Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 06:26 PM

1,539 posts, read 2,434,457 times

Advertisements

Stoney did St James make you change anything that you had in your home design?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM

805 posts, read 2,008,372 times
Nah... they only care about the colors of the outside of the house... they don't want the exact same colors / brick / stone comobos right next to each other if they can help it.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:17 PM

383 posts, read 893,519 times
Just got back from SJP. My wife and I picked all the colors and fixtures for our new home. Now it is off to the architectural review board for approval and building starts. We are very excited and after signing all the papers, hung our by the Marina and watched the boats sail in. I was very surprised how much building is going on in SJP.

The only bummer wast the citation we got from a St. James traffic cop. Doing 32 in a 20. Ouch. No fine just a pain. That was in a Chrysler 200 rental. I will have to be more careful when my "redfire" Mustang is cruising down St. James Drive.

Now I am back in Jersey getting ready to battle TS Sandy. Life is never boring.

Texas Tim - Drove by your place and it is looking good!!

Pony

Old 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM

78 posts, read 199,978 times
Been at SJP for 4 months and still forget about the speed limits. Some of the 20 mph areas should be raised to 30 mph. We hope to be moving in about 3 weeks. Concrete work is scheduled for tomorrow.

Pony - Congratulations and Good luck with the house.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 PM

4 posts, read 8,612 times
Default hurricane impact?

How did SJP fare with the hurricane ? We got clobbered in RI- lots of huge trees down in my yard; been chainsawing for 3 days now, and just got power back yesterday evening. We were supposed to be on the edge and get 30-50 mph, but it turned out we got gusts up to 90 mph. It is very scary looking out the window and seeing the top of a 90 foot tree come crashing down.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:17 PM

Zero effect.... we had medium rain with light winds on Saturday night and Sunday AM, not really even a storm, just rain and wind, no damage anywhere that we can see in St James and / or the surrounding areas of Southport and Oak Island. Went out to dinner on Saturday night with friends to the Yacht Basin Eatery on the waterfront in Southport. Westfield, NJ, where we came from, got hammered big time, still no power in 50% of homes there, terrible situation up there for everyone.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 AM

OK.... so tomorrow, 11/3, is the day for the St James Italian Club's internationally acclaimed Bocci Festival and it is reported to be a beautiful, mostly sunny day in the low 60's !

So, a huge bunch of Italian warriors, of both genders, getting together down at the Waterway Park for some good catered Italian chow, drinks, cigars and a tournament at the adjacent Bocci pit. Now here's the kicker.....Texas Tim and Stoney are partners in the Bocci playoffs... I don't have a joke here... that's it ! The two most non-Italian guys down here, Tim's as Irish as Patty's cake and I'm some kind of Norwegian mutt and we're in the torunament together...... as partners no less. Now, we both are quite familar with the eating, drinking and cigar part of the festivities, but when I'm done here I'll be looking up Bocci to see what it actually is ! If I'm not mistaken it involves heavy balls of some kind and dirt.

This should be rich !

Old 11-03-2012, 08:38 AM

Yes it's a terrible situation up North, they're just beginning to get power back "sporadically" in Union County where we're from, they've had no heat or elec since Sunday, bad situation but they will get straightend out soon and begin the fix up..... it will cost mega $$ for everyone.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:49 AM

859 posts, read 2,997,690 times
Mantoloking sount to Seaside Heights and Long Beach Island is in ruin. Seaside Heights, along with numerous other beach towns are uninhabatable, and will be for many months.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,434,457 times
Stoney I am still 4 years away from potentially joining you in the festivities at St James. Plan to rent for a period (Sept - April) to make sure it is a good fit before "laying anchor". How has the unit you are renting been? It has been decades since I was in anything but a free standing home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina