Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
New York style hotdog 63 37.50%
Chicago style hotdog 105 62.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:40 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Nobody has still been able to define a NY Hot Dog.

It has 37 votes however. Interesting.
That's because people know what a NY hotdog is and some people prefer it over the Chicago hotdog and vice-versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Because threads like this have absolutely nothing to do with the actual food, it has to do with people voting for their own city and/or favorite city of the two.
That may or may not be true, if people are brought up on the NY hotdog there's a huge chance that they are gonna prefer it the same thing goes for the Chicago hotdog, there were plenty from both sides debating on which was better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffknight918 View Post
There's more New Yorkers on here than anyone. They are too insecure to vote for another city for anything. So my guess is it was 37 New Yorkers since several of us asked what a NY style dog is and no one could answer. It's from NYC so its automatically better.

The best part is that in threads that talk about safest big cities and then others with most dangerous cities, NYC ends up in both. It's voted safest if that's the topic. It's voted most dangerous if that's the topic. Kind of humorous.
I know of at least 5 NYCers (myself included) we may or may not dominate City vs City. How are NYers too insecure to vote for another city, I do it all the time. I don't remember it being voted the most safest or most dangerous city, you have some people from good/safe parts of the city and you have some from the bad/dangerous parts of the city so it is highly safe as well as dangerous, it's not one safe utopia.

I don't like this whole let's try and gang up on NYC attitude that a lot of people on here seem to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 09:44 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
true, I'm certainly familiar with both... as well as pizza... I voted for chicago hot dog but would definitely vote for ny pizza.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:47 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
That's because people know what a NY hotdog is and some people prefer it over the Chicago hotdog and vice-versa.

That may or may not be true, if people are brought up on the NY hotdog there's a huge chance that they are gonna prefer it the same thing goes for the Chicago hotdog, there were plenty from both sides debating on which was better.

I know of at least 5 NYCers (myself included) we may or may not dominate City vs City. How are NYers too insecure to vote for another city, I do it all the time. I don't remember it being voted the most safest or most dangerous city, you have some people from good/safe parts of the city and you have some from the bad/dangerous parts of the city so it is highly safe as well as dangerous, it's not one safe utopia.

I don't like this whole let's try and gang up on NYC attitude that a lot of people on here seem to have.
That's because there are a lot of people that are jealous of NYC here.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
The hot dogs on the streets of NY are different than any hot dog I've ever had. It's a much different taste. I can't explain why or how it's like that.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Maybe, but not of your hot dogs.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:32 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Quote:

You seem like a nice, level-headed person, so this isn't necessarily directed towards you; however, I say BOO HOO to some of the other NY'ers (not all of them - many are nice) who get all tied in a bunch over other people's comments about NYC, all the while they are criticizing other cities left and right because they aren't "up to par" with NYC. It's not necessarily "ganging up" on NYC as it is giving them back a taste of their own medicine.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:30 AM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
That's what everyone is talking about. Why would anyone be jealous? If anyone wants to move to NYC, they could. Millions of people live there. It doesn't make you special because your address says NY. You didn't create NYC, your just a person that lives there with many others. Nothing to be jealous about.

Infamous... I take back part of what I said. You have had some good posts in the past. You're just one of the few though. I actually like NYC. I'm going there in two weeks to represent the DCFD in a 5k Tunnel to Towers run in honor of a fireman that died on 9/11 running from Brooklyn to the WTC. It's a great city. However, it's the people on here that ruin the image. I know tons of other New Yorkers and none of them act so ridiculous about their city.

About the hot dog, the only ones that seem yo be commenting and voting for it are from NYC or Boston area. So obviously not everyone knows what it is. I just don't get what the big deal is to explain it.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:

Infamous92 is about as unbiased as it gets.

I was just wanting to know what set NY Hot Dogs apart.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:22 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
When I eventually get to Chicago, I'll try a hot dog. I'll have to take off half the stuff though, which might make it taste less good. Then I'll be able to make a more fair comparison.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:25 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
The hot dogs on the streets of NY are different than any hot dog I've ever had. It's a much different taste. I can't explain why or how it's like that.
That helps out a little. I remember going to Toronto and having the sausages the street vendors sold. We ate at the same vendor about 3 or 4 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City