Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:10 PM

4 posts, read 7,819 times

Advertisements

-Culture: ATLANTA
-Economy: ATLANTA
-Cost of Living:ATL
-Food: ATL
-TranspATLortation: MN
-Walkable neighborhoods: MN
-Housing styles: ATL
-Natural scenery: MN

Old 05-26-2010, 07:13 PM

I live in mn and i must say its very expensive unless you live in the ghetto and boring so atlanta definetly has more culture ad atl is a better place to live you if you have a job

Old 05-26-2010, 07:20 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,881 times
Atlanta's unemployment rate is nearly 11%, while it's only 7% in the Cities.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,642,678 times
What exactly is the culture of the TCs? Flyingwriter, so grits is the only option for folks in Atlanta?The Twin Cities actually has farmland? Interesting.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:25 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,900 times
Culture: Atlanta
Economy: Atlanta
Cost of Living: Atlanta
Food: Atlanta
Transportation: Tough one here, but chose Minneapolis.
Walkable neighborhoods: Minneapolis
Housing styles: Tie
Natural Scenery: Tie, like the dense vegetation of ATL while I like the lakes of Minneapolis.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
-Culture: Twin Cities, by far
-Economy: Twin Cities
-Cost of Living: A wash
-Food: Twin Cities. I'll take hotdish over grits any day
-Transportation: Twin Cities. We actually have public transit in the suburbs!
-Walkable neighborhoods: Twin Cities, by far
-Housing styles: Twin Cities. Can't stand brick houses (not that the Cities don't have them, but they dominate Atlanta).
-Natural scenery: Twin Cities by far. Minnesota is breathtaking (lakes, farmland, snow, hills, cliffs, Northern lights, trees) and Georgia is the ugliest place I've ever been (ugly southern pines, muddy rivers, muddy fake lakes, no farmland [too hot and dry?], not much else).

Conclusion: Twin Cities crush Atlanta.
Wow. Just, wow.

I think your hatred for Atlanta is pretty well known around here, but why the need to actually make crap up to put the place down yet again?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:49 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wow. Just, wow.

I think your hatred for Atlanta is pretty well known around here, but why the need to actually make crap up to put the place down yet again?
It's sad when individuals bring it upon themselves to ruin threads discussing two very different cities, like the poster you quoted.

On a side note: I think culture, natural scenery, food, and housing is a toss up, they're subjective to the region you live in.
Walkability is definitely on Minneapolis's side.
And Transportation (including airport) is on Atlanta's.

Economy can get tricky.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Wow. Just, wow.

What did I make up, and how do you know I have "hatred" for Atlanta?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
What exactly is the culture of the TCs? Flyingwriter, so grits is the only option for folks in Atlanta?The Twin Cities actually has farmland? Interesting.
The TC area has Upper Midwestern culture, which in my opinion is better than Southern culture.

I thought the question was about local food traditions - i.e., Minnesotan food vs. Southern food. Obviously, in a city the size of Atlanta (or Minneapolis/St. Paul) you can find any type of food. There's more to MN than hotdish, too.

Yes, the TC Metro does have farmland. The cities of Lino Lakes, Dayton, Corcoran, Medina, and Stillwater (which are all less than 20 miles from downtown Minneapolis and/or St. Paul) are full of farmland.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingwriter View Post
Atlanta's unemployment rate is nearly 11%, while it's only 7% in the Cities.
i live in minnesota to and theres nothing great about it its very racist and very boring your only going to like mn if you like to go fishing and snow boarding but on the plus side the schooling is very good but i think atlanta is a better plae to live with way much culture white culture dominates mn but minneapolis and st.paul(twin cities)crime has went way up and the only reason unemployment is higher is because its a bigger city duh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City