Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: SF or Houston?
San Francisco, California 141 77.05%
Houston, Texas 42 22.95%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM

672 posts, read 1,788,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Look up where he was born, also look where he was educated

The 2 cities are 50 miles apart. The MSA states that SF and Oakland are 1 MSA and that SJ, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara are one as well.

I guess it makes sense that SF would want to include SJ becasue that is where most of the educated people are in that area
And then look at his ENTIRE political career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Awesome, I am enjoying my pool out back of my mansion. Oh God, what a beautiful day here as well, although it is cloudy. Oh well, I hate bright sun

Economy is a little worse than before but nowhere near as bad as anywhere in California
If it's in Houston, knowing the humidity there, it sounds pretty disgusting.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
I don't think so! No cookie.

Last edited by Yac; 09-29-2009 at 07:04 AM..

Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,190 times
Quote:
Look up where he was born, also look where he was educated

The 2 cities are 50 miles apart. The MSA states that SF and Oakland are 1 MSA and that SJ, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara are one as well.

I guess it makes sense that SF would want to include SJ becasue that is where most of the educated people are in that area
Actually you are very inncorrect. SF is one of the most educated cities in the country, more people in SF have degrees than in San Jose. By the way most of the workers in Silicon Valley do no even live in SJ! They live along the Pennisula right below SF...Atherton, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Woodside, Menlo Park...

Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Why do threads on Houston always attract all the snide comments and flames?

If Houston were so inferior, that should speak for itself instead of people having to make things up and talk out of their butts, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
sf has 2 hospitals ranked in top 20, ucsf is higher ranked than anything in houston, as is Stanford...7 and 15 in the u.s. respectively. sf has a bigger oil company than any in houston (chevron) so the 2 industries houston touts as their #1s get beat by sf? hummm.
Houston has a lot more hospitals than that ranked in the top 20. M. D. Anderson is #1 in the cancer hospital category.

Look up the Texas Medical Center. It's soon to become larger than downtown Dallas by some accounts, and it's the largest medical district in the world.

The larger oil company in SF is really is no matter. I don't think anyone is going to argue where the country's energy capital is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Its a one trick pony whose only hope for survival is that we don't progress beyond the need for oil. I feel sorry for your economy really.
Not true. It's 2009. Not 1979.

Quote:
UCSF Medical Center and Stanford Hospital are world class teaching hospitals and both rank in the Top 20 nationwide, UCSF is in the Top 10-none from Houston are in the Top 10. Many of your best doctors were trained here. Your welcome.
See above post on Texas Medical Center. Many, many medical innovations have come out of Houston. Please do some research on this subject.

Quote:
You gave us George W. Bush-shut your damn mouth.
Houston did? That's news to me.

Quote:
LOL.....guess who has the inferiority complex now?
Good question. You know what they say about people who have to be rude...
SF should speak for itself. Why the need to put down Houston (most of what you're saying is not true anyway, as I've demonstrated.)

Quote:
Yes, The Bay Area is a powerhouse. Don't hate, congratulate.
So is Houston. Prove otherwise.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,190,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I know that people will probably choose SF or Houston
Brilliant deduction.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,190 times
Quote:
So?

I grew up in Western NY and was able to get some NYC radio stations. Does that mean that Rochester and Syracuse are in the NYC metro
Yea but I bet in Western NY you did have some of your own stations. San Jose does not have it's own radio stations or television stations. It has nothing. All the radio stations in the Bay Area are located in SF. I'm just saying if San Jose is suppose to be this big metro apart from SF why wouldn't it have it's own radio stations or news channels and why would it rely on SF so much for this?

Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
Actually you are very inncorrect. SF is one of the most educated cities in the country, more people in SF have degrees than in San Jose. By the way most of the workers in Silicon Valley do no even live in SJ! They live along the Pennisula right below SF...Atherton, Los Gatos, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Woodside, Menlo Park...

Los Gatos, Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton, Los Gatos are all right next to San Jose. Much closer to SJ than SF

Median income is higher in SJ as well. Why is that?

Old 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
Yea but I bet in Western NY you did have some of your own stations. San Jose does not have it's own radio stations or television stations. It has nothing. All the radio stations in the Bay Area are located in SF. I'm just saying if San Jose is suppose to be this big metro apart from SF why wouldn't it have it's own radio stations or news channels and why would it rely on SF so much for this?
Radio Stations in San Jose CA

Seems that very few are from SF

Old 09-23-2009, 04:09 PM

SF wins this with no effort.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-23-2009 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-23-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymes with Best Coast View Post
SF wins this with no effort.

I can smell the desperation from Houstoners at this point.

Laughable - almost, let's close this thread down laughable.

This folks is why these threads become flame wars....

..... with dumb statements like this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City