Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 01:44 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,293,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
However, I still stick by my opinion.... most people have never heard of savannah, GA
I've heard of Savannah and I am not from the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 01:49 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,373,515 times
Quote:
However, I still stick by my opinion.... most people have never heard of savannah, GA

Then you would be wrong.

Old 02-13-2009, 01:56 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,493,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Then it would have never made the list.
I am not the only person that thinks Savannah should not be on the list.

polo89, stated on page 1 -

"That's funny. Savannah over LA lol"

crazyvirgochild stated on page 2 -

"Chicago # 3 - Good choice!!!!!!!!

But Savannah???? IMO I dont think Savannah should even be on the list, let alone ahead of NYC.

Ive been to Savannah only once and I dont see what the bid deal is, yeah its on the coast, but they have no real beaches (a marshland is not a real beach). Yeah downtown Savannah is really, really pretty, but outside downtown most of the city looks like a smaller version of New Orleans. Someone please tell me whats so cool to live in Savannah?? If anything I would pick Charleston, SC- same amount of history with allot less crime"

livinDecatur stated on the bottom of page 3 -

"These lists are no more than PR tools for the respective cities on them, with no basis in reason or fact. That is not to say that some of them don't belong there, but please"

Therefore, I am not the only person that feels Savannah should not be on the list.

The bottom line is that I dont like Savannah or have a reason to visit. I would not go there if the trip was free!

We have clearly learned that you like Savannah and I dont! I am through talking about Savannah!

Old 02-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
I am not the only person that thinks Savannah should not be on the list.

Therefore, I am not the only person that feels Savannah should not be on the list.

The bottom line is that I dont like Savannah or have a reason to visit. I would not go there if the trip was free!

We have clearly learned that you like Savannah and I dont! I am through talking about Savannah!
This list isn't about what cities are the biggest or most populated. It's about traveling and natural beauty (This came from MSN Travel after all).

It's fine that you don't think Savannah shouldn't be on the list but I think a lot you missed the point I made.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
This list isn't about what cities are the biggest or most populated. It's about traveling and natural beauty (This came from MSN Travel after all).

It's fine that you don't think Savannah shouldn't be on the list but I think a lot you missed the point I made.
I understand that the list is not about the biggest city..... its about the places that have the most to offer to travelers.

But can anyone name what Savannah has to offer tourist? There is nothing there

Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,373,515 times
Um, how about one of the largest, most vibrant and preserved Historic Districts in the U.S.?

How about the one of the very first planned cities in America?

How about hosting the second largest St. Patricks Day celebration in the country?

Old 02-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Um, how about one of the largest, most vibrant and preserved Historic Districts in the U.S.?

How about the one of the very first planned cities in America?

How about hosting the second largest St. Patricks Day celebration in the country?
I just asked my father who travels there on a regular basis with his company and he said "They have a couple of old historic buildings and a couple of famous restaurants and thats it". What you just stated and what my father said is exactly what I thought

There is not one thing that you just said in the above statement that would convince me to want to visit Savannah.... but again thats just my opinion. A lot of people like that stuff

Old 02-13-2009, 02:34 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,253,380 times
Quote:
I just asked my father who travels there on a regular basis with his company and he said "They have a couple of old historic buildings and a couple of famous restaurants and thats it". What you just stated and what my father said is exactly what I thought

There is not one thing that you just said in the above statement that would convince me to want to visit Savannah.... but again thats just my opinion. A lot of people like that stuff

Savannah has a lot to offer it's visitors if you're into the historic buildings and "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil". It's also a great romantic getaway from here in ATL as well. If you don't like historic buildings, fine, but to say there is "nothing there" is a lie.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Savannah has a lot to offer it's visitors if you're into the historic buildings and "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil". It's also a great romantic getaway from here in ATL as well. If you don't like historic buildings, fine, but to say there is "nothing there" is a lie.
There is no way that anyone can think that Savannah has more to offer a tourist than NYC

A visit to Savannah would be boring

Everyone can write whatever they want.... I dont like Savannah.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
There is no way that anyone can think that Savannah has more to offer a tourist than NYC

A visit to Savannah would be boring

Everyone can write whatever they want.... I dont like Savannah.
If you are the sort of person who likes to see nature and be at more of a historical aspect to the location then Savannah wins.

Both Savannah and New York City have a lot to offer for tourists but when I travel I care more for the trees, rivers and history than a metropolitan area. I am someone who wants that.

And and opinion of Savannah having more to offer a tourist than New York City is independent from you not liking Savannah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City