Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago vs New York
Chicago,IL 45 52.33%
New York,NY 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:58 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You, sir, are clueless. Just because the Cubs dont buy World Series victories doesnt make them any less special. Going to Wrigley Field is one of baseball's best experiences, better than that phony rebuilt Yanker Stadium. And the Bears have more history in their pinky finger than the Giants. Once again, winning pennants isnt the be-all-end-all of the sports world. Sometimes the history, fans, venues, etc, make for a better experience, and Chicago's sports teams have that in spades. Something youll never understand unless you come here and experience it firsthand.
the new yankee stadium is really nice, you should visit.

And think of it this way- The redsox,cubs etc and all their classic venues will have to be replaced someday, nothing last forever. They're just prolonging the inevitable. So the new yankee stadium will end up more of a classic/older/original venue in the future Especially with them winning a world series in the first year of its use. History has already been made in that ball park.

And why would you mention history? When we're talking about the yankees. Stop it five

Old 05-25-2010, 08:11 PM

15 posts, read 20,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Phoenix has tall buildings...Dallas is small...?

Since when?

I think you got it the other way around.
Smaller.

So you have no sense world/travel savvy (anyone who does would know New York and Chicago are very different cities - one clearly superior) and now you apparently have difficulty reading.

Look, Chicago is a pretty cool city but it's just not on the same level as New York. Not on the same playing field. Not on the same class level. Never will be either.

One is the more approachable and homely sibling and the other is the more exciting, popular, glamorous and far more successful sibling that everyone is secretly (and openly) jealous of.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:13 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,287,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra02 View Post
You sir are just saying this cause you can't win the WS in more than 100 years And yes, the professional sports are about winning. That's why we keep the scores.

PS. I bet watching the Yankees win is much more fun that watching the Cubs lose.
2005, White Sox.

PS. I bet the streets smelling like urine isn't as nice as a lack of garbage.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 PM

15 posts, read 20,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I personally prefer my home Chicago, simply because I have friends here, memories, and well because I have a place to crash after a long night out in the city lol.

But from an honest Chicagoan's perspective, NYC hands down wins in every category. Chicago has the edge on affordability but on the real NYC has a clear lead in nearly all those things. And why shouldn't it?
No city in the country can compare to NYC in terms of amenities and city life, not even close, you'll have to go to London to even try to out do NYC.

I think comparisons like LA or Chicago VS NYC are pointless. Yes, both LA and Chicago have a good amount of things they offer that NYC doesn't, but neither can out do NYC on any of the criteria given.
Finally, someone with common sense. And a Chicagoan than that.

I've been to Chicago many times, and I'm going on Friday, and I say Chicago is pretty cool (when you're not dodging bullets), but to compare it to New York City just makes no sense.

It's better to compare it with Philadelphia.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:33 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,287,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanCa View Post
Finally, someone with common sense. And a Chicagoan than that.

I've been to Chicago many times, and I'm going on Friday, and I say Chicago is pretty cool (when you're not dodging bullets), but to compare it to New York City just makes no sense.

It's better to compare it with Philadelphia.
Yawn, okay dementor.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
the new yankee stadium is really nice, you should visit.

And think of it this way- The redsox,cubs etc and all their classic venues will have to be replaced someday, nothing last forever. They're just prolonging the inevitable. So the new yankee stadium will end up more of a classic/older/original venue in the future Especially with them winning a world series in the first year of its use. History has already been made in that ball park.

And why would you mention history? When we're talking about the yankees. Stop it five
oh dear, you know what that means right??

anyways nyc definitely has more to do. Its the biggest city so i dont mind. But i prefer chicago(cuz im a homer)

but then again its NEW YORK CITY! I call a tie!!

Last edited by mas23; 05-25-2010 at 10:05 PM..

Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Lmao @ Stop it five

Enough with the gangs!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times
not apart of a gang. Just joking. The phrase went commercial a couple months ago

Old 05-25-2010, 10:27 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
not apart of a gang. Just joking. The phrase went commercial a couple months ago
Lol yeah I know.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post

people from new york tend to make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities

CHICAGO = REAL CITY, REAL PEOPLE
real people? please give me a break. so i guess you know every single person in nyc to make this claim. thats the problem with non new yorkers, they hate so much that they make up bogus claims to make nyc feel like its not what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City