Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2022, 11:37 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,889,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Round 1

Deadline: Wednesday July 6th at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST

Remember you are more than welcome to comment on any fixture after voting, and say why if you want. Also making comments on other peoples votes is not only allowed but very welcome if you have something to say.

Note: California, Florida, Texas, New York, Colorado, Michigan, Hawaii, Oregon, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Arizona, Utah, and South Carolina will all start in Round 2. Sorry for this if it bothers you, but to keep the Bracket with Even Numbers, we must do this.

Illinois vs North Dakota

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Louisiana vs West Virginia

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Washington vs New Hampshire

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

Wisconsin vs South Dakota

So there we have it. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY TO VOTE???
Some of These Are So Obvious

Illinois vs North Dakota, REALLY?

Virginia vs Mississippi, How is This even a Comparison

Georgia vs Kansas, I didn't read the entire opening statement, MAYBE There's A Reason these are so Easy somewhere in there

Alaska vs Missouri Cause Alaska it too cold and isolated

Minnesota vs Kentucky, Minneapolis seems Awesome

Louisiana vs West Virginia, Love Me Some New Orleans, Food and The Swamps

Nevada vs Rhode Island, Love Me Some Las Vegas and the Desert, Could do without All that Heat tho

New Mexico vs Alabama, Hmm Finally A Real One. Santa Fe seems cool and interests me, I Wanna go someday. New Mexico's Landscape is Postcard Worthy. Alabama bristles with interesting cities and more choices of cities and has a coast..Hmm I Would Like to explore New Mexico more

Montana vs Nebraska, It's the Landscapes for Me and the National Park

Connecticut vs Arkansas, Don't find Arkansas that Interesting to me, And I've Already been to Little Rock and Hot Springs. NorthWest Arkansas seems up and coming. But Connecticut seems more interesting, Nicer Mix of Cities and I Like it's Location more between Boston and NYC

New Jersey vs Wyoming, it's the suburbs of NYC and Philly for me, And Jersey Shore and Newark Airport, Easy way to fly to the Big Apple

Washington vs New Hampshire, Washington Easily,
It's the Landscapes, Seattle for me

Iowa vs Indiana, Hmm You Got me, this is hard Des Moines seems cool but Indianapolis is a bigger city. Indiana's Second Tier Cities Come into play too, Outside of Des Moines not sure I'd be interested in Iowa, Maybe Quad Cities? Des Moines seems more fun But Indianapolis Downtown seems pretty Cool. Indiana has a better location. Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville or
Edit: Just Googled Iowa, seems it has more too it, Davenport, Sioux City, Quad Cities, Council Bluffs, Cedar Rapids, and also a Theme Park so Iowa

Ohio vs Idaho, Lake Erie, The Three C's and Akron Dayton and Toledo, Cincinnati and Columbus seem up and coming and I wouldn't be against Visiting Cleveland , seems like a cool weekend trip despite the flak it gets sometimes
Plus Cedar Point Roller Coaster Park, I Do Like Boise's and Idaho's Natural Environment tho

Maryland vs Vermont, More To see and Do, Likes it Location and Weather more

Tennessee vs Delaware, Gotta go with The Home State On This One, Lol I'm being Bias , But Objectively Tn trumps Deleware as far Cities Scenery etc, Most of what Deleware offers can be found in other states

Maine vs Oklahoma, Maine's Coastline

Wisconsin vs South Dakota, Besides Mt Rushmore Wisconsin commands my attention way more, Milwaukee, Door County, Lake Michigan, Green Bay etc

So there we have it. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY TO VOTE???[/quote]

Last edited by BlueRedTide; 07-01-2022 at 12:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2022, 11:54 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times
[U]Illinois[/U] vs North Dakota

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

[U]Wisconsin[/U] vs South Dakota

Old 06-30-2022, 11:55 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,094,782 times

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

[B]Wisconsin[/B] vs South Dakota

Old 07-01-2022, 07:05 AM

2,164 posts, read 1,636,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

[B]Wisconsin[/B] vs South Dakota
You didn't vote twice on purpose, did you? Just letting you know, I am only counting one of your votes (they are both the same).

Guys, do not even think about trying to vote multiple times. I keep records of all users that are voting!

Old 07-01-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Some of These Are So Obvious

Illinois vs North Dakota, REALLY?

