Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 01:55 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,359,448 times

Advertisements

I was looking for current population, build out population numbers etc.

There is an article from StarNews that says at the end of this year, the population may reach 7,000. At buildout it says the population may reach 8,000 with about 5300 lots. That is about 1.5 persons per lot which seems to be consistent with numbers I see in the 5 year plan from the fire department.

The numbers on the new St James Center is about 2000 units. Some portion of these ‘units’ I assume to be business units. I can only guess what percentage will be residential. If residential is 75% or 1500 units, that would amount to another 2,250 people.

I would also assume not all these people are going to pay to join the clubs. At the same time, the developer marketing seems to be pricing new units so that club membership is included. How they will market St James Center is unknown.
I guess anyway you cut it, St James Center has the potential to add about 25% more people to club membership from outside the gates, whatever those final numbers end up being.

But again, I would like to confirm this before going off the deep end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 02:56 PM

91 posts, read 179,358 times
The other factor is what percentage of SJP residents are here full-time? Anecdotally, this is a second home for many folks.

I know it was cool last weekend, but we went down to the Beach Club 3 times, and twice we were the only ones in the parking lot, and one time there were two other cars. One of those was a gentleman who had brought a couple beers and a pizza and was happily gnoshing away looking over the ocean.

They are expanding Woodlands park, they just built the $4M Wellness Center, so I hope we will not have major issues.

Steve

Old 03-29-2018, 03:48 PM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
@Escaper

The vast majority of SJP residents that have homes (excludes just property owners) are "full-time" as far as Membership Fees go. Moreover, the POA now actively monitors gate ins/outs (electronically) which closed a long-standing loophole exploited by some residents to claim non-resident status, and pay reduced Club Membership fees. They also monitor your club facilities usage (golf/tennis/etc. membership card use) AND card swipes in other places. Bottom line: if you are here more than 180 days, expect to get notified they have elevated your membership to full-time!

Gatorbyter

Old 03-29-2018, 07:09 PM

77 posts, read 142,621 times
Any suggestions for realtors affiliated with St James and also not affiliated? Coming down next week and have a day to check out 4-5 properties.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:29 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
You are describing EVERY salesperson that works for St James "the company"...... they get a much higher commission on company lots and houses.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:23 PM

I sent you a PM since the last time I put a realtors name here, it was deleted and I was scolded.

You can recommend restaurants and such, but apparently not real estate company's.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I sent you a PM since the last time I put a realtors name here, it was deleted and I was scolded.

You can recommend restaurants and such, but apparently not real estate company's.
That is correct. You cannot recommend realtors or brokerages on the forum.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:27 PM

OK ... so .... I asked Troon about St James Center and The Clubs membership.

The response I received was:

"The latest information that we received from the developer is that no more than 200 units will be developed on the land you are inquiring about and the likelihood is it will be less than that (between 100-200). There is truth that those purchasing units in that development do have the ability to become members. "

So ... another 100+ units .. maybe 200+ people .... will probably not make that big of an impact.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:25 PM

6,799 posts, read 7,372,406 times
The number of units don't make any sense. The article from the Port Pilot says 53 acres will be developed as multi-family housing. That will contain a lot more than the 200 units Troon acknowledged in their email to ditchoc. Most 53 acre multi-family sites support several hundred to 1,000 apartments or condos.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:04 PM

91 posts, read 179,358 times
I apologize for my post recommending a realtor. I was unaware of the prohibition and will not do so again.

Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina