Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 06:59 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Yeah but still wayyyyyy cleaner than LA, SD, Portland OR .. and especially SF and Seattle.

My coworker was just in Seattle and he hated it and one of the primary reasons was the hoards of trash out there

I used to glorify the west coast, but now Im coming to terms with reality
Ironically Mayor Wujust posted about Boston hiring people as street sweepers and to clean up graffiti. Naturally she made sure to get herself photographed painting over graffiti.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjBsVgpN...d=ZjA0NjI3M2I=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 08:28 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
OP clearly just visited a few select places in central Boston for a day or two.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:50 AM

5,015 posts, read 3,909,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
OP clearly just visited a few select places in central Boston for a day or two.
Isn't that what most people do when visiting a city?

Old 09-28-2022, 10:45 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Ironically Mayor Wujust posted about Boston hiring people as street sweepers and to clean up graffiti. Naturally she made sure to get herself photographed painting over graffiti.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjBsVgpN...d=ZjA0NjI3M2I=
Good. But point was more or less, the West Coast cities crusty compared to East Coast cities. I even find Philadelphia to be sparkling in comparison

I personally think the cleanest city over 50k I have been to is Hoboken. I know I boost this alot but for its density. My god.

*in the northeast

Old 09-28-2022, 12:26 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Good. But point was more or less, the West Coast cities crusty compared to East Coast cities. I even find Philadelphia to be sparkling in comparison

I personally think the cleanest city over 50k I have been to is Hoboken. I know I boost this alot but for its density. My god.

*in the northeast
Oh stop it. LoL. New York and Philadelphia are not noticeably cleaner than the west coast, especially New York. Youre just being petty at this point, not that I mind.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:20 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh stop it. LoL. New York and Philadelphia are not noticeably cleaner than the west coast, especially New York. Youre just being petty at this point, not that I mind.
New York seemed cleaner than LA and cleaner than Philadelphia to me.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:21 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
New York seemed cleaner than LA and cleaner than Philadelphia to me.
^ This.

Well, Manhattan is unfathomably dirty. But real NYC is actually, pretty normal.

Old 09-28-2022, 01:21 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
Philadelphia is filthy lol.

Old 09-28-2022, 02:04 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 908Boi View Post
Philadelphia is filthy lol.
I think Manhattan takes the filthier award. Philadelphia (in the stable and desirable sections) is decently clean, but Manhattan (and parts of Brooklyn) are filthy and worse now than pre-Covid).

Funny timing, my company's London based business development team in touring our US offices. They started in Texas and worked their way East. They went out of their way to say they love New York but the city is horribly filthy. They had good things to say about DC and Boston cleanliness, and said Philadelphia was normal dirtiness for an American city (whatever that means, lol). This is just their judgment from the downtown areas.

I still say Chicago is the "cleanest" big city. LA felt fine this summer, San Fran is just grimy in general these days.

Last edited by cpomp; 09-28-2022 at 02:14 PM..

Old 09-28-2022, 02:11 PM

1,675 posts, read 1,080,928 times
Of course NYC is going to be dirtier than any other US city. The street level action in terms of bars, restaurants, street merchants, performers, subway stations, broadway, commuters, mass transit, pedestrians, etc all boxed into a tight, cavernous space will create that and is unparalleled in this country. On sheer numbers alone this should not come as a surprise at all. NYC has always been this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City