Virginia vs Mississippi, How is This even a Comparison

Georgia vs Kansas, I didn't read the entire opening statement, MAYBE There's A Reason these are so Easy somewhere in there
Well, the States were seeded based on performance in last tournament, so you'd expect the first round to be a little easy. Not all of them are clear cut though.

Old 07-01-2022, 03:20 PM

OK, I have just gotten in touch with all the participants from the last tournament that happened two years ago, and hope I'll see most if not all of them return and participate again! We need as many voters as possible. In fact, please go and advertise this in your own state's forum as well! Drag voters from every state to come and participate!

Old 07-01-2022, 03:52 PM

841 posts, read 825,345 times
Quote:
Round 1

Deadline: Wednesday July 6th at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST

Remember you are more than welcome to comment on any fixture after voting, and say why if you want. Also making comments on other peoples votes is not only allowed but very welcome if you have something to say.

Note: California, Florida, Texas, New York, Colorado, Michigan, Hawaii, Oregon, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Arizona, Utah, and South Carolina will all start in Round 2. Sorry for this if it bothers you, but to keep the Bracket with Even Numbers, we must do this.

Illinois vs North Dakota

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

So there we have it. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. WHO IS EXCITED AND READY TO VOTE???

Old 07-01-2022, 04:23 PM

1,124 posts, read 924,965 times
Illinois vs North Dakota: Chicago does it for me on this one. And then you have the beauty of Lake Michigan as well.

Virginia vs Mississippi: I love me some NoVA. And it’s so close to so many other beautiful and fun places.

Georgia vs Kansas: Georgia gets it not really because of Atlanta, but because of Savannah. It’s so pristine and natural. And the architecture and the history are all there. Just a fun spot all around.

Alaska vs Missouri: Denali is for sure up there on my list of places I wanna see.

Minnesota vs Kentucky: Tbh, not much really intrigues me about either, and at least Minnesota has the twin cities.

Louisiana vs West Virginia: WV has some of the prettiest mountains and rivers I’ve ever laid eyes on. It really is gods country up there.

Nevada vs Rhode Island: Again, neither really stick out to me, but other than Las Vegas, what’s Nevada really got? I drive for an hour and still in the middle of nowhere in the desert (no offense to anyone).

New Mexico vs Alabama: I really liked Birmingham, it reminds me a lot of my hometown on a slightly larger scale.

Montana vs Nebraska: My mothers been to Montana and swears by it’s beauty. And all I can think of for Nebraska is… corn?

Connecticut vs Arkansas: Have a friend from New London and I just love it’s cosmopolitan feel. No matter where you go Connecticut just makes you feel like you’re somewhere.

New Jersey vs Wyoming: Isn’t the cake boss and Atlantic City enough of a reason?

Washington vs New Hampshire: Seattle and Mt. Rainer have been high up on my list since I was a child even. I really wanna experience the tall evergreens in the dead of winter with snow all around. It really sounds like a fairytale to me.

Iowa vs Indiana: Hawkins didn’t deserve what happened to it.

Ohio vs Idaho: No particular reason on this one as well, but props to Idaho for some delicious potatoes.

Maryland vs Vermont: Maryland I admit has some of the worst roads I have ever driven on in my life, and I cannot stand the Baltimore accent. But it’s close to D.C. which is a city hopefully one day I can call home.

Tennessee vs Delaware: This one! This is the one. Whether it was childhood trips to Gatlinburg, spending time in the Tri-Cities, the Bush’s Baked Beans factory, or just that it produced the goddess Dolly Parton, idk what it is but I feel like TN could take the cake.

Maine vs Oklahoma: Lobster or tornadoes? I’ll take the former.

Wisconsin vs South Dakota: Moms from there and who doesn’t love cheese? Oh, and Madison is one of the most beautiful state capitals ever.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:41 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,099 times
Quote:
OK, I have just gotten in touch with all the participants from the last tournament that happened two years ago, and hope I'll see most if not all of them return and participate again! We need as many voters as possible. In fact, please go and advertise this in your own state's forum as well! Drag voters from every state to come and participate!
I gave it a few shout outs.

Old 07-01-2022, 04:44 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,391,257 times
ILLINOIS vs North Dakota

VIRGINIA vs Mississippi

Georgia vs Kansas

Alaskavs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticutvs Arkansas

New Jerseyvs Wyoming

Washingtonvs New Hampshire

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohiovs Idaho

Marylandvs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City