Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Keyshia Cole is originally from Oakland, California and John Mayer is originally from Connecticut.
You're right...I just know she's there now along with everyone else. This is where the information was obtained...

Popular music artists from Atlanta, Georgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-27-2010, 01:14 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Keyshia Cole is originally from Oakland, California and John Mayer is originally from Connecticut.
True, but both of them got their start in music here so they're ours. LOL

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 PM

749 posts, read 1,315,967 times
The zac brown band is from Atlanta as well, love that band. Atlanta has a great music scene that goes beyond it's hip hop roots.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:18 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
LOl..but she sure lives here now though. I just saw her ghetto @ss mom in Pin Ups not even 3 months ago. And she was looking pretty snowed up if you catch my drift, it appears as if Frankie has fallen off the wagon
Thats hilarious! I saw Frankie, Fantasia and KeKe Wyatt at a club in Atlanta around New Years. Yes, Frankie was feeling herself that night…

Old 05-27-2010, 01:20 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
The zac brown band is from Atlanta as well, love that band. Atlanta has a great music scene that goes beyond it's jazz, soul and blues roots
Fixed that for you.

This was the town where Gladys Knight, Ray Charles, and James Brown got their break. Oh, and they're all Georgians too.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Well, actually I believe both Keyshia Cole and John Mayer started their music careers in their respective hometowns. They both moved to Atlanta later in their career. I didn't even realize John Mayer had a spot in the ATL.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Fixed that for you.

This was the town where Gladys Knight, Ray Charles, and James Brown got their break. Oh, and they're all Georgians too.
Very true. Many people seem to believe that in Atlanta, Everyone favors hip hop. While it is a major player in the citys image and music scene, people seem to forget about all the other great music that has come out of the ATL.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Well, actually I believe both Keyshia Cole and John Mayer started their music careers in their respective hometowns. They both moved to Atlanta later in their career. I didn't even realize John Mayer had a spot in the ATL.
Listen to the song why, Georgia why.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:29 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
Listen to the song why, Georgia why.
Is that a John Mayer song?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:30 PM

364 posts, read 717,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMAZBOI4U View Post
Thats hilarious! I saw Frankie, Fantasia and KeKe Wyatt at a club in Atlanta around New Years. Yes, Frankie was feeling herself that night…

Dude Frankie is sad, when I saw her at Pin Ups she got on stage, in her denim cat suit and all and started poppin it harder than some of the strippers were. It was like watching a train wreck, not to mention the fact the she obviously was under the influence of something. And judging by how much she kept touching her nose I have a pretty good guess what it was. Not really a Keisha Cole fan but I really feel sad for her. And Im not looking down my nose at her cuz I can relate, I know back when I was growing up and when one of my Uncle's didnt come home for a few days, my cousins and I always knew where he would be- in the back of Bowen Homes with a brillo pad and a str8 shooter in his pocket. So thats nothing that major, its just that everyone knows her Mom and how she is, that mess has to be embarrasing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City