Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 12:43 PM

92 posts, read 231,247 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Bmore and I experienced the hood life. I would have to say as far as Bmore goes the worst hoods on the West Side are: Sandtown-Winchester, Harlem Park, Pratt-Monroe, West North, NW(Park Hts/Resisterstown Rd). On the East Side: Preston-Bond, McElderry-Decker, Greenmount from 20th street down.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:50 PM

Default Nasty Hoods

The other nasty hoods I have hung out in- in my wild days are East Camden and Main St. in Camden, North Philly- the ugliest city I ever seen(you have to be a good detective in order to find a house that isnt burnt out or busted up), In DC: Southeast, Area around the greyhound Station, Logan Circle, Florida Ave. PG County has DC beat any day though in Suitland, Temple Hills and other suburbs of DC. Even the cops there are vicious and violent , they are a lot of actual thugs that do the same thing as hood lifers. St. Louis, yes MISSOURI, like around that greyhound station too. Its not that I have only seen areas around bus stations its just where Ive seen the worst.

Last edited by FlipperrX; 04-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: forgot something

Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM

Paterson, NJ has a lot of interracialers for some reason. You know, BBC with Big white women.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:56 PM

I may have to ride thru there next time I go to NYC. I went up through New Brunswick last time and that place looked pretty wild too.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 PM

When West Baltimore had the Lexington Terrace and Murphy Homes high rise projects they may have put Chicagos projects to shame as far as being nasty. Some low rise projects in East Bmore are pitiful too , namely Douglas Homes and Somerset. Chicago is overrated for for bad hoods. Most of the Midwest has some some weak Jiggas. Id rather live in the Midwest around Kansas though. Most of Chicago is nothing but suburbanite materialists these days like Northern VA or Montgomery County, MD

Old 04-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Does anyone know why the nastiest hoods usually are the black ones? Anyone ahve any opinions as to why? I dont understand why.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:08 PM

Another hood of mention, although obscure, most people haven't been there is Red Brush in Beckley, WV. Some of those real poor towns in southern WV in the middle of nowhere are all black and I mean everything: the houses, cars, street surfaces, and the people. Except for the people , the reason why the other things are black is due to coal mines sitting right in the middle of town. Youd think it wouyld be all big bearded stankin' rednecks down there but its mostly black guys, other than the white girls that do them. Towns such as Northfork, Keystone, Gary, and Welch are examples. Soemtimes I wonder who are the black women getting with today, Id say at least 7 out of 10 black guys are with white women, mostly humongous women too. Why is that?

Old 04-24-2009, 01:10 PM

210 posts, read 845,685 times
There is not one worst neighborhood.

Here are some of the worst that I have been 2.

North Richmond, CA
East Oakland, CA
West Oakland, CA
Bayview/Hunter's Point/Vistacion Valley in San Francisco, CA
North Side of Flint, MI (beecher) and parts of the east side
South side Saginaw, MI (Buena Vista)
Benton Harbor, MI
Highland Park, MI (Detroit)

Those are some just off the top of my head. Of course the regulars and the ones mentioned earlier should be included 2.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 PM

Are you the white half of an interracial couple? With words like uhhhhhh, it does not seemt hat you are educated enough to be a teacher. You are probably one of those white girls who thinks they are cool to be with the thugs and live the party life.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:17 PM

Be honest though if he was white he probably would have gotten accosted some way or another. Definitely begged for money or help or attempted to be hustled in some way. Many naive unexperienced whites who venture into hoods and ghettoes end up making a stupid decision giving the thugs attention when they should just move on like they dont hear anyone talking to them, basically like there is no one around them that exists. Making any kind of eye contact with corner boys or thugs, most times is an invitation for them to size you up or 'read' you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City