Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2022, 10:00 AM

10,060 posts, read 14,425,999 times

Advertisements

North Carolina vs Vermont: NC has the coast, the stunning eastern peaks and the big growing cities in between. Vermont is gorgeous, but too rural for my taste and too cold in winter.

Connecticut vs Georgia: Both states have a place in my heart--I've lived in each for several year's time. Connecticut edges Georgia for me though. I love the quaint shoreline, and the friendly people, and gorgeous small towns.

Virginia vs Washington: Virginia is a beautiful state. Washington is as well, but I don't know it as much as I do Virginia. The DC metro area is super livable and the coast is nice too.

Florida vs Tennessee: Gotta pick Tennessee here. The stunning geography of Tennessee makes it one of the most beautiful states in the country. I love Florida's beaches, but the state is too swampy and too flat outside of the beaches. Tennessee also has 4 very distinct, fun and enjoyable cities. I do love Miami, but I don't care for Tampa, Orlando or Jacksonville.

Hawaii vs Montana: Hawaii wins for me. It is paradise--a stunning state. I'd love to move here to retire in the future.

Michigan vs Wisconsin: I'm picking Michigan due to Detroit. I love the Detroit area and root for the city. Michigan's geography is under-rated.

Minnesota vs South Carolina: Minnesota edges SC for me, due to Minneapolis-St Paul. SC has nothing to compete in that area.

New Jersey vs New York: no contest here! New York all the way. I do like Jersey, but NY has NYC, and Jersey cannot compete.

Iowa vs Utah: The geography and national parks of Utah are absolutely breathtaking. Iowa is pretty but flat and/or rolling farmland mostly.

Louisiana vs Oregon: I prefer Oregon due to the coastline and Portland. Louisiana has New Orleans, but I don't like the rest of the state.

Maine vs Texas: Tougher for me than it should've been. I hate Texas politics but the cities are much nicer and larger than Maine's smaller cities and towns. Maine's coastline beats Texas though.

Arizona vs Ohio: Arizona is gorgeous, geographically. The Grand Canyon, Sedona, Painted Desert, Saguaro National Forest, plus Tucson and Phoenix. Ohio pales in comparison.

Alaska vs Pennsylvania: PA wins this match-up. It has Pittsburgh which I love, and Philly, which is cool. Alaska geographically is amazing, but Anchorage is not a great city. Some bright spots, but I don't love it.

California vs Rhode Island: California is the most beautiful state in the country. Add in the cities, and it's no contest. Rhode Island is amazing, but can't compete with Cali.

Colorado vs New Mexico: Picking Colorado due to Denver, one of my favorite cities. Plus Colorado's majestic rockies!!

Illinois vs Massachusetts: Massachusetts due to the coastline and Provincetown/Cape Cod seashore. Love Boston, too. Chicago is amazing too, but not a fave like Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2022, 10:24 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,636,251 times
WOW, Maine vs Texas and Florida vs Tennessee are fighting extremely tough matchups at the moment. These fixtures could very well go down to the WIRE!!!

Old 07-07-2022, 01:10 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,599,549 times
North Carolina vs Vermont Blue!

Connecticut vs Georgia Blue, and even though there's fancypants nyc commuters, parts are pretty

Virginia vs Washington Less overpopulated

Florida vs Tennessee I hate heat

Hawaii vs Montana Got tired of driving through MT on my way to and from visiting family

Michigan vs Wisconsin Less spoiled

Minnesota vs South Carolina Blue!

New Jersey vs New York NJ is the armpit of the universe

Iowa vs Utah SLC was a fun place to live but it's too polluted. Iowa is more consistent.

Louisiana vs Oregon Blue

Maine vs Texas Blue

Arizona vs Ohio NO VOTE don't care

Alaska vs Pennsylvania more exciting

California vs Rhode Island NO VOTE don't care

Colorado vs New Mexico Kind of similar but don't like the urban sprawl around Denver

Illinois vs Massachusetts NO VOTE don't care

Old 07-07-2022, 01:49 PM

1,846 posts, read 831,483 times
North Carolina vs Vermont Both have natural beauty, but Vermont feels more laid back and open.

Connecticut vs Georgia Don't know a lot about Connecticut, but plenty of people speak great of Georgia.

