Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
The older dude with long hair and shades explaining stuff was called wolf and he died 2 years ago.
I'm guessing he was shot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 01:06 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,192,619 times
I'm live in Harvey( a suburb south of Chicago) and we have gangs here too, but gang banging is pretty dead around here lately. 3 years ago and before then, you had to be very careful going down certain blocks. For a city of 28,000, Harvey averaged murder rate was 36 per 100,000 in the years 2000-2007. 158th St. area on the far eastside of Harvey used to be Latin King central. They were 20-40 deep and banging hard 3 or 4 years ago.Its calm over there now due to some of the hardcore LKs are locked up for murders. That area also had a big problem with LK tagging everywhere on garages, houses, and fences.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:12 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,592,605 times
How can LA and Chicago have so many gang members and violence; that's just embarassing.
Gang violence is stupid and lame. Only brainless thugs who have absolutely no education are in gangs. I can't believe youths in America glorfiy this ****...

Old 05-16-2010, 05:12 PM

131 posts, read 145,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
You sure Lords and Kings still good with each other?
I heard otherwise.
CVLs from Leland and Central Park blanking them kings from Lawrence and Kedzie
and I heard the humboldt kings and lords are warring.

Black stones and Kings are and always have been cool tho

Unless u meant that they are NOT allied
Yea some Vice Lords don't like LKs like Mafia Insane Vice Lords,Imperial Insane Vice Lords and Spanish VLs but Humboldt Park Latin Kings aka Spualding LKs from the motherland is cool with the CVLs from division and lawndale.

"CVLs from Leland and Central Park blanking them kings from Lawrence and Kedzie" ......... Are you sure they're CVLs and not some other VL set?

Old 05-16-2010, 05:30 PM

131 posts, read 145,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
How can LA and Chicago have so many gang members and violence; that's just embarassing.
Gang violence is stupid and lame. Only brainless thugs who have absolutely no education are in gangs. I can't believe youths in America glorfiy this ****...

Idk so much about LA gangs but Chicago gangs go way back,way back before any of the hip hop glorifying gangs and gangsta rap,ect. Way before much of America even knew what gangs are. Most people in Chicago were born into the gangs,your parents being gangbangers, or you friends,fam,etc. You have no choice. Rival gangs try to constently hit you or the people how you hang out with becuase of the fact what you or your fam and friends are.Even if your not in it, the fact that your friends gangbang,makes you in it.You have no choice,......look you wouldn't understand becuase you didn't grow up in that lifestyle. And nobody is trying to glorify this lifestyle.

"Only brainless thugs who have no education are in gangs" You stereotype something you have no clue about! I feel sorry for the people how have not clue about the gang lifestlye judge without even knowing what it would be like if they were in the shoes of the people who join gangs becuase they have no choice!

Old 05-21-2010, 05:50 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkRican773 View Post
Yea, I know. Alot of gangsters are renegade now. There's only a few alliances now.First one that comes to mind is LKs and CVLs.But the Folk to the right side and the PPL to the left is still used.

cvl do not click with LK's, LK's are ebk they only allies are ABPSN

Old 05-21-2010, 05:55 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,827,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Here's an interesting short documentary on Latin Kings and Chicago gangs from 1989.

YouTube - Old School Albany Park, Chicago Latin kings 1

YouTube - Old School Albany Park, Chicago Latin Kings 2

I'm half white and half Puerto Rican, originally from Cleveland/Lorain.

YOU a racial group mixed with an island country? LMAO thats like a dude saying he irish and white makes sense? of course it doesnt

country/nationality-
race-

Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
YOU a racial group mixed with an island country? LMAO thats like a dude saying he irish and white makes sense? of course it doesnt

country/nationality-
race-
Puerto Rican is a mix of native Taino Indian, Black, and White...

I hear people saying they're "half Puerto Rican half Black", "half Puerto Rican half white", etc. all the time.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,418 times
The Bloods and Crips aren't warring with each other like they used to. In fact, when Tookie (Crips Co-founder) enacted his Peace Treaty, that put an end to all that Blood/Crip warfare. Granted, you still can't wear red or blue out in LA or anywhere in California without being mistaken for a gang member. Some Crips and Bloods even bang together and are joining forces to combat Mexican and Latino gangs trying to take over their blocks/neighborhoods. Honestly, this glorifying violence and crime stuff is foolishness. It's not like you're out there on the block so cut it out

Old 05-23-2010, 01:05 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,721,264 times
Chicago's southside, and gary are simply hellish places, and i honestly do not think there is anything in LA that even comes close. Oakland is probably the only place on the west coast that would even be comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City