Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which megapolis would come first?
Texas triangle 109 52.91%
Piedmont Atlantic 97 47.09%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,940,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Not many people at all like dealing with Miamis airport. It was ranked one of the most boring airports in the US. I was there 4yrs ago, it was rather boring. But it kinda looks nice.
When I was growing up Miami's airport was the closest major airport so all of my entries were through Miami. Oh lord I hated it. I have gone through that airport maybe over 100 times (for international flights).

I would rank the airport in Puerto Rico the worst though. The people there are downright rude to foreigners. I see them yelling at people and being so impatient all the time. I hate that one a hella lot more than MIA. I avoid the PR airport at all costs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 11:50 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,303,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
When I was growing up Miami's airport was the closest major airport so all of my entries were through Miami. Oh lord I hated it. I have gone through that airport maybe over 100 times (for international flights).

I would rank the airport in Puerto Rico the worst though. The people there are downright rude to foreigners. I see them yelling at people and being so impatient all the time. I hate that one a hella lot more than MIA. I avoid the PR airport at all costs
You should fly to the one in Charlotte, we have been noted for our great customer service. The you would see what a real global city should look like!

And on a side note. It looks like the PAM has made a comeback on the TT. Interesting.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:05 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I know that Intercontinental is/was a huge hub for Continental, but if I'm not mistaken, Newark is even larger. Where's LAnative10 when we need him?

At any rate, the Southwest buyout of AirTran and their takeover of the ATL hub will boost Atlanta's numbers even higher in the near future (conservative initial estimates say an additional 2 million passengers annually).
No, IAH has always been the larger hub for Continental and it will remain the largest hub for the new United.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:12 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I would rather he listed the airport name then instead of the city/metro.

It is deceiving on first glance. DC area for example has 3 major airports, so ranking just one gives a serious undercount. The LA area has 4 or 5 major airports, giving the stats for LAX only is deceiving.

No wonder cities like SLC seems to be ranked exceptionally high

Miami is seperate for MIA and Ft lauderdale

DC includes National and Dulles not BWI

Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Proving even more than the TT is more of an economic power than the Piedmont. That's not saying the Piedmont isn't an economic power, just not as much as the Texas Triangle.
After a few months of reading this thread and post I retract my homerism statement. This statement wasn't so bad. But my response to this statement is still the same.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:55 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,832 times
Texas Traingle. Prefer the weather, economy, scenery, government and everything about that over the Piedmont.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:20 PM

1,512 posts, read 8,165,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Texas triangle
Dallas- Ft Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston

Piedmont or Charlanta
Atlanta, Upstate SC, Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh and Birmingham

These are future megapolises
  1. Which one do you think would come to actualization first?
  2. How would you imagine them like?
  3. Which one would you rather live in and why?
How could this be a competition with Greensboro in the mix?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:32 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,863,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
What are you talking about? The Triad is a region of 1.6 million. You might hate the area for your own shallow reasons, but that doesn't mitigate its importance whatsoever. Get real dude.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:11 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,803,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
What could anyone have against Greensboro? It's not big or important enough to hate this much. I see a lot of bitter statements about Atlanta...but Greensboro? Come on!

Old 10-16-2010, 12:49 AM

^Furthermore does anybody hate on BosWash cuz Providence, Hartford, and Camden are apart of it? Nothing against those cities, just using them due to their not so positive reputation. A megaregion is a REGION and not focused on one particular city per se, especially a minor one in the 'boro (only for the NC natives. Lol).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City