit with organizers by promising to spend whatever was necessary to comply with FIFA’s requests.”

Would love it if AT&T gets the Final! Would be a huge win for Texas!

Old 06-17-2022, 07:37 PM

3,525 posts, read 2,317,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Yahoo sports say the two stadiums in the running for the final is Met Life and At&t according to their sources.

Their sources also state that DC didn't make it because of the stadium and they did not like the joint bid. Their sources said a last minute decision was made in favor of KC and Boston with a little coaxing from Robert Kraft.
FIFA asked DC & Baltimore to join bids, it wasn't just something random that fell out of the sky so that's silly.

Most analyst agree that KC & Boston got picked over the DC/Baltimore bid because of both cities have very deep connections to MLS/FIFA respectively, not because their bids were better logistically or from a fan experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City