Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 04:21 PM

5,016 posts, read 3,914,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
I think Hawaii, Colorado, Utah, Florida, or Maine might have the best chances outside of NY or CA, but its really hard looking past those two states.
I'm a New Englander at heart, and I most definitely think Maine is beautiful. But no way, in my opinion, should Maine be near a top 5 list. The weather, the people, the lack of cities and population. It's a cold place in more ways than one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 05:04 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,638,068 times
Deadline for Round 2 is in 60 min guys! If there are any last min votes, get them in ASAP!

Old 07-13-2022, 05:19 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,883,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Colorado vs New Mexico - I like Colorado a lot. The politics isn't great. There are no amusement parks. But the MOUNTAINS!! Best in the lower 48? Maybe. They have four seasons. They have a major city with decent enough sports teams. New Mexico looks like a worse Arizona to me. Doesn't seem as pretty as Arizona, or as safe. New Mexico...no thank you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elitch_Gardens_Theme_Park
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeside_Amusement_Park

Old 07-13-2022, 06:00 PM

Round 2 is done! Results to be posted, followed by Round 3. Stay Tuned!

Old 07-13-2022, 06:06 PM

Round 2 Results:

North Carolina 30-19 Vermont

Connecticut 22-27 Georgia

Virginia 26-22 Washington

Florida 26-22 Tennessee

Hawaii 34-15 Montana

Michigan 31-18 Wisconsin

Minnesota 26-23 South Carolina

New Jersey 6-43 New York

Iowa 13-36 Utah

Louisiana 21-28 Oregon

Maine 28-21 Texas

Arizona 34-13 Ohio

Alaska 20-27 Pennsylvania

California 41-7 Rhode Island

Colorado 38-11 New Mexico

Illinois 17-31 Massachusetts

So there we have it. Here are all the results. WOW Texas, Alaska, New Jersey, and Illinois are already out.

It might take me up to 30 min to have Round 3 fixtures posted, but I'll do my best to have them up as soon as possible! I will be posting the procedures on how the draw for Round 3 will work first, followed by the Round 3 fixtures! Stay Tuned!

Old 07-13-2022, 06:22 PM

Round 3 Procedures

Hey All, so I hope all of you are looking forward to Round 3, and I am about to do the draw, but before that, I must explain to all of you the procedures on how the draw is going to work.

All the 16 States left will be seeded according the to winning margins / vote difference in Round 2. Meaning, the number of votes the State got minus the number of votes that were given against the State to the losing State. The Top 8 States will be Seeded in Pot 1, and the Bottom 8 States will be Seeded in Pot 2. Then Each State in Pot 1 will be Randomly Drawn against Each State in Pot 2.

Here are the Seeded and Unseeded towns for Round 3:

Pot 1: Seeded States
1. New York (+37)
2. California (+34)
3. Colorado (+27)
4. Utah (+23)
5. Arizona (+21)
6. Hawaii (+19)
7. Massachusetts (+14)
8. Michigan (+13)

Pot 2: Unseeded States
9. North Carolina (+11)
10. Maine (+7)
11. Oregon (+7)
12. Pennsylvania (+7)
13. Georgia (+5)
14. Florida (+4)
15. Virginia (+4)
16. Minnesota (+3)

So there we have the procedures, and I am about to do the draw for Round 3. Who is excited and ready?

P.S. The draw for Round 3 will take me some time, likely 15-30 min. I promise to have the Round 2 fixtures posted on here as soon as possible.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:36 PM

Round 3:

Deadline: Wednesday July 20th at 8:00pm EST, 7:00pm CST, 6:00pm MST, 5:00pm PST

Remember, anyone can jump in and vote at anytime. New Voters are always welcome to join in and vote, even if they did not participate in Round 1 or 2. We always want as many Voters and Participants as Possible!!!

Florida vs Michigan

Hawaii vs Minnesota

California vs Oregon

Massachusetts vs Virginia

Arizona vs North Carolina

Georgia vs New York

Colorado vs Pennsylvania

Maine vs Utah

So there we have it. Who is READY to VOTE in Round 3!!!!

Old 07-13-2022, 07:58 PM
Status: "See My Blog Entries for my Top 500 Most Important USA Cities" (set 6 days ago)

1,051 posts, read 977,160 times
Florida vs Michigan

Hawaii vs Minnesota (my sister and neices/nephew live in HI, HI is extremely expensive, so for personal/family reasons I would choose HI).

California vs Oregon

Georgia vs New York

Colorado vs Pennsylvania

Maine vs Utah

Old 07-13-2022, 08:11 PM

795 posts, read 482,406 times
Florida vs Michigan. Florida is probably my favorite state, and it's definitely top 5. Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Key West are favorites of mine too.

Hawaii vs Minnesota. Haven't been to either, but I much prefer Hawaii hands down.

California vs Oregon. Neither of these states are at the very top of my to visit states tbh, but California is higher than Oregon.

Massachusetts vs Virginia. This is difficult. Two of the states with historical ties to the American Revolution (started in one and ended in the other one) and some of the first colonies to have settlements. Massachusetts has Boston, Salem, Cape Cod, Plymouth, Sturbridge, Lexington and Concord etc. Virginia has Richmond, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, Jamestown, etc. I love both these states, I prefer Virginia's politics because they're more moderate. I want to give both of them a point. If I can't do that, let me know.

Arizona vs North Carolina. I really like the old west history. Arizona plays a big part in that!

Georgia vs New York. New York has so many great places besides New York City, which I loved when I visited in 2012 - I wouldn't go there right now though tbh. Lake George, Albany, Fort Ticonderoga are also places I love. Atlanta and Savannah, Georgia are on my bucket list, but for now New York wins.

Colorado vs Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania. Love the history and Gettysburg was one of my favorite destinations ever! Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Valley Forge and Hershey Park are on my bucket list.

Maine vs Utah. Maine is another of my favorite states. Portland, Kittery, Ogunquit, York, Wells, Freeport, Augusta, Bar Harbor and Booth Bay Harbor all good wonderful memories and I love each of those places dearly.

Last edited by CinderFella7; 07-13-2022 at 08:34 PM..

Old 07-13-2022, 08:17 PM

24 posts, read 12,918 times
Florida vs Michigan

Hawaii vs Minnesota

California vs Oregon

Georgia vs New York

Colorado vs Pennsylvania

Maine vs Utah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City