Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer??
New York style hotdog 63 37.50%
Chicago style hotdog 105 62.50%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'm currently in NY until Monday.

I'm having a great time while I'm here, but the hot dogs (atleast from the street vendors) are not up to par.
What part of Ny are you exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 05:26 PM

1,346 posts, read 4,213,285 times
What about near the meatpacking district? I'll be in town with the DC Fire Dept this weekend for the FDNY Tunnel To Towers run. I'll be staying in a friends loft somewhere in the meetpacking district.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:12 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
My hotel was in Midtown.

But I spent 90% of my time in the East Village.

The food was great. Cafe Mogador was solid, the deli's I ate at were good.

The hot dogs weren't anything special.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
My hotel was in Midtown.

But I spent 90% of my time in the East Village.

The food was great. Cafe Mogador was solid, the deli's I ate at were good.

The hot dogs weren't anything special.
are you still there or have you left yet? you could hit up another borough...if you're still there. sounds like you left already, tho?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
are you still there or have you left yet? you could hit up another borough...if you're still there. sounds like you left already, tho?
Yea, I'm in LA now. Then back to Chicago either Friday or Sat.

I'll be back probably every other month from now on though. The girl I was meeting with liked my business plan and so we'll be working together from now on.

Good trip. Had fun while I was there.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:04 AM

894 posts, read 2,380,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
why do you have a good hot dog place you recommend? in the bx..moved here from chicago about a year ago

Old 09-22-2009, 10:16 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,923,182 times
I have to admit it - I'm amazed that there could be 32 pages of posts on hot dogs!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 AM

2,318 posts, read 7,843,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
I have to admit it - I'm amazed that there could be 32 pages of posts on hot dogs!!
This thread is about so much more than just hot dogs... it really is quite amazing.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 618 times
Default Chicago dogs

The best part about reading this is the complete and total homerism out of the New Yorkers…The majority have clearly not tried a Chicago dog…..ewww all that stuff just give me ketchup….people hot dogs aren't filet's. Chicago dogs simply enhance the flavor of the dog by adding onions, sport peppers (makes it hot), mustard, tomatoes, a pickle and some neon relish…..oh and some celery salt. You can still taste the dog, you just get all the sweet and hot flavors added to the great taste of the dog.

Don't forget that the Chicago area has a huge german population going up through wisconsin, I know you New Yorkers don't believe life exists beyond staten island, but the hot dog is a german creation and Chicago and the midwest as a whole is dominated by germans/polish……I've had those plain water dogs in New York, not bad….but it really isn't even close, the beef of a vienna dog is far superior…. I know the New Yorkers can't handle it.

Gimme a chicago dog with boots on em and a coke……fries are thrown in unless you say otherwise

GENE AND JUDES OR SUPERDAWG should be the real thread question

Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 PM

103 posts, read 136,149 times
Compared to Zweigle's brand hot dogs(made in Rochester,NY) they both stink!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City