Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,919 times

Advertisements

Why are you guys listening to these people?

dementor has lied several times about his status vis a vis Chicago.

eurous1 has admitted he was in Chicago for one day and New York twice for a week each or something.

northEnd said he saw a pigeon fall out of the air, froze to death.

These people are liars and/or moron- why do you get ruffled up by them? Ignore them.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:14 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
Well in the class of supersized cities i.e. NYC, LA and Chicago, Chicago has the highest crime rate in EVERY category including murder.
Oh, well that's very convenient. Simply exclude all cities with worse crime rates than Chicago.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:16 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,950,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Why are you guys listening to these people?

dementor has lied several times about his status vis a vis Chicago.

eurous1 has admitted he was in Chicago for one day and New York twice for a week each or something.

These people are liars and/or moron- why do you get ruffled up by them? Ignore them.
I guess I'm bored.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 PM

100 posts, read 220,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post

I saw more than one. What is funny is that you don't see this as plausible. 25 below zero and 90 below windchill is awfully cold weather. I had my earlobes freeze solid that year and it took 2 weeks before they were not red.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Default OP> How does a city like Chicago compare with New york or Boston??

I guess not so well. In some ways like a large city, but in many ways maybe as well as Cleveland, Milwaukee or Seattle.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
Are any of you "trolls" sure you've actually been to Chicago?
You haven't given me any...ANY example of a smalltown rural mentality...There are people in Chicago from all over not just the rural states. All northern cities have southern roots some how. During the Great Migration southern blacks moved to cities like Stl, Chicago, Detroit, and New York. You guys are just some weirdos on a website that probably aren't even from the cities you claim to be from
majority rules though...why would somebody not from that area move there looking for urban lifestyle and vibrancy if not for a job or family... people from Chicago are primarily from midwest big 10 schools

I met so many people from the damn plains while in Chicago it was crazy, lp and lakeview are post college big 10 party hoods...

these people wouldn't ^^^

but they do it all the time for nyc/boston/dc/la/sf...they all offer better stuff, better weather, more culture, more cosmopolitan, more sophisticated. If people want cheap COL and a big city life they go to ATL and Houston. Heck they even do this for Seattle, Portland and Austin Texas... but Chicago??? nahhh not really.

Chicago = Minneapolis + Detroit

^ Seriously though, I think that is a very good description of Chicago... Minneapolis plus Detroit combined then u get Chicago...

Last edited by grapico; 04-12-2009 at 07:56 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 07:41 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northEnd View Post
I saw more than one. What is funny is that you don't see this as plausible. 25 below zero and 90 below windchill is awfully cold weather. I had my earlobes freeze solid that year and it took 2 weeks before they were not red.
I think your brain also froze solid that year....

It clearly hasn't defrosted yet.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I think your brain also froze solid that year....

It clearly hasn't defrosted yet.

good one

da bullz

Old 04-12-2009, 08:21 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northEnd View Post
Sure. 25 below and 90 below windchill...right. The record low was -24 in 1985. Nice try. Ear lobes frozen for two weeks? Monthly Averages for Chicago, IL

I take it you're not an MIT or Harvard grad. Tell me about how the Chicago tax burden is higher than NY again.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:23 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
majority rules though...why would somebody not from that area move there looking for urban lifestyle and vibrancy if not for a job or family... people from Chicago are primarily from midwest big 10 schools

I met so many people from the damn plains while in Chicago it was crazy, lp and lakeview are post college big 10 party hoods...
Not just Big Ten. Basically any school within 500 miles has 'their' bar in the area. But, you know the Big Ten doesn't stretch into the Great Plains, right?

Quote:
but they do it all the time for nyc/boston/dc/la/sf...they all offer better stuff, better weather, more culture, more cosmopolitan, more sophisticated
I've never known anyone that moved from Chicago to any of those cities for 'better stuff' or 'more culture'. Better weather, yeah. They're called retirees.

Quote:
. If people want cheap COL and a big city life they go to ATL and Houston. Heck they even do this for Seattle, Portland and Austin Texas... but Chicago??? nahhh not really.
Uhhh...no.

Quote:
Chicago = Minneapolis + Detroit

^ Seriously though, I think that is a very good description of Chicago... Minneapolis plus Detroit combined then u get Chicago...
I guess. Then add another couple million people and diversify the economy. And add more culture and a more international feel. And the lake. I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City