Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
New York style hotdog 63 37.50%
Chicago style hotdog 105 62.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times

Advertisements

will i get roasted (no pun intended) because i prefer NY Hot Dogs? Nothing's better in my book than a dirty water dog from a pushcart in Manhattan (MUST be Sabretts). And yes, I've had Chicago dogs. Too much stuff on them for my liking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:29 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garmin239 View Post
Just because you have not seen something , does not mean it exists/doesn't exist. Your posts have shown that you have very very little real world experience and and not very well traveled. I can name about a dozen "texas hots" places here, and I live in NY.
just because ppl have selective memory or are temporarily blind when they approach clothing stores with the title NY in them, or hot dog/pizza places with the term NY in them or all of a sudden can't see a yankee hat in the mall in their state doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

ppl's posts, yours included, have shown that you are trying your hardest to make ny a "regular" city nobody cares about like *insert random city in a random state here.*

just because you want it to be so does not make it so.

Quote:
your proof of this? Are you saying that all of these people who actually live in these other places where they don't care about NY are lying?
your proof that what i'm saying doesn't exist? i've lived in more states than just ny and more countries that just the u.s.

those ppl might not care (read: admit) but there are many ppl that do. many ppl.

i suppose in the past i should have brought a nikon d60 with me to capture the insides of various stores, strip malls and malls just to prove ppl on here wrong.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:19 AM

3,235 posts, read 8,717,534 times
you probably should have because a good amount of people strongly disagree with you.
But I guess its some huge conspiracy against you.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 AM
eek

a "good amount" of ppl on CD just don't like NYC, period.

it is what it is.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

it is what it is.

Never mind that, we're talkin' hot dogs and you haven't answered my question.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Quote:

it is what it is.

Let's see it's liked better than: Hoston, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, LA, Orlando, Charlotte, Nashville, Phoenix, and many more cities..

Just because your losing a thread doesn't mean someone doesn't like that place.

ESP a hot dog thread....get real EEK

Old 09-18-2009, 12:16 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:

it is what it is.

Correction.

A good amount of people on here like NYC. It's the posters who only post biased and ignorant posts on here that people don't like.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
eek

na. look around CD more. ppl aren't feeling ny because they have pre conceived notions of what ny is like and what nyers are like.

the ny forum IMO is ...i don't want to down it but i'd rather read and post elsewhere. every topic is:

i'm from europe looking to move to ny
is ny safe?
no really is ny really safe for a white lady in her 30's from kansas?
is the B train safe?
how is the ride on the A train at 2 in the morning? is it safe?
will i get robbed at night if im walking in harlem?
is times sq safe?

like come on. nyc is one of the safest cities in the country. we cannot break any stereotype that we have period no matter what we do or how hard we try.

then you have the forums with posters that talk bad about ny and nyers that have never stepped foot in NY!

ppl throw around archaic words to describe us (carpet baggers, yankees)...

but i'm supposed to believe that ppl on cd are feeling ny. yeah, ok.

*gets on train bombed with graffiti, trash on the ground. sits next to a person thats going to mug me. walks by a hooker on 42nd st*

Last edited by eek; 09-18-2009 at 12:57 PM..

Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,214,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Correction.

A good amount of people on here like NYC. It's the posters who only post biased and ignorant posts on here that people don't like.
I agree. I love NYC. I strongly dislike the posters on here from the city except for maybe a couple. They seem to think that its the only real city in the world and they are somehow better than everyone because they live there.

Old 09-19-2009, 02:15 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Never mind that, we're talkin' hot dogs and you haven't answered my question.
he will not answer your question....he never tasted a Chicago hot dog before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City