Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 05:04 PM

475 posts, read 685,060 times

Advertisements

-Miami/Atlanta
-New Orleans (although most of the "clubbing" I've witness or participated in in New Orleans occurred during broad daylight. Interesting because I had never seen that before going to N.O.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 PM

91 posts, read 302,481 times
There are 5 rappers performing in Nashville tonight. Shows there is more then just country.
Jay z & beyonce?
fabolous
wale
michy avalon
ke$ha

Old 11-14-2009, 12:41 PM

91 posts, read 302,481 times
Alica Keys Memphis Bleek and Young Buck were there too

Old 11-14-2009, 12:50 PM

183 posts, read 230,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Actually, a lot of the nightlife in Atlanta is not necessarily hip-hop, despite what many might think. A lot of the popular clubs, especially in Midtown or Buckhead, play mostly house/techno/trance. Club 112 was a popular hip-hop club that closed. A lot of the clubs the DJ mixes it up, or have different types of music in different rooms. Also, Little Five Points is an alternative scene.

Overall, before the old Buckhead Village shut down, Atlanta could compete with Miami and New Orleans. Now, it's a different story. Midtown Atlanta has recently become the spot for nightlife, more than Buckhead.

And you are wrong about that there are way more Hip Hop Clubs in the Atlanta metro area than alternative night spots.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:52 PM

183 posts, read 230,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
He didn't really say that all of Atlanta night life is hip hop related, he just said the hip hop club scene is one of the best. There are more clubs like Opera, MJQ, and Door 44 among others that play techno, underground hip hop, and techno in Atlanta than there are strickly hip hop clubs, but thats not what Atlanta is known for. LOL... I know some people in Atlanta get mad when other people from other places only think of Atlanta as a hip hop city, but it is what it is.

I def agree with this post

Old 11-14-2009, 01:08 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,188,234 times
I'm surprised how many people don't realize that Atlanta actually has a very well rounded music scene. I could name several of my favorite bands that are either from Atlanta, or record in Atlanta. I would think the city probably has very good live music scene. That would be a big part of the night life.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:56 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,068,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakland2nashville View Post
There are 5 rappers performing in Nashville tonight. Shows there is more then just country.
Jay z & beyonce?
fabolous
wale
michy avalon
ke$ha
Shoot one of my favorite indie pop bands are local Nashvillians. I saw them for the first time at Mercy Lounge and they put on a damn good show! Nashville is WAY more than just country.

myspace.com/plexplex

Old 12-25-2009, 04:08 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
He didn't really say that all of Atlanta night life is hip hop related, he just said the hip hop club scene is one of the best. There are more clubs like Opera, MJQ, and Door 44 among others that play techno, underground hip hop, and techno in Atlanta than there are strickly hip hop clubs, but thats not what Atlanta is known for. LOL... I know some people in Atlanta get mad when other people from other places only think of Atlanta as a hip hop city, but it is what it is.

You right you do not think of house or techno when you think of atlanta. Thank BET for that. especially when you have HIp Hop awards, Soul train awards and some other things that promote hip hop and R&B etc. Most of the clubs here are HipHop clubs it is what it is

Old 12-25-2009, 04:51 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,148,927 times
Miami should take this easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City