Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2022, 06:15 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times

Advertisements

Round 2 Procedures

Hey All, so I hope all of you are looking forward to Round 2, and I am about to do the draw, but before that, I must explain to all of you the procedures on how the draw is going to work.

All the 14 States that have gotten a bye will be seeded for Round 2, plus the two states that won this round with the largest vote difference. Meaning, the number of votes the State got minus the number of votes that were given against the State to the losing State. The rest of the States that won this round will NOT be seeded.

Here are the Seeded and Unseeded towns for Round 2.

Seeded States
Arizona
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
North Carolina
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Texas
Utah
Virginia

Unseeded States
Alaska
Connecticut
Illinois
Iowa
Louisiana
Maine
Minnesota
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
Ohio
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Vermont
Washington
Wisconsin

So there we have the procedures, and I am about to do the draw for Round 2. Who is excited and ready?

P.S. The draw for Round 2 will take me some time, likely 20-30 min. I promise to have the Round 2 fixtures posted on here as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2022, 06:43 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times
Round 2:

Deadline: Wednesday July 13th at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST

Remember, anyone can jump in and vote at anytime. New Voters are always welcome to join in and vote, even if they did not participate in Round 1. We always want as many Voters and Participants as Possible!!!

North Carolina vs Vermont

Connecticut vs Georgia

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

Minnesota vs South Carolina

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

California vs Rhode Island

Colorado vs New Mexico

Illinois vs Massachusetts

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 2!!!!

Old 07-06-2022, 07:07 PM

795 posts, read 482,406 times
North Carolina vs Vermont. Vermont is really pretty in the fall.

Connecticut vs Georgia. This one is tough for me. Georgia would get my vote against other states, but I have some nice memories of Connecticut.

Virginia vs Washington. No contest, Virginia is a lovely place!

Florida vs Tennessee. This one was tough. Tennessee is pretty cool, but I love Florida. I have lots of amazing memories of vacations there.

Hawaii vs Montana. What I would give to even visit Hawaii.

Michigan vs Wisconsin. Toss up. But Wisconsin is cheese state, which is cool!

Minnesota vs South Carolina. Warm weather and nice beaches beat cold weather any day in my opinion.

New Jersey vs New York. New York City and Albany were fun visits. But even better were Fort Ticonderoga and Lake George!

Iowa vs Utah. Iowa seems quiet, I like that.

Louisiana vs Oregon. New Orleans beats Portland. I love Louisiana's location.

Maine vs Texas. Texas would get my vote against many other states, but it's up against Maine and I have many wonderful memories of Vacationland. Maine wins for me.

Arizona vs Ohio. The southwest in my mind is Arizona and I love the Old West history.

Alaska vs Pennsylvania. Both are beautiful, but Pennsylvania is a favorite of mine!!

California vs Rhode Island. Toss up, but I find California a bit overrated.

Colorado vs New Mexico. Toss up really, but sad New Mexico beat Alabama so go Colorado! Lol.

Illinois vs Massachusetts. Things aren't perfect here, but I like a lot of things about Massachusetts: history, architecture, Boston, 4 seasons (but not a big fan of winter), close proximity to all the New England states and New York, etc.

Old 07-06-2022, 07:38 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,862,321 times
North Carolina vs Vermont - larger, more significant, more diverse, and I'm an even bigger fan of its natural beauty.

Connecticut vs Georgia - North Georgia is the difference maker in this match-up for me, particularly the Atlanta metro and prettier natural areas.

Virginia vs Washington - I feel like outside of the Seattle metro Washington is overrated. Virginia has NOVA, Richmond, Hampton Roads, and a good chunk of Appalachia not to mention some other nice towns.

Florida vs Tennessee - Miami, Orlando, Tampa, the Everglades, the beaches... Florida overpowers here for me.

Hawaii vs Montana - Hawaii has world class beauty and beaches. Montana isn't really exceptional in any way.

Michigan vs Wisconsin - Close one between two upper midwest neighbors but the Detroit metro and more significant smaller cities edges this one in Michigan's favor for me.

Minnesota vs South Carolina - The Twin Cities and statewide lakes edge this one to MN even though I'm not a fan of the weather.

New Jersey vs New York - easy choice for me, NY overpowers it's neighbor.

