Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2022, 06:15 AM

30,627 posts, read 18,203,012 times

Advertisements

Illinois vs North Dakota - I may find more "like-minded" people in North Dakota vs. Illinois, but I also would greatly miss the culinary diversity I'm accustomed to if I was in North Dakota.

Virginia vs Mississippi - this one is closer, but ultimately I'd choose Virginia due to proximity to larger cities and gateways.

Georgia vs Kansas - Georgia as I think I'd appreciate the culinary scene more.

Alaska vs Missouri - while I hate the cold, I love the natural beauty present in Alaska.

Minnesota vs Kentucky - better weather and food would win for me here.

Louisiana vs West Virginia - more to do, see, and eat in LA vice WV, IMO.

Nevada vs Rhode Island - while I'd hate RI winters, NV outside of Las Vegas (and even then I'm not crazy about things) has never really been very appealing. Newport, alone, is more interesting to me.

New Mexico vs Alabama - this one could have gone either way, but ultimately choosing New Mexico due to wanting to experience new places.

Montana vs Nebraska - I've heard great things about Montana's natural beauty scene.

Connecticut vs Arkansas - I think I'd like the food more. And it's closer to areas where I'd like to visit, including TX, LA, etc.

New Jersey vs Wyoming - just not a fan of NJ

Washington vs New Hampshire - NH's reputation as a live and let live state appeals greatly to me.

Iowa vs Indiana - I don't know, but from what I know about the two states, it just seems like I'd be more at peace in IA vs. IN.

Ohio vs Idaho - OH but don't really have a good reason why.

Maryland vs Vermont - I currently live in MD and enjoy doing so.

Tennessee vs Delaware - I love the food scene in TN and culture of the state overall. Traveling through and stopping through DE many times, I've just never been impressed.

Maine vs Oklahoma - just seems to be more going on in OK than ME, IMO.

Wisconsin vs South Dakota - the availability of larger cities puts WI over SD for me. Don't get me wrong, I can live and be happy anywhere, but all other things equal (and barring something particularly special about a smaller location), I'll generally go with a location that has more options overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2022, 08:39 AM

542 posts, read 1,106,763 times
Hello all, and Happy Birthday America, what a weekend.

Illinois/North Dakota - I'm going Illinois here. I was born in Chicago, still have family there. Haven't been to ND, but plan on it.

Virginia/Mississippi - Love the Gulf Coast, but I have to go Virginia here, beautiful state.

Georgia/Kansas - I've got to go Georgia on this one. Savannah, and the coast are great. Haven't been to Kansas yet, but we're planning on going to the NFL Draft in KC next year. We will shoot across the border to check it off the list.

Alaska/Missouri - Actually, I haven't been to either state yet. As "stated" above, we are planning on going to Missouri next April. Until then, I'm going Alaska, looks incredible.

Minnesota/Kentucky - I think Kentucky is a very scenic state, and has a lot friendly folks. That being said, I'm taking Minnesota here, having spent some time up there last year. Up and down the Mississippi, and over to Wisconsin. Those are some fun people. We like to bend the elbow a little down here, but damn they can drink.

Louisiana/West Virginia - Two cool places to visit. They kind of remind me of each other in certain areas. Crazy Cajuns, and the Appalachian Mountain folk. Then there's the differences, of one being one of the hilliest, and one being among the flattest. The difference that really matters, is of course, New Orleans. No other state has this jewel. Going Louisiana.

Nevada/Rhode Island - I have not yet made it to Rhode Island yet, so I don't know much about it. As of now I'm going with Nevada. Like New Orleans, I love Vegas, to visit, I don't know about live. We do have family there, they like it.

New Mexico/Alabama - Have not yet had the fortune of exploring New Mexico, hoping to in about two or three years. As our Southern neighbors, I'm going with Alabama. Lots of different regions, and nice people. My brother's wife splits time between Birmingham, and Columbia, it's changed a lot.

Montana/Nebraska - I haven't been to either state, so I'm just going on perceptions. Montana wins here, for natural beauty. I would love to make it up there sometime soon. I would also like to go to Omaha, for the College World Series one day, if my team ever gets their act together.

Connecticut/Arkansas - I also haven't been to Connecticut as of now. My guess is there are a lot of wealthy New Yorkers up there. It does look interesting though. As I sit here and watch the Arial America Marathon on Smithsonian , I'm reminded what a beautiful state Arkansas is. She's a real beaut Clark.

New Jersey/Wyoming - There are quite a few New Jerseyans, Jerseyites?, down our way. I don't find them to be the stereotype most people think of. Really cool people for the most part. That is not enough of a reason to not take Wyoming. Although I haven't been there yet, it looks really nice. I mean Grand Tetons, what can I say.