Virginia vs Washington Washington has more of my kind of weather and is nice once you get away from the main cities.

Florida vs Tennessee Difficult one. The coastline just barely gets Florida the win.

Hawaii vs Montana Easy one, yeah not a fan of Hawaii's weather, city landscapes and cost of living.

Michigan vs Wisconsin Pretty equal with neither one having any real selling points for me. Honestly the Wisconsin people I've meet seem nicer then the Michiganders.

Minnesota vs South Carolina Been to Minnesota in the winter lots of times. Wouldn't recommend it. South Carolina also has some nice coastline just humid.

New Jersey vs New York Very tough one. Both are high rankers for me. Dang, IDK.

Iowa vs Utah Landscape wins this one for Utah.

Louisiana vs Oregon Not a fan of Louisiana. Not a fan of Oregon either but its still better then Louisiana

Maine vs Texas Enjoy the cold, but Maine gets very cold for quiet a long time. The Maine coastline is definitely better then Texas's.

Arizona vs Ohio Didn't care for Ohio.

Alaska vs Pennsylvania Difficult one. The isolation from other major cities along with the high cost of living are Alaska's downfall.

California vs Rhode Island Have a good feeling that California is gonna win this, but Rhode Island has some great smaller towns.

Colorado vs New Mexico IDK both are top 5 states on my list, but Colorado has more to offer while New Mexico's northern region is the only reason that's close.

Illinois vs Massachusetts Never been or heard anything about Massachusetts.

Last edited by TheProtege; 07-07-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 07-07-2022, 07:38 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,974,506 times
North Carolina vs Vermont

Connecticut vs Georgia

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

Minnesota vs South Carolina

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

California vs Rhode Island

Colorado vs New Mexico

Illinois vs Massachusetts

Old 07-07-2022, 07:52 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,281,879 times

Connecticut vs Georgia - On paper it’s really Georgia, but I’d much rather live in CT personally.

Virginia vs Washington - Sorry VA, you’re great too but WA may be the best.

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Old 07-07-2022, 08:15 PM

647 posts, read 1,522,523 times

Connecticut vs Georgia

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Old 07-07-2022, 08:25 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,624,695 times
North Carolina vs Vermont: Tie

Connecticut
vs Georgia: Though smaller, CT is north and more progressive/democratic

Virginia vs Washington: this one is too close to call

Florida vs Tennessee: Neither by a long shot.

Hawaii vs Montana: Hawaii

Michigan vs Wisconsin: This is close but Michigan does does the great lakes better.

Minnesota vs South Carolina: Minnesota

New Jersey vs New York: NY for NYC but Jersey is fine.

Iowa vs Utah: Utah for topography/scenery. not Mormons

Louisiana vs Oregon: This is a close call. Really like New Orleans culture but I would feel more at home in Oregon

Maine vs Texas. Good lord, not Texas

Arizona vs Ohio: Arizona, Ohio is MS North

Alaska vs Pennsylvania: Alaska...barely; that said I think PA is great.

California vs Rhode Island: lol at this one.

Colorado vs New Mexico: CO but barely

Illinois vs Massachusetts: Illinois is an ugly state but Chicago is just much better than Boston it tips the scales.

Old 07-08-2022, 05:49 PM

6,887 posts, read 3,732,518 times

Connecticut vs Georgia - you know damn well my vote here Danny - The 203, The Gold Coast

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee - In honor of all the Floridians who come on and troll the CT Forum

Hawaii vs Montana - possible future home but worried about being eaten by grizzlies and trampled by moose

Michigan vs Wisconsin

Minnesota vs South Carolina - growing on me, highly underrated coast

New Jersey vs New York - The Yankees

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio - future home possibly

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Illinois vs Massachusetts - In honor of all the Massachusettsians who come on and troll the CT Forum

Old 07-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 6 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 976,625 times

Connecticut vs Georgia

Virginia vs Washington

Florida vs Tennessee

Hawaii vs Montana

Michigan vs Wisconsin

New Jersey vs New York

Iowa vs Utah

Louisiana vs Oregon

Maine vs Texas

Arizona vs Ohio

Alaska vs Pennsylvania

Colorado vs New Mexico

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City