Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times

Advertisements

^^Those pictures don't look so bad, considering the hoodsI've seen in some parts of the country.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
^^Those pictures don't look so bad, considering the hoodsI've seen in some parts of the country.
They may not look bad but Have you EVER steped in a project in chicago or any city?
seriously don't judge a book buy it's cover. That's the worst thing you can do.
You really need to read this book

and if you have the guts to step foot in any of these places... well this will be waiting for you

YouTube - Gangsta City

YouTube - LEP Say Goodbye to the Projects

Old 04-04-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
BTW the second picture9black&white) was old so that's when they werent that bad. However things changed. Honestly if they werent so bad then the city of chicago wouldn't have knocked them all down.

i'm not trying to glorify anything but I personally think chicago projects were the worst when they were up. Not only the violence and drugs but just the conditions. Cinder-block walls in your home, dead decaying fetuses in your furnace. Just read the book I showed and you'l get the idea.
As far the worst neighborhood in all of america, I don't know but Gary Indiana was probably the feakiest thing I had to look at.

this is supposed to be a church
http://www.cityeyesphoto.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dsc-00873.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-04-2009, 04:14 AM

300 posts, read 1,014,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Better_Bronx_2morrow View Post
Compton
Cut that ****. You is a New Yorker anyway.
Watts is wayyy more tough. Cpt aint that bad.
Its 2009. Not the 90's.
STOP DISRESPECTING COMPTON! Visit first, then cry me a river.

Aranbe Ave. Tree top piru! good people!
CK all day ? (oh no wait..)

Old 04-04-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
They may not look bad but Have you EVER steped in a project in chicago or any city?
seriously don't judge a book buy it's cover. That's the worst thing you can do.
You really need to read this book

and if you have the guts to step foot in any of these places... well this will be waiting for you

YouTube - Gangsta City

YouTube - LEP Say Goodbye to the Projects

Uhh, I teach in the south Bronx, I know about the hood. I walk through the area all the time when it's still dark, and I've witnessed crime scenes. Trust me, I've seen a lot considering I never lived in the hood. I've also seen the ones in St. Louis and and Philadelphia.

These are the people I encounter with everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-sd5dIe5rw

Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Uhh, I teach in the south Bronx, I know about the hood. I walk through the area all the time when it's still dark, and I've witnessed crime scenes. Trust me, I've seen a lot considering I never lived in the hood. I've also seen the ones in St. Louis and and Philadelphia.

These are the people I encounter with everyday

YouTube - New York Streets DVD (South Bronx)!
Ok. but heres the difference
The guy in the video didn't necessarily look like they were doing extremely bad. I saw the video about brownsivlle bloods and that one looked worse. Plus Swiss beats was in the video.
You cant sit up here and say "They don't look so bad" when you haven't' been there.

btw I have an uncle who lives in the Bronx and while he says NYC projects are horrible he said chicago projects are/were worse of than the ones in New york. Hence the reason why they're tearring them down
Just read the book I showed you.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Ok. but heres the difference
The guy in the video didn't necessarily look like they were doing extremely bad. I saw the video about brownsivlle bloods and that one looked worse. Plus Swiss beats was in the video.
You cant sit up here and say "They don't look so bad" when you haven't' been there.

btw I have an uncle who lives in the Bronx and while he says NYC projects are horrible he said chicago projects are/were worse of than the ones in New york. Hence the reason why they're tearring them down
Just read the book I showed you.

I've had enough experience that I don't need to read a book about someone else's. I don't want to read something for pleasure if it reminds me of being at work in the south Bronx everyday. Once I eventually transfer, I'm never going back there again. It's hell in that neighborhood.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 PM

^^^Word
But has anyone ever notice that smaller cities/town outside of big cities are ussually worse of.
for example
Gary indiana - chicago
Newark NJ - NYC
Camden NJ - Philly
East ST. Louis IL - STL

Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 PM

378 posts, read 1,288,932 times
Chicago's projects in their days were worse than anything in the country. I don't think you can argue against that. I've talked to people from other very bad areas, and they say Chicago was the roughest. I read somewhere about 26 murders in a weekend in Robert Taylor. Cabrini Green had 1 corner where 50 people were shot. Cops got sniped. School shut down until gang truces were reached. The gangster disciples made in excess of 100 mil a year dealing drugs.

Watch the show gangland. You won't see any other city in which there is actual footage of people shooting guns off. Look at the one about Latin Kings in NY vs. Chicago. What a joke, the Kings in New York are a bunch of kids looking for identity, in Chicago it is organized crime.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sittingduck41 View Post
Chicago's projects in their days were worse than anything in the country. I don't think you can argue against that. I've talked to people from other very bad areas, and they say Chicago was the roughest. I read somewhere about 26 murders in a weekend in Robert Taylor. Cabrini Green had 1 corner where 50 people were shot. Cops got sniped. School shut down until gang truces were reached. The gangster disciples made in excess of 100 mil a year dealing drugs.

Watch the show gangland. You won't see any other city in which there is actual footage of people shooting guns off. Look at the one about Latin Kings in NY vs. Chicago. What a joke, the Kings in New York are a bunch of kids looking for identity, in Chicago it is organized crime.

But in NY it's not always the projects that are bad. There are areas in Brooklyn and the Bronx that are just plain low-income neighborhoods. This is what the Bronx looked like back in the day. What the whole video. Do you think it compares to Chicago of the 80s? Just wondering.

YouTube - South Bronx (Wolfen Scenes)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City