Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Dallas 77 43.26%
Philadelphia 101 56.74%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 12:17 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i think it depends on the individual as to what entails "better shopping", but i would assume that most people would be looking at which city has the more exclusive selection of retail and that would be dallas
I'm sure between KOP and Center City(nothing in DFW compares to CC) Philly has at least as much if not more high-end shopping than Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:30 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
I'm sure between KOP and Center City(nothing in DFW compares to CC) Philly has at least as much if not more high-end shopping than Dallas.
i highly highly doubt that. it's too late to find all the stores, but for example, i know philly doesn't have a valentino or oscar de la renta, etc. does philly even have a barneys new york

Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
i highly highly doubt that. it's too late to find all the stores, but for example, i know philly doesn't have a valentino or oscar de la renta, etc. does philly even have a barneys new york
Cuz we have our own original and classy stores, we don't have to piggyback off some other city's high-end stores.

Can you even buy a good slice of pizza in Dallas?

Old 06-03-2010, 01:54 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,164 times
Hmm, that's just classic excuses. If you don't want to compare shopping since it is not important to you, fine, but these arguments don't mean anything.

Quote:
Cuz we have our own original and classy stores, we don't have to piggyback off some other city's high-end stores.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,164 times
Right. Serious shoppers care more about what the stores a place carry than where it is located (in a mall or at the first floors of office buildings besides running cars).

Quote:
i think it depends on the individual as to what entails "better shopping", but i would assume that most people would be looking at which city has the more exclusive selection of retail and that would be dallas

Old 06-03-2010, 07:14 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,090,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Im pretty sure we just did a Dallas vs. Philadelphia thread not too long ago.

Most criteria is subjective (like food). Some people may prefer the food in Philly. They do have great offerings and superior Italian, German, French, and Puerto Rican Cuisine. However Dallas will offer better Mexican, Salvadoran, Vietnamese, and Southwestern (ie Tex-Mex). Both cities will have lots of Indian, Korean, Chinese, American, etc. food. You can find a resturant from any culture either place. Which set of foods is better? You cant really say because its too subjective.

Best post of the thread so far.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPP1999 View Post
Best post of the thread so far.
Rep your city.

I'ma leave it at that.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:53 AM

Dallas and Philly are too different to compare.

If you like a city in the classical sense of the word then you like Philly.

If you like the new suburban city/metroplex model then Dallas is for you.

According to the poll, twice as many on CD perfer the more classical style.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 AM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Dallas and Philly are too different to compare.

If you like a city in the classical sense of the word then you like Philly.

If you like the new suburban city/metroplex model then Dallas is for you.

According to the poll, twice as many on CD perfer the more classical style.
I think this sums it up nicely.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:06 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,842,323 times
Quote:
classic cop out . the point is, dallas has more high end names than philadelphia. period.

Quote:
can you even get good barbecue in philadelphia? tex-mex? soul food?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City