Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,323,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpterp View Post
hahaha lmao...Nice conversation going on here. I think you just won the award for most hillarious post on this site.

For the record any juvelile from West Baltimore will send anybody from New York back to their mommy. Didn't you watch The Wire episode when Barksdale "dealt with" the New York boys who thought they could come in and deal in Balty. Rochester? lol please...
I'm not too sure about that and you're basing it off of a fictional tv show, anybody from anywhere could "send someone home to there mommy" if the person is scared of them.

Was barksdale the dyke girl who killed that guy? I loved that show does it still come on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM

1,359 posts, read 3,720,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I'm not too sure about that and you're basing it off of a fictional tv show, anybody from anywhere could "send someone home to there mommy" if the person is scared of them.

Was barksdale the dyke girl who killed that guy? I loved that show does it still come on?
Some people are more vicious than others though depending on their background and surroundings.

Yeah it's fiction but for the record the Wire is one of the, if not the, most realistic TV dramas ever to air. Look it up if you don't believe me. Actually Avon Barksdale was the kingpin who ran the West Baltimore drug trade for the first 3 seasons. The "dyke" was "Snoop." The show stopped running a while back but you can watch it online for free : Free-TvShows.com - Watch HBO's hit show The Wire for Free ! (warning: the annyoing pop-up ads will drive you crazy, but there's a price you pay for everything right...)

Old 10-08-2009, 06:25 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRON350 View Post
Rochester NY. They ruined the city schools and put Midtown Plaza and Irondequoit Mall out of business. In Rochester most of them are hard core.
We have a higher murder rate than NYC. Well not all of them but most of them. There are some good ones.
You are kidding, right? Please, besides the Crescent, Rochester is not bad. Actually, there are quite a few middle class Blacks in suburban towns like Chili, Gates, Greece, Irondequoit and Henrietta. Heck, there are even some in Brighton and the eastern suburbs, which are the more affluent suburbs of the area.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Yes, very true. Also, when the inner loop was built. Midtowns loss was definitely Rochester's loss

The city of Rochester has went downhill ever since sammy G was murdered
Actually, both the Midtown Plaza and Irondequoit Mall are past their prime, anyway. Urban Renewal killed much of Rochester.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
The inner city in Rochester NY has it pretty bad. It is not minorities fault that things are like that though. The difference with Rochester is that there are very few taxpayers to pick up the slack in the city like there are in NY. There is no incentive for the well off to live in the city there. The stigma is of high crime, gangs and drugs which is true. Still, there are many decent people that are prisoners in their homes in the city (of all races) that might want to rejuvenate their neighborhoods if the city would do more to help
Then explain areas like Park ave., East Ave., Monroe Ave., Swillsburg, much of Maplewood, pretty much anything east of Culver and even much of the 19th Ward?

Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,251 times
miami, wonder what miami dade ranks, alot of my friends parents work jobs that only bring in 25k a year. and all the people questioning miami, you need to leave south beach and downtown in the daytime. to see what the city really is like. just go to certain parts of miami beach and southeach and you see poverty. i live in south dade and there are trailer parks all over.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:34 PM

1,084 posts, read 3,868,251 times
if this is the miami you dont imagine you are very wrong.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,575,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Actually, both the Midtown Plaza and Irondequoit Mall are past their prime, anyway. Urban Renewal killed much of Rochester.
True, but the 1964 Riot sent lots of middle and working class Rochesterians packing. It was probably unjustified hysteria at the time, but it was a classic case of white flight. I wonder what the city would be like today had they not abandoned their neighborhoods. I'm sure there still would be crime and violence in certain quarters, but I'd guess the majority of the city would be stable and well integrated.

You are correct about the Crescent, but unfortunately, the Crescent covers MUCH of the city.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:45 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,323,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
if this is the miami you dont imagine you are very wrong.

Wow, how can the beautiful Miami look like that, I guess all cities have there ugly spots.

The first 5 looked bad, the last 3 didn't look either bad or good.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:46 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,575,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodymiami View Post
miami, wonder what miami dade ranks, alot of my friends parents work jobs that only bring in 25k a year. and all the people questioning miami, you need to leave south beach and downtown in the daytime. to see what the city really is like. just go to certain parts of miami beach and southeach and you see poverty. i live in south dade and there are trailer parks all over.
I think the people who are surprised about Miami being on this list aren't considering that it is the city of Miami only, not the suburbs, that earned this standing. The city of Miami has long had vast areas with abject poverty. These areas are well off the beaten path followed by tourists, suburbanites and other visitors to the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City