Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 04:04 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
^the three people i know who have been shot (not just shot at) all died too, forgot to mention that.

And no, i am not a criminal, and i am not in Moscow (why would you think i was in Moscow? Nothing i've ever written has so much as suggested it, not to mention my location says: San Francisco). Also, what does rap have to do with this?
I think he meant a person is either a criminal or not in Moscow not specifically you.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM

938 posts, read 4,093,320 times
Take alot of these with a grain of salt. I visited what was once considered one of NYC's worst nabes (Bed-Stuy, as in Bed-Stuy: Do or Die), and had absolutely zero problems...even toting around a big camera, taking pics:

prettyugly.: NYC: Neighborhoods

Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM

648 posts, read 1,617,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
Take alot of these with a grain of salt. I visited what was once considered one of NYC's worst nabes (Bed-Stuy, as in Bed-Stuy: Do or Die), and had absolutely zero problems...even toting around a big camera, taking pics:

It is not as bad as it used to be. I would walk around it now. I have driven a brand new Mercedes-Benz through it at night with no problem many times.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:50 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post

(once)

But I agree, few people on here have lived in rough neighborhoods so take it with a grain of salt, living somewhere is different from visiting/seeing/hearing. I've visited other rough neighborhoods with nothing happening to me but I live in one and my experiences were different than that.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate14ri View Post
worst i've seen was in north phili..

i was with my brother looking for temple university and we got lost in the neighborhood...holy ****...

That is a bad area, as bad as i have seen in the country, the whole area just needs to bulldozed, if Temple weren't there i couldn't even imagine, the only thing that even resembles civilization there

Old 02-13-2010, 02:51 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,466 times
Pretty much the entirety of rundown garbage dumps like Irvington and Camden, two proud entries from the Garden State.

Most of the Northeast is a pretty foul-smelling, nasty looking ghetto if you step out of the cushy suburbs.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Pretty much the entirety of rundown garbage dumps like Irvington and Camden, two proud entries from the Garden State.

Most of the Northeast is a pretty foul-smelling, nasty looking ghetto if you step out of the cushy suburbs.
Yeah I highly doubt you're from the Northeast, that's beyond untrue.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:45 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,637,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Yeah I highly doubt you're from the Northeast, that's beyond untrue.

If you mean originally originally, no, I was born in central IL, but I believe moving here when I was only a few months old and living here for over two decades now leaves me more than qualified to comment here.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:

If you mean originally originally, no, I was born in central IL, but I believe moving here when I was only a few months old and living here for over two decades now leaves me more than qualified to comment here.
"Most of the Northeast is a pretty foul-smelling, nasty looking ghetto if you step out of the cushy suburbs."

Originally or not originally, come on now you know as well as I know that that's not true. I don't like living here anymore than you (if you even live here) but I'm not gonna trash it with ridiculously false statements. I'm not going to straying off topic any further.

I don't know what the worst neighborhood in America is, my one is more than enough for me.

Old 02-13-2010, 04:53 PM

648 posts, read 1,617,992 times
Quote:

No you are not. That statement was ridiculous. The Northeast is the most treasured region of America. It is where America became America and it has the perfect blend of natural beauty, cities, and history... something that is unique to the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City