Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago vs New York
Chicago,IL 45 52.33%
New York,NY 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkRican312 View Post
NYC is bigger because in the 20s ellis island was a port of entry for many poor immagrants from europe. They were poor so they stayed there,It help boost NYC's population, then because of the growth. NYC started it's rapid growth of public housing(ghettos/projects) so the new eurpean immagrants could afford the public housing. This made NYC have and still has the highest number of projects then anyother city. Cities like Chicago have gotten rid of the dirty project housing it had, NYC still has those rat infested projects. It should get rid of them. More tourist? Chicago is 2008 got 45.6 million foreign and domestic visitors and NYC got 47 million. They both get about the same number of tourist.

So New York is Chicago on steroids? Steriods is a drug,So you mean New York is Chicago on drugs? NYC is bigger then Chicago therefore it has alot more crack heads and bums! lol

Like, i said i've been to both cities and Chicago is better, u haven't. NYC has a small grimy skyline, the Empire state building in Chicago's skyline won't stand out because the Sears tower and Trump Tower are bigger.Plus NYC is mostly concrete and brick, i didn't see any trees or parks and no i didn't go to Central Park, Chicago is greener and prettier.And NYC is really expensive! It is really worth it?.......IMHO NO!

Both cities are cool,but Chicago is better,Chicago is my favorite city and NYC is my 2nd favorite.

Too many of these threads, I think i've seen like 200 of these NY vs Chicago threads. Visit both, I'm sure you'll go with Chicago because it's greener,cheaper,prettier,freindlier, and more livable.

Im sorry, but I just had to post. This is hands down the funniest post I've read all year on c-d. I normally don't get into these pis sing contests but this time I couldn't help myself.

First, you claim NY has a "small grimy skyline". You can't be serious. You also claim that your first time in NY at first glance, you looked up, seen NY's dumpy small skyline and took a nap.

Sure you did. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that their first time. Curiosity doesn't work that way. Then you go on to tell how rat infested NY is. How dirty, etc. chicago is friendlier, which I totally disagree. I have been to both NY and chicago many times and I will honestly say, NY'ers are much more friendlier. Chicagoins seemed kind of stuck up. But that was just my experience. I am sure there are many nice Chicagoins.

You said "Chicago is greener". Also not true.

NY has five times as many highrises, so if you thought NY's skyline was pathetic, then you must really hate Chicagos.

As far as NY having only one supertall compared to chicago's seven. Do you just make things up to suit your argument? I mean really. How old are you?

THEN TO TOP OFF ALL OF YOUR PERCEIVED INSULTS AT NY, YOU FINISH YOUR RANT BY SAYING THAT IT IS YOUR SECOND FAVORITE CITY. FUNNIEST THING I EVER HEARD. YOU TEAR NY A NEW AS SHOLE AND THEN CLAIM, BUT IT'S MY SECOND FAVORITE CITY. Got Schizophrenia? THAT REALLY PUT ME ON THE GROUND LAUGHING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMEDY ACT. IM SURE IF I STICK AROUND LONG ENOUGH, YOU'LL BREAK MY RIBS FROM LAUGHTER. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU. NOW STOP PLEASE. YOUR MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF.

BY THE WAY, WHICH ONE OF YOU JOKESTERS RIGGED THIS POLE? LAST NIGHT NY HAD A GOOD LEAD, NOW ALL OF THE SUDDEN CHICAGO IS AHEAD. ONLY ON C-D WILL PEOPLE TAKE THE TIME TO RIG A USELESS POLE....LMAO

I LOVE IT, AFTER ALL OF YOUR RANTS, YOU THEN WANT TO MAKE UP AND BE FRIENDS. TELLING EVERYONE TO CLOSE THE THREAD. YEAH, CLOSE IT AFTER YOU'VE HAD YOUR SAY. YOU ARE CLASSIC.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-26-2010 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
TT1

148 posts, read 439,887 times
WOW, Humboltparkrican is so envious of New York (inferiority complex) that he created 20 new screen names to rig the poll. He seems ANGRY. I can just see him smashing at his keyboard, tears streaming down his face behind his computer screen. Short grimy skyline? LOLLL. And how many times has he been banned?

LOL, Last night New York was winning by around 40% and Chicago mysteriously caught up and is beating New York.

How pathetic.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's pathetic? Imagine having the time to register 20 different screen names...over an internet poll!

Calm down!

Last edited by TT1; 05-26-2010 at 11:53 AM..

Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM

42 posts, read 34,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
2005, White Sox.

PS. I bet the streets smelling like urine isn't as nice as a lack of garbage.

You are talking about Chicago? Yup, the smell is terrible.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
WOW, Humboltparkrican is so passionate about Chicago and envious of New York (inferiority complex) that he created 30 new screen names to rig the poll. How many times has he been banned?

LOL, Last night New York was winning by around 40% and Chicago mysteriously caught up and is beating New York.

How pathetic.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that's pathetic?

