Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which megapolis would come first?
Texas triangle 109 52.91%
Piedmont Atlantic 97 47.09%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,303,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I understood perfectly what you were saying but you completely missed what I was saying. what I am saying is that you don't even need the areas outside of ATL metro to win, you win based on that alone, because TT does not have a lot of highly ranked nationally known unis.

YOU don't need all of PAM for higher ed, ATL has you covered already. I gave you that how many posts ago when you first mentioned higher ed. go back and check.

see post 213. My exact words for higher ed: "I will give you that."
I was adding that RDU should've been considered too. That area is known for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:33 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Baylor is in Houston? That is real neat. Way to go TMC!

yeah, Baylor College of Medicine is in there. Rice University is across the street from the Med Center too. Many students from Rice perform research in TMC, and Rice is ranked 17 nationally.

University of Texas Health Science Center (Medical School) is in the Med Center too. So is MD Anderson.

Good hospitals include:

Methodist
memorial Hermann
Texas Childrens
MD Anderson

The hospitals in TMC each focus on a few areas of expertise so they are never ranked together with Johns Hopkins or Mayo clinic which are good all arounders

Old 10-18-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I was adding that RDU should've been considered too. That area is known for that.
lol, it was not needed.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:40 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Baylor is in Houston? That is real neat. Way to go TMC!
Don't confuse them though, lol

Baylor College of Medicine is in Houston, but Baylor University is in Waco. They have an affiliation though.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:23 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,968,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
And live Music. But EVERYTHING else(except College Football, Mexican Food, and Live Music), Atlanta is far superior to Austin in(Airport, Skyline, Public Transit, etc)
I don't even give Austin live music, lol. Unless you're talking about hipster cover bands.

That being said I must clarify, the Triangle as a whole beats Piedmont.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Don't confuse them though, lol

Baylor College of Medicine is in Houston, but Baylor University is in Waco. They have an affiliation though.
Oh...ok. Thanks for that clarification. I didn't know Waco had anything besides the David Koresh controversy. It's good to learn something everyday.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Texas triangle
Dallas- Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston

Piedmont or Charlanta
Atlanta, Upstate SC, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Birmingham

These are future megapolises
  1. Which one do you think would come to actualization first?
  2. How would you imagine them like?
  3. Which one would you rather live in and why?
This is what this thread is about. Not technically which one beats out the other. Just wanted to help UTHorns96. I will reanswer these questions later.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:16 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,204,320 times
Quote:
Oh...ok. Thanks for that clarification. I didn't know Waco had anything besides the David Koresh controversy. It's good to learn something everyday.
:/......yeah lol

Old 10-19-2010, 06:40 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,186,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I don't even give Austin live music, lol. Unless you're talking about hipster cover bands.

That being said I must clarify, the Triangle as a whole beats Piedmont.
I keep reading this on C-D that Austin's music scene mostly just cover bands but I have no idea where everyone is getting this from. This website is the only place I've ever heard anyone say that. Unless there's a completely amazing cover band scene in Austin that I am unaware of, I basically just assume these comments are usually made by people who don't know what they're talking about.

At any rate, many many people (including me) would take the Austin music scene OVER THE ENTIRE PIEDMONT REGION.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Texas triangle
Dallas- Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston

Piedmont or Charlanta
Atlanta, Upstate SC, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Birmingham

These are future megapolises
  1. Which one do you think would come to actualization first?
  2. How would you imagine them like?
  3. Which one would you rather live in and why?

1. They are both well on their way, I have intersting articles on how TT already functions as one region

2. I imagine TT to be big, unimaginably big, I imagine PAM to be like the NE but for this century- young people, tons of professional minorities, newer metro/city styles

3. I would probably prefer to live in PAM over the TT. I love more cities there than in TT (although if I had to pick the best individual city I would pick Houston). The demographics in PAM fit me better than TT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City