Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
New York style hotdog 63 37.50%
Chicago style hotdog 105 62.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
People move to the South because of necessity, because in reality, no Nyer want to move out from NY.
I know many persons from NYC that moved to either upstate or other parts of the country because they wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:55 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:
People move to the South because of necessity, because in reality, no Nyer want to move out from NY.

Lets just face it. You're mad because NY is losing this poll, if it was winning, then you wouldn't be on here posting about how people are jealous of NYC or posting that it's the world greatest city. NYC probably would win most polls on here but it's not the greatest at everything and never will be.

Do you even sleep at night because this is just a poll and it's only a forum. Who really cares about someone else's opinion that much. I'm not going to change my mind about how I feel based on another person's decision.

In reality, it's not that serious...Most people think Chicago has the best hot dog...get over it!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:02 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
Lets just face it. You're mad because NY is losing this poll, if it was winning, then you wouldn't be on here posting about how people are jealous of NYC or posting that it's the world greatest city. NYC probably would win most polls on here but it's not the greatest at everything and never will be.

Do you even sleep at night because this is just a poll and it's only a forum. Who really cares about someone else's opinion that much. I'm not going to change my mind about how I feel based on another person's decision.

In reality, it's not that serious...Most people think Chicago has the best hot dog...get over it!
I am posting here because you have made some comments about NY. Now, I know that the NY hot dog beats the Chicago hot dogs. Why do you think here in VA there are places that sells "NY Hot dogs" and not "Chicago Hot dogs"?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
I am posting here because you have made some comments about NY. Now, I know that the NY hot dog beats the Chicago hot dogs. Why do you think here in VA there are places that sells "NY Hot dogs" and not "Chicago Hot dogs"?

LOL.....We have a place in Houston that sells Chicago style pizza so does that make Chicago pizza better? Based on your theory it does....you can't be one-dimensional about everything.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,845,698 times
Only on City-Data could a hot dog v hot dog thread become 27 pages long and devolve into which city is better/more important. Endless entertainment. I've just got to give a shout out to the Dodger Dog, 10 inches of goodness my friends. Also would be remiss to not mention LA's own bacon wrapped hot dogs, available for sale at street carts around the city. You haven't experienced the true LA until you've had one of the bacon wrapped hot dogs

Old 09-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
LOL.....We have a place in Houston that sells Chicago style pizza so does that make Chicago pizza better? Based on your theory it does....you can't be one-dimensional about everything.
Well we are talking about Hot dogs not Pizza

Old 09-17-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Well we are talking about Hot dogs not Pizza

I didn't think you could provide me with good information.

Also, if we're talking about Hot Dogs, why did you go in and change the subject twice about how NY is the greatest city in the world and how people are jealous of it?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I didn't think you could provide me with good information.

Also, if we're talking about Hot Dogs, why did you go in and change the subject twice about how NY is the greatest city in the world and how people are jealous of it?
Because of the other poster comments about NY.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Now, I know that the NY hot dog beats the Chicago hot dogs. Why do you think here in VA there are places that sells "NY Hot dogs" and not "Chicago Hot dogs"?
Once again you argue by assertion, you think that if you simply repeat something often enough and with enough vehemence you'll carry the day.

I might add that NY dogs being popular in the South is not really a strong argument in their favor, indeed one could reasonably argue the contrary.

So what hot dog stands have you been to in Chicago? What is your experience that justifies such a strong and cocksure opinion?

Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

cali has:

giants
dogers
oakland a's
clippers
lakers
raiders
chargers
warriors
etc.

what other state has that many teams??
Texas, New York state, and Florida.

Quote:
Because Virgina is a lot closer to NYC than it is to Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City