Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 06:52 AM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times

Advertisements

Virginia vs North Carolina
Pennsylvania vs Virginia
Pennsylvania vs North Carolina
Pennsylvania vs Arizona
Arizona vs Utah
Florida vs Utah Very tough choice
North Carolina vs Utah
Virginia vs Utah
Colorado vs North Carolina
Florida vs Virginia
Florida vs North Carolina
Florida vs Pennsylvania
Massachusetts vs Washington
Minnesota vs Georgia
Colorado vs Utah
Michigan vs Virginia
Maine vs North Carolina
Maine vs Florida

Had to really think on most of these.
Surprised about NY winning it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2022, 06:19 AM

3,444 posts, read 3,368,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Maine came in 5th place. Not necessarily the fifth greatest number of votes. The places within the Rounds were decided based on vote differences in all previous rounds, as well as the opponents each state came against and how well the opponents did. All of that was taken into consideration and factored out.

I must say that I agree 100% and was extremely surprised by Maine's performances. First of all, I was shocked that Maine beat Texas. After that, I expected Maine to do well, but I was bummed that it knocked out Utah. Not too surprising, but I was hoping Utah would win that. Maine was definitely the dark horse and the surprise this tournament for sure.

I also must admit that I was a little surprised by how well Virginia did, and that North Carolina beat Arizona. I really thought Arizona would've beaten North Carolina. Looking at last tournament results, Massachusetts did quite a bit better than Virginia and was surprised how easily Virginia knocked out MA.

The other thing to note is that Florida never had it easy and that kind of surprised me. I find it interesting that Florida just barely beat Tennessee and Michigan. Those were a lot closer than I expected.
Wow, Florida managed to beat out Tennessee AND Michigan? If I had remembered to vote in earlier rounds(sigh that I discovered this thread too late, and not till the finals), I would've voted for both Tennessee and Michigan over Florida, but that's just me. You never know how these state vs. state polling matchups will go, till you do them of course.

Old 08-24-2022, 11:43 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,281,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Maine came in 5th place. Not necessarily the fifth greatest number of votes. The places within the Rounds were decided based on vote differences in all previous rounds, as well as the opponents each state came against and how well the opponents did. All of that was taken into consideration and factored out.

I must say that I agree 100% and was extremely surprised by Maine's performances. First of all, I was shocked that Maine beat Texas. After that, I expected Maine to do well, but I was bummed that it knocked out Utah. Not too surprising, but I was hoping Utah would win that. Maine was definitely the dark horse and the surprise this tournament for sure.

I also must admit that I was a little surprised by how well Virginia did, and that North Carolina beat Arizona. I really thought Arizona would've beaten North Carolina. Looking at last tournament results, Massachusetts did quite a bit better than Virginia and was surprised how easily Virginia knocked out MA.

The other thing to note is that Florida never had it easy and that kind of surprised me. I find it interesting that Florida just barely beat Tennessee and Michigan. Those were a lot closer than I expected.
For me, Maine was like a Cinderella team in the NCAA Tournament.

I was feeling invested in this tournament until Maine lost. After they lost, my interest evaporated. Oh, a battle of well predicted heavyweights at the end? Sorry, don't care.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:05 AM

14,155 posts, read 9,047,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
For me, Maine was like a Cinderella team in the NCAA Tournament.

I was feeling invested in this tournament until Maine lost. After they lost, my interest evaporated. Oh, a battle of well predicted heavyweights at the end? Sorry, don't care.
Surely you know that the Cinderella team rarely takes the top prize, but like you, I was rooting for Maine all the way. Things like that make this tournament interesting.

Counting the days until the next tournament in 2024.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City