Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM

364 posts, read 717,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Most of the artists in Atlanta aren't originally from there either. Ludacris is from Chicago, yet he's usually the 2nd rapper people mention after OutKast.
well lets see shall we...considering that just 20 years ago the metro population wasnt even half what it is now, I would venture to say that there allot of people here who were born somewhere else but moved here.
Take me for example, I was born in Chicago, but that doesnt mean Im from there. I grew up here in Atlanta and this is my home and this what I rep until my casket drops.

Quote:
Cee-Lo and Andre 3000 aren't underground rappers. Bobby Ray, he hasn't been known as B.O.B. for like a year now, is an up-and-comer (along with Asher Roth) but they're no Rhymesayers.

dude most of those people on that web site you posted aren't even from Minneapolis nor do they even live there.
Is MF Doom from the Twin Cities? Is he even ever there??

Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
Quote:
Most of the artists in Atlanta aren't originally from there either. Ludacris is from Chicago, yet he's usually the 2nd rapper people mention after OutKast.
I’m sure you’re familiar with the cliché “It’s not where you’re from; it’s where you’re at”? We don’t particularly care where they came from- what matters is who we see in traffic TODAY and it’s the aforementioned individuals.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Well for one, those numbers are 7 years old. Violent crime has decreased significantly, but this is still a big city. Crime happens in a big city.

Secondly, you'll have to ask the 1.2 million people that have moved here in the last 10 years (as opposed to the 300,000 people that moved the Twin Cities in the same time frame) . Apparently, they think it's an ok place
guess that means you have more criminals moving into Atlanta than are moving into Minneapolis.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
guess that means you have more criminals moving into Atlanta than are moving into Minneapolis.
ehh, crime here isnt that bad.
Now to someone from the Twin Cities it probably seems horrible, and a docile neighborhood like say the West End would probably scare the pants off the average Twin City resident, but compared to other cities, Atlanta isnt that bad.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
ehh, crime here isnt that bad.
Now to someone from the Twin Cities it probably seems horrible, and a docile neighborhood like say the West End would probably scare the pants off the average Twin City resident, but compared to other cities, Atlanta isnt that bad.
Too funny! I suppose not that bad compared to say ... Mogadishu. But compared to 262 out of 332 Metropolitan areas that rank better than Atlanta in this 2009 list...not so good after all. Probably the music. Don't forget to keep your head down and remember to serpentine.

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...e2009_Rank.pdf

Old 05-27-2010, 02:49 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Okay, back from doctor and a workout....looks like I missed a lot of crap about Southern music (mostly rap) and some high-fiving. Unsure which region has the best weed (although that sounds nice all of the sudden!), so I won't go there, and that's just a stupid argument -- both cities have TONS of drugs, but Atlanta probably has more (hats off!).

You Dixies keep forgetting nobody in the North (unless you have family in both regions) cares at all about the South, and is usually the butt of ridicule. Southern rap turned me off from rap completely and I used to like it....now it's down there with country and artists like John Mayer (heard his name referenced for some reason......as well as Justin Bieber???????). By the way, what in the hell does ROLF or LMAOF or whatever mean? I am not Tweeting or texting here and I can't believe people conversate this way, especially guys.

Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Yo they ran up outta here...lol

*looks in thread*
*hears crickets from the Atlanta rooster section*

*leaves and proceeds to flip the brim on my Minnesota Twins fitted*

Old 05-27-2010, 02:53 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,990,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Too funny! I suppose not that bad compared to say ... Mogadishu. But compared to 262 out of 332 Metropolitan areas that rank better than Atlanta in this 2009 list...not so good after all. Probably the music. Don't forget to keep your head down and remember to serpentine.

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009...e2009_Rank.pdf
Ha!

I really wonder what goes through peoples minds about this place. Do you think it's like the movies where there are people doing drive-bys and you get mugged/raped/killed for just stepping into the wrong neighborhood?

Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
You Dixies keep forgetting nobody in the North (unless you have family in both regions) cares at all about the South, and is usually the butt of ridicule. Southern rap turned me off from rap completely and I used to like it....now it's down there with country and artists like John Mayer (heard his name referenced for some reason......as well as Justin Bieber???????). By the way, what in the hell does ROLF or LMAOF or whatever mean? I am not Tweeting or texting here and I can't believe people conversate this way, especially guys.

It never ceases to amaze me how people from north of the Mason-Dixon line (in cities that are not NY, Philly, DC, Chicago) automatically think they are faster and more "cosmopolitan" than those of us in the south.
When truth be told allot of folks in those up north cities that are not NY, Philly, DC, Boston, Chicago....., are slower and exposed to less stuff then we are here in Atlanta...lol.

Once again-HILARIOUS

Old 05-27-2010, 02:56 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Hey, it doesnt bother me. But I know not everyone can deal with that, some of us are stronger than others, some weaker than others..lol

And to think this thread started off with the Twin Cities booster section calling Atlanta slow and country, now 15 pages later its "oh no, dont go to big bad Atlanta unless you wanna get robbed"....

HILARIOUS
That was directed at YOU and I call most Southerners "bumpkins" or "dixies" when they start drooling over their cities like you do. Stay durty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City