Washington/New Hampshire - I have not been to these marvels yet, they look very interesting. Going with Washington, crazy politics aside. Seattle is probably a must visit, with of course Mt. Rainier.

Iowa/Indiana - Never been to these two. Going Iowa for the corn, love it.

Ohio/Idaho - Haven't made it to Idaho, it looks great, and cold. Going with the state that's" Round on the Ends, and High in the Middle". That would be Ohio. I think Cincinnati is a cool town. And, they have Cedar Point.

Maryland/Vermont - Give me Vermont here please. I did enjoy Annapolis.

Tennessee/Delaware - This is the easiest one for me. I love the three regions of Tennessee, all being so unique. We have family in Nashville, and Chattanooga. Great state. Delaware, fairly, or unfairly, makes me think of Brandon.

Maine/Oklahoma - Never been to either. I hear some good things about Oklahoma, but I'm going Maine on this one. Hope to make it up there next time we're in Boston. Looks like a fantastic place.

Wisconsin/South Dakota - I'm going Wisconsin here. That's where my parents met, and we still have family there. Fun people, fun state. From the Mississippi in the West, to Lake Michigan in the East.

All the states have some great things going for them, let's try to keep them United.

Last edited by Rockinmoz; 07-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: Wrong word

Old 07-02-2022, 08:56 AM

21,732 posts, read 28,059,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Connecticut vs Arkansas - I think I'd like the food more. And it's closer to areas where I'd like to visit, including TX, LA, etc.
Hehe. We have phenomenal food in CT.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:13 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,636,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Can't beat the Pizza & Ice Cream!!!

Old 07-03-2022, 03:47 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,059,103 times
IL vs ND....North Dakota wins...western ND ...badlands...plains

VA vs MS ....Virginia wins easily...mountains...Richmond...Virginia Beach

GA vs KS.....Georgia wins easily ....Savannah and Atlanta...the islands...

AK vs MO......Alaska wins easily...huge mountains...coastline...

MN vs KY......Minnesota wins...Lake Superior...north woods

LA vs WV.....West Virginia wins....mountains and more mountains

NV vs RI.....Rhode Island wins....Coastline...not too hot like NV

NM vs AL......New Mexico wins easily ....The Land of Enchantment...amazing!!

MT vs NE....Montana wins easily...beautiful mountains...Big Sky Country!

CT vs AR....Connecticut wins...good location...New England!

NJ vs WY ...Wyoming wins....Yellowstone...huge mountains..Devil's Tower

WA vs NH....New Hampshire wins...Mt Washington...friendly ...like it...

IA vs IN....Iowa wins....toss a coin...Iowa is slightly better

OH vs ID....Idaho wins easily...Boise...Sawtooth Mountains...Snake River

MD vs VT....Vermont wins easily...I love Vermont...small and nice mountains

TN vs DE....Tennessee wins easily ...mountains...Nashville

ME vs OK ....Maine wins easily ...coastline...mountains...forests...

WI vs SD.....South Dakota wins...Badlands...Black Hills...

Last edited by GTB365; 07-03-2022 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-03-2022, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
True! I'm a sucker for Southern cuisine, so would personally enjoy Arkansas more

I will say that we've been digging into the new Frank Pepe's location by us in Rockville and have been totally in love with it.

Old 07-03-2022, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
True! I'm a sucker for Southern cuisine, so would personally enjoy Arkansas more

I will say that we've been digging into the new Frank Pepe's location by us in Rockville and have been totally in love with it.
WOW, I didn't even know that Pepe's had a location down in Rockville, MD! That is so interesting!

Old 07-04-2022, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
WOW, I didn't even know that Pepe's had a location down in Rockville, MD! That is so interesting!
Yep! Well it’s technically in Bethesda but right on the Rockville border. Less than a ten minute drive away from us. They have a handful of locations in the DMV area I think

Old 07-04-2022, 01:38 PM

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!! I thought since this tournament is all about the United States, it would be a good idea to just give an honor to our country of the celebration of our independence, and be thankful for all the great States that we have throughout our whole country!!!

Old 07-05-2022, 01:08 AM

24 posts, read 12,908 times
Illinois vs North Dakota

Virginia vs Mississippi

Georgia
vs Kansas

Alaska vs Missouri

Minnesota vs Kentucky

Louisiana vs West Virginia

Nevada vs Rhode Island

New Mexico vs Alabama

Montana vs Nebraska

Connecticut vs Arkansas

New Jersey vs Wyoming

Washington vs New Hampshire

Iowa vs Indiana

Ohio vs Idaho

Maryland vs Vermont

Tennessee vs Delaware

Maine vs Oklahoma

Wisconsin vs South Dakota
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City