Better get used to it. Chicagoans are famous for bosterism and fraud.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM

32,088 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
There much more to look at in Chicago then NYC. NYC isn't much more fun to look at,
Oh really? When my friend visited me from Europe back in 2006, the only place she really wanted to see was New York. In one day, we visited:

125th Street/Apollo Theater
Central Park
Carnegie Hall
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Radio City Music Hall
Rockefeller Center
Times Square
Union Square
East Village
Washington Sq. Park
Empire State Building
Brooklyn Bridge

We didn't even get to Wall Street, any museums, or the UES. We didn't do any restaurants or shopping on Fashion Avenue. And we're just talking about Manhattan. She was from France and this was a list of places she had been to determined to visit her entire life. People overseas don't dream about coming to Chicago. Sorry. It's a place they'll visit once they've already been to NYC, Miami, DC, and LA.

Compared to NYC, Chicago is a little, itty, bitty city in the Midwest that only people from cities like St. Louis and Minneapolis get excited about. There's no fashion industry. No music industry. No movie industry. Finance, law, art, food...that scene in Chicago is a joke compared to the NYC. New York represents the might of the USA in almost every dimension, and it's the place that people outside the USA most want to visit.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:34 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,625,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra02 View Post
Better get used to it. Chicagoans are famous for bosterism and fraud.
dementor-- how many alias do you have now?

I think I may start a poll for the board to "guess how many dementor aliases" and then offer extra credit if they can name at least 50 of your monickers. I'll give a prize, perhaps a Jonas Brother CD or a "White Plains Map of Celebrities and Stars", in your honor. BTW- you're not eligible.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,731,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post

What are you going to say once the world trade center is completed?
he'll be on suicide watch.

oh and nyc has like 800,000 puerto ricans. while its not more than the entire island of puerto rico, there are more puerto ricans living in nyc than there are in san juan, pr.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
dementor-- how many alias do you have now?

I think I may start a poll for the board to "guess how many dementor aliases" and then offer extra credit if they can name at least 50 of your monickers. I'll give a prize, perhaps a Jonas Brother CD or a "White Plains Map of Celebrities and Stars", in your honor. BTW- you're not eligible.
Chicago winning this poll really proves who is really making up user ids...

2,563 posts, read 3,625,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oh really? When my friend visited me from Europe back in 2006, the only place she really wanted to see was New York. In one day, we visited:

125th Street/Apollo Theater
Central Park
Carnegie Hall
St. Patrick's Cathedral
Radio City Music Hall
Rockefeller Center
Times Square
Union Square
East Village
Washington Sq. Park
Empire State Building
Brooklyn Bridge

We didn't even get to Wall Street, any museums, or the UES. We didn't do any restaurants or shopping on Fashion Avenue. And we're just talking about Manhattan. She was from France and this was a list of places she had been to determined to visit her entire life. People overseas don't dream about coming to Chicago. Sorry. It's a place they'll visit once they've already been to NYC, Miami, DC, and LA.

Compared to NYC, Chicago is a little, itty, bitty city in the Midwest that only people from cities like St. Louis and Minneapolis get excited about. There's no fashion industry. No music industry. No movie industry. Finance, law, art, food...that scene in Chicago is a joke compared to the NYC. New York represents the might of the USA in almost every dimension, and it's the place that people outside the USA most want to visit.

You said "-- Compared to NYC, Chicago is a little, itty, bitty city in the Midwest that only people from cities like St. Louis and Minneapolis get excited about.--"

Are you really that dim or insecure that you believe this? Do you think if you say this enough that it will come true? Please re-read what you wrote, step back, and make an honest assessment of its worth and validity... "Chicago a little, itty, bitty city in the Midwest". By most objective accounts, Chicago stands prominently within the top 20 (and honestly more like top 10) cities in the world on wealth, economy, GDP, culture and on and on. And on and on. Do you really believe what you wrote, or are you really that threatened by Chicago?

This is the type of crap that devolves these threads to a crapfest. They teeter as it is.

TT1

148 posts, read 439,887 times
Quote:
Have you even been to NY? Chicago is a cleaner version of NY! NY has rows and rows fo ugly porjects, the same height, the same building down the same block. Gets old! NY berly even has trees or any lawns. it just brink and concrete. pretty depressing. Chicago is a cleaner freindly version of NY. And Chicago has a taller skyline. Chicago is cheaper. Chicago has pretty beaches. NY has ugly ones. Chicago is better in IMHO, NYC is my 2nd favorite city, but Chicago is better. Btw, Chicago is also a big, busy, urban crowded city like NYC, Just that NYC is too grimy for me. Chicago is the biggest city your going to find in America outside of NYC. And how about LA? LA is too suburban, it lacks an urban feel.

I tired of these NYC vs Chicago threads, theres already been like 200 or even more.
LMAO @ Chicagoans and their "versions"

Reminds me of the immigrants on Canal Street who try to pass knock-offs off as a cheaper "version" of Rolex.

Has ANYONE heard someone pass New York as a VERSION of another city? Has Tokyo ever been degraded as a VERSION of another city?

Chicago is always being referred to as a VERSION of something else (always New York,) which is pathetic and embarrassing. Have more confidence in your pathetic ghetto city! Does Chicago have an identity crisis? Now that I think of it, SF, LA and Boston aren't referred to as versions of anything!!! Each have their unique identity!

Just be content with being #3/#4 behind SF and LA and deal with it.

Last edited by TT1; 05-26-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City