Iowa vs Utah - The SLC metro is the most prominent between these two states and Utah is much more naturally beautiful.

Louisiana vs Oregon - Not a fan of LA outside of New Orleans, Oregon wins for its natural beauty and higher quality of life.

Maine vs Texas - Texas overpowers Maine off its large cities/metros alone.

Arizona vs Ohio - Voting against my childhood home state because Arizona is much more geographically diverse/beautiful and people actually want to move there.

Alaska vs Pennsylvania - PA has a great mixture of urban areas with lots of natural beauty in between.

California vs Rhode Island - Like the TX/ME match-up, CA overpowers RI with its cities and it's wealth of natural beauty as well.

Colorado vs New Mexico - Two very beautiful states but Colorado edges this one with its mountains and much more popular/faster growing I-25 corridor.

Illinois vs Massachusetts - Probably the toughest one for me of this round, but I find Illinois a bit bleh outside of Chicagoland, while MA offers a little bit more outside of Boston.

Old 07-06-2022, 08:08 PM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Wow! I'm really surprised Missouri got trounced by Alaska of all places!

Do that many people find the extremes of Alaska more appealing than the eminently livable and All-American suburbs and small towns of Missouri? Crazy!

Old 07-06-2022, 08:11 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,096,281 times

Connecticut vs Georgia

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Old 07-06-2022, 09:53 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,846,281 times
North Carolina vs Vermont- It is what it is

Connecticut vs Georgia- A generation of Braves games made this a no-brainer to me

Virginia vs Washington- Seattle is just a cool city to explore

Florida vs Tennessee- Disney kid always

Hawaii vs Montana- Kauai is one of the most intensely moving places I’ve ever visited. Spectacular.

Michigan vs Wisconsin- Coin flip

Minnesota vs South Carolina- Charleston city and beaches are my happy place

New Jersey vs New York - City trumps suburbs in this case

Iowa vs Utah- Zion ftw

Louisiana vs Oregon- Jordan’s shot, Webber’s timeout, K’s Last Stand- Never forget

Maine vs Texas- My first trip in an airplane took 4 year old me to the Ft. Worth Stockyards and the Dallas Zoo

Arizona vs Ohio- Grand Canyon

Alaska vs Pennsylvania- Gettysburg was surprising in how it impacted me.

Californiavs Rhode Island- I could retire happily in Carmel.

Colorado vs New Mexico- My son made us watch the 90s show Roswell a couple years back during the pandemic. It was silly and dumb but also a lot of fun to watch with him.

Illinois vs Massachusetts- John Hughes made Chicago seem like I grew up there.

Old 07-06-2022, 09:55 PM

4,159 posts, read 2,846,281 times
But also, do we know the seeds or no?

Old 07-06-2022, 10:03 PM

1,320 posts, read 866,324 times
North Carolina vs Vermont - Vermont seems really nice.

Connecticut vs Georgia - Savannah and northern part of Georgia is what wins it for me.

Virginia vs Washington - So much to explore in Washington.

Florida vs Tennessee - The mountains in Tennessee are very pretty.

Hawaii vs Montana - Hawaii is paradise.

Michigan vs Wisconsin - Love the UP and northern Michigan.

Minnesota vs South Carolina - Don't care for South Carolina

New Jersey vs New York - This one's easy. New York would win even without the beast that is NYC.

Iowa vs Utah - Utah is so beautiful.

Louisiana vs Oregon - Oregon for its natural beauty and livability

Maine vs Texas - Don't care for Texas at all.

Arizona vs Ohio - I've lived in both, but I gotta go for my home state.

Alaska vs Pennsylvania - Love Pittsburgh. Philly seems cool too.

California vs Rhode Island - California just has so much more.

Colorado vs New Mexico - New Mexico has its charms, but Colorado wins this for sure.

Illinois vs Massachusetts - Close. I prefer Chicago to Boston but I like the rest of MA better than the rest of IL.

Old 07-06-2022, 10:14 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,607 times

Connecticut vs Georgia.... CT has my heart.

Virginia vs Washington .... Blue Ridge; Skyline; Salem; the coast....Wahington is beautiful but VA edges it just a bit.

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

New Jersey vs New York ... this was tough. If you end up with a tiebreaker, I could be swayed.

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City