Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is more Southern?
Washington DC 34 47.89%
Miami 37 52.11%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times

Advertisements

Southern= Conservative Christian terrorists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
DC is part of the North not South

Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 AM

220 posts, read 703,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
What I do know is that Maryland is a Southern State plain and simple.......
dog why you keep commin into these like these and trying to implore that DC and Baltimore and the whole state of MD is the south?? huh mane?? sh*ts gettin old now and no one gives a **** forreal but you. Maybe your one of these gucci mane hop ons out here thats wants to be a down south ***** but you ain't for real so keep on bein mid atlantic cuz. smh

Old 05-20-2010, 12:55 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Texas is in the Southwest.....

DC and Baltimore is Southern like Atlanta and Miami is Southern...........
How so?

Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,400,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
DC is part of the North not South
Wishful thinking but Definitely Not True as the FACTS Continue to Remain as Maryland is the South...............

Old 05-22-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnative1990 View Post
dog why you keep commin into these like these and trying to implore that DC and Baltimore and the whole state of MD is the south?? huh mane?? sh*ts gettin old now and no one gives a **** forreal but you. Maybe your one of these gucci mane hop ons out here thats wants to be a down south ***** but you ain't for real so keep on bein mid atlantic cuz. smh
First off All don't come at me wit dat Country Jibberish BS aight mayne.........

Second, Maryland is the South whether you like it or not but what I can not ever get a solid answer as to why the Maryland hate to the point that it is being denied as part of the South when it is FACT that Maryland is below the Mason/Dixon Line............

Old 05-22-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Quote:
Texas is in the Southwest.....

DC and Baltimore is Southern like Atlanta and Miami is Southern...........
How so?

http://mountainmaryland.net/images/mason_dixon_line,_cropped.jpg (broken link)

Old 05-22-2010, 08:02 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,154,410 times
Yeah, DC & Baltimore are just like Atlanta. You can hardly tell the difference between the three cities. Especially with the Atl and all of the rowhomes and density. Some of you off brands want DC to associate with the south so badly that it starts to become pathetic! Oh! I saw someone in DC drinking sweet tea, so it must be southern. Seriously slim! If I was you, I would start a protest at Union Station in DC and stand on the tracks to block all of the trains coming from Boston, NYC & Philly 300 times a day, because for some odd reason, they keep letting that Northeast Corridor Acela Train into DC.

Last edited by DC's Finest; 05-22-2010 at 08:12 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
$mk8795, what actually changes from one side of that sign to another?? Is the culture different? Do u see confederate flags all of a sudden? Does it feel like DIXIE?? Winn-Dixie super markets? Does it feel like "Down home"?

Old 05-23-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Yeah, DC & Baltimore are just like Atlanta. You can hardly tell the difference between the three cities. Especially with the Atl and all of the rowhomes and density. Some of you off brands want DC to associate with the south so badly that it starts to become pathetic! Oh! I saw someone in DC drinking sweet tea, so it must be southern. Seriously slim! If I was you, I would start a protest at Union Station in DC and stand on the tracks to block all of the trains coming from Boston, NYC & Philly 300 times a day, because for some odd reason, they keep letting that Northeast Corridor Acela Train into DC.
Still ain't understanding the HATE towards Maryland to the point of denial of the State being Southern despite the FACT that Maryland is Below the Mason Dixon Line.....

And that little Smart Comment about "Sweet Tea" TOTALLY DESTROYS the ENTIRE CREDIBILITY of the people using "Sweat Tea" as a WEAK excuse to Stereotype Maryland as not being Southern......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City