Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
New York style hotdog 63 37.50%
Chicago style hotdog 105 62.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:06 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,736,355 times

Advertisements

na, you really do see many more yankees hats. i should have clarified. what i mean to say is:

outside of the hometown team's hats OR the closest team to that particular city's hats, NY fitteds outnumber the other teams fitteds in many, many hatstores around the nation by far.

this is no different than (during their run) the amount of bulls jerseys that you saw in any given store, or dallas jersey's that you saw, or etc. etc.

also, as far as hot dogs, you're not understanding what i'm saying because you (seemingly) haven't traveled a lot or as much as i have.

i do NOT mean to say that you see a lot of nathans, hebrew national, sabrett, etc. around the nation.

i DO mean to say that you see a lot of ppl either claiming to sell a NY _____ or naming their store NY _______ around the nation.

and i don't know about anyone else, but i'm hungry and want a frank right now.

*edit*
i need to clarify again.

ppl are out there slinging BALLPARK franks and passing them off as NY hot dogs elsewhere in the country. its disgusting.
nowhere did i mean to imply that ppl are selling nathans and calling it the ny hotdog. i meant it in the same way that i meant ny pizza outside of ny, for example.

inauthentic products labeled ny just to sell to the masses that have never been to ny. this is pretty common. way more common than chicago ______.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:16 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
na, you really do see many more yankees hats. i should have clarified. what i mean to say is:

outside of the hometown team's hats OR the closest team to that particular city's hats, NY fitteds outnumber the other teams fitteds in many, many hatstores around the nation by far.
no,not really. In northern cali I saw SF hats as the big seller. Then A's hats. Then dodgers hats. And Angels hats. There seemed to be more Chicago hats even than NY hats. In Chicago, aside from sox and cubs hats the yankee hats did not outnumber any other team. At least in the places I have been to. I could go on and on about cities where Yankee hats were not outnumbering others.

Quote:
also, as far as hot dogs, you're not understanding what i'm saying because you (seemingly) haven't traveled a lot or as much as i have.

i do NOT mean to say that you see a lot of nathans, hebrew national, sabrett, etc. around the nation.

i DO mean to say that you see a lot of ppl either claiming to sell a NY _____ or naming their store NY _______ around the nation.

______.[/b]
I really haven't been to many places that have advertised "NYC" hot dogs. Pizza is a different story, but this is a thread about hot dogs and where I travel, I don't see people trying to advertise a NY hot dog. Many places have high German populations and have their own styles, so they are going to be popular in their given area.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
eek

cali is an exception. there are many teams in california. i'm speaking more along the lines of your typical state (nevada, nm, nc, va, fl, etc.)

i would not expect to see a yankees fitted outnumber the sf, sd, la, etc. fitteds in cali.

states like md, va, nc, sc, fl, ga, ri, me, etc. are what i meant.

Last edited by eek; 09-17-2009 at 10:29 AM..

Old 09-17-2009, 10:24 AM

oh, so first it was "every" hat store has a plethora of Yankee fitted hats. Now there are exceptions.........

Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
OMG...people are still ignorant in this day and age! You can't seriously think that..I mean come on outside of the NE, no one really talks about NYC...I know here in Houston, there's no one hating on NYC, no need to.

You need to come out of that state of mind because it's making you sound so silly...LOL
Wow no one talks about NYC outside of NYC? I cannot believe you just said that. NYC is america's most loved city. I live in Va Beach now, and everything is about NYC. There are stores that are called NY Pizza store, "Off Broadway", etc.. In Maryland I saw a store that resembles a NY store. Kennedy Fried Chicken is a NY store. So in Maryland I saw a store called New York Fried Chicken. So everything is about NYC these days.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
oh, so first it was "every" hat store has a plethora of Yankee fitted hats. Now there are exceptions.........

cali has:

giants
dogers
oakland a's
clippers
lakers
raiders
chargers
warriors
etc.

what other state has that many teams??

Old 09-17-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:

cali has:

giants
dogers
oakland a's
clippers
lakers
raiders
chargers
warriors
etc.

what other state has that many teams??
ok great. Cali has lots of sports teams.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:45 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,621,258 times
Quote:
cali is an exception. there are many teams in california. i'm speaking more along the lines of your typical state (nevada, nm, nc, va, fl, etc.)

i would not expect to see a yankees fitted outnumber the sf, sd, la, etc. fitteds in cali.

states like md, va, nc, sc, fl, ga, ri, me, etc. are what i meant.

You're delusional. In TX, I know we don't wear too many Yankees hat. IN GA most definitely, the braves hats outnumber the yankee hats 15 to 1 probably and if you do see those hats in states such as GA, VA, and FL, you got to remember that most of those people are from NY who moved down to better themselves!!

Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,621,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Wow no one talks about NYC outside of NYC? I cannot believe you just said that. NYC is america's most loved city. I live in Va Beach now, and everything is about NYC. There are stores that are called NY Pizza store, "Off Broadway", etc.. In Maryland I saw a store that resembles a NY store. Kennedy Fried Chicken is a NY store. So in Maryland I saw a store called New York Fried Chicken. So everything is about NYC these days.

Are you serious? Come to Houston and see how much you hear NY. In fact, we hear more about LA and ATL over NY.....I don't care what kind of stores are named after a city.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
You're delusional. In TX, I know we don't wear too many Yankees hat. IN GA most definitely, the braves hats outnumber the yankee hats 15 to 1 probably and if you do see those hats in states such as GA, VA, and FL, you got to remember that most of those people are from NY who moved down to better themselves!!
People move to the South because of necessity, because in reality, no Nyer want to move out